Please help me choose a laptop

I just wanted to ask if you might have any ideas about this.)

Around the New Year, I want to buy a laptop for studying, because I realized that taking notes in certain files is much more convenient than carrying around a bunch of notebooks. Moreover, you can make certain inserts in the files, go to the IPR book (this is an electronic library). Plus, I realized that the system operator anchors the person. If there is a laptop, I can always study anywhere, not just at home) And in this regard, I need your advice on what you would do) And what should I do?

You will need to quickly turn on certain programs; with all this, of course, you will need to turn on movies often, and I would like to watch them in a fairly comfortable environment, with a pleasant color reproduction.

I define approximate techs. indicators like:

Processor: Intel Core i3-i5, or normal AMD, which will be responsible for performing all operations;
RAM: 8GB+, which will give the appropriate boost to the processor and speed up all processes
And a video card… here the main question is: will it be required in principle, if the laptop will not be used for games? Another question is-if the map is just integrated - will I be able to watch movies in good quality?

As for the models: I choose between ASUS VivoBook M433IA-EB575, 14", because there is, as a friend told me, a good percentage of AMD, 16 GB. RAM, 512 Gb. SSD. As for the card - it is integrated, AMD Radeon. IPS.

For a while, I even looked at the MacBook Air, which in fact have a very good battery, and this is very necessary on a pair; and for sure they will last a sufficient number of years. At the same time, I constantly look in the direction of the MacBook… there’s something about them… special) at least-even their operating system, their design. But… in my opinion, this technique is more for professionals (support for a huge number of Photoshop, Fine Cut other professional programs). It is sad enough, probably, to use such a “machine” for the most basic tasks. It’s like driving a Ferrari through the countryside

There is also an option with ASUS M509DA-BQ1126, 15.6", IPS, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 16GB, 1000GB, 128GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8. As for me-a cool option)

I can’t go into more specific models yet, but I just say that a video card is not only for games.
This is a device that responsible for all video operations, starting from desktop image output, comfortable films viewing and finishing with videogames.
If you need to watch videos/movies on your new laptop among other things, personally I would consider an internal video card, not built-in.
For my taste this is much better in all aspects than limited built-in graphics

Get an IBM compact model from 1986.

Best “Laptop” you can get, has all the ram you’re going to need.

I have a Razer Blade 15 with GTX 1060 max Q and I’m very very happy with it.
The problem is it costs a lot and the battery doesn’t last that long like more or less 6/7 hours. But it does run all the games.
There is Razer Blade 13 inch. Small yet very powerful with a maybe 10 hour battery life, 120hz screen, GTX 1050, 16 of ram. Take a look into it.

1 Like

Few days ago someone asked same question and by that moment I have chosen a laptop for myself, and advised it to that person as well.
The model is quite good for specifics and therefore should be good in performance.
According to its review it has quite good battery and, well, showed a good result while demanding tasks, so it can be a decent choice.
Take a look at Asus ROG Strix G15 G512LU-AZ013

2 Likes