Poll: Remakes or Originals?

Following my recent discussion with @Beldingford I’ve decided to make a poll to see whether people prefer the remakes of Codename 47 missions in Hitman: Contracts to the Codename 47 originals. For the purposes of this poll Deadly Cargo is both Gunrunner’s Paradise and Plutonium Runs Loose.

Deadly Cargo/Gunrunner’s Paradise + Plutonium Runs Loose

• Remake
  • Originals

0 voters

Traditions of the Trade

• Remake
  • Original

0 voters

Slaying a Dragon/Kowloon Triads in Gang War

• Remake
  • Original

0 voters

The Wang Fou Incident/Ambush at Wang Fou Restaurant

• Remake
  • Original

0 voters

The Seafood Massacre/The Massacre at Cheung Chau Fish Restaurant

• Remake
  • Original

0 voters

The Lee Hong Assassination

• Remake
  • Original

0 voters

Overall

• Remakes
  • Originals

0 voters

6 Likes

The originals (regarding the Chinese missions) felt refreshing, now that I look back on them. Traditions of the Trade included.

The music, the pace. Then again, I just like older stuff in general :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I think back, I wish Meet Your Brother got a remake. That would’ve been an amazing transition to Hunter and Hunted; a shootout to prepare for a better shootout.

1 Like

Imo Contracts did a terrible job with remaking levels from C47.
Only remake that’s better than it’s original version is The seafood massaccre.

2 Likes

I prefer originals. The only remakes I prefer are Deadly Cargo (even if I don’t consider it a remake but a complete new mission) and Slaying a Dragon, done better then original. I don’t like the idea of a remakes because they add nothing new. Missions already done with only a better graphic. I prefer missions with new stories, new targets, new characters.

I think the remakes are hugely underrated levels and I prefer all the remakes to the originals except the Lee Hong Assassination, which was a dissapointing reskin that made the level worse in general. Deadly Cargo, Slaying a Dragon and the Seafood Massacre improve their corresponding levels a huge amount imo, adding more options and Deadly Cargo is a completely reimagined level that is one of my favourite levels ever.

4 Likes

I prefer the remakes in every case, even the Lee Hong Assassination is better in Contracts although I don’t like either of them.

Seems like TotT remake is winning so I was right. :sunglasses: So far at least.

I am really surprised about that, and I am surprised about how well the remakes are doing in general.

I played C47 but not contracts so this is interesting for me as well.

Don’t vote if you haven’t played originals

3 Likes

As someone who has never played C47 since I didn’t have a PC until recently, it’s interesting to see that most people seem to prefer the remakes. Except Lee Hong – can someone explain why that is the only original that is apparently better than the remake?

Also, accidentally voted on one when trying to hit “view results.” I then tried to cancel the vote but idk if that’s possible.

Contracts is my favorite Hitman, but I think most of the remakes felt weak compared to the originals.

I like the atmosphere and difficulty of Gunrunner’s Paradise and Plutonium Runs Loose rather than Deadly Cargo’s, which seems too short in comparison and not nearly as scary.

Traditions of the Trade, the original is unbeatable, hands down.

Regarding the Hong Kong missions:
-Slaying a Dragon is better in giving you more options to complete the mission. However, I prefer the original atmosphere.
-The Wang Four Incident: Remake is way better.
-The Seafood Massacre: Remake is way better too.
-The Lee Hong Assassination: Original is better.

However, I think Contracts really shines in its original missions.

1 Like

As much as I like the remakes in contracts I honestly just wish there weren’t any in Contracts. I know it’s exploring 47’s memory of past missions but I feel like there’s a way expand on the first and second game with entirely new missions. Like in Bjarkov Bomb we got a bit more information on the past game in a new mission.

1 Like