Poll: Would you pay a $30 USD yearly subscription service for Hitman if you were guaranteed to receive a brand new location map every 3 months for your $30 USD?

True, but we all thought pretty much the same before Year 2 was announced, with only suspicions and hopes for new maps and modes still to come once the game released on Steam. Possible it could happen again. The Xbox One Killer Instinct remake was still releasing content even 3 years after release. You never know.

Freelancer gonna be Year 3 content if they postpone it again :smile:

Yeah i get that, iā€™m in 2 minds about it, i feel like the WoA is great and they could constantly add maps and missions to it, but at the same time, the weapons and suits are getting too much now and could do with a fresh start, the gameplay is still top notch imo

4 Likes

Absolutely.
Iā€™m not a big gamer in general and end up coming back to only a few titles/franchises.

More Hitman content to me is money better spent than in a wide range of new game titles.

Although a new location every 3 months seems unrealistic. 2 locations per year would be more in line with the usual development rhythm and resulting in greater quality. Would still pay the same nonetheless.

5 Likes

4 new maps every year would likely cost more than $30 a year. new maps could easily go for $15-25 each, especially if they had extra content like a bonus mission (Hitman 1 style, hopefully) and a few fun escalations.
Personally, Iā€™d prefer a yearly ā€œseasonā€ pass model, with a, letā€™s say $80 pass that guarantees a new map every 3rd month, with other content in-between big releases.

Iā€™m just trying to figure out how many years of content this hypothetical expects?

It would probably be worth it from a consumer standpoint, even if it was only 2 or 3 maps a year, but I feel like it asks a lot of IO and ventures into fan entitlement territoryā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Then again, my own question and answer kind of feel entitled to me soā€¦ I guess I would subscribe to this. Though I know the future must come eventually, Iā€™m not quite ready to let go of WOA just yet; eff it, Iā€™ll indulge in a little fantasy.

Yes. I want to travel the world all the time, and more locations its good for Freelancer too.

But i dont think they can make 4 maps in a year
2 maps maybe 3
Its challanges, design, easter eggs,bugs fix, its taking a time 4-5 months maybe for 1 map

Iā€™d be willing to pay for a subscription or DLC if, one, the maps are interesting, and two, we get unique content with them. So many reskins of basically the same things is getting kinda boring (though understandable given that most of the H3 dev team are now working on 007).

Just let me buy the maps, why should it be a subscription?

WoA is already too big. Having 50+ maps or so would make individual maps seem insignificant, and how would they even fit them into the story?

No.

Iā€™d pay, but itā€™s not really about the maps. We have plenty of those. Whatā€™s needed IMO is an overhaul of the items, inventory system, progression scheme, new mechanics, etc., and thatā€™s not going to happen. Theyā€™ve pretty much wrung out all the juice they could out whatā€™s in the game right now.

Hell yes Iā€™d pay that.

4 Likes

Leaks about Ambrose started in late fall/winter last year. That should give you an idea of how unrealistic a 3 month cycle is.

4 Likes

When IOI was short on cash, they needed to quickly roll out locations like Whittleton Creek, and the turn around time was ~ 4 months, but it depends on the size of the team and experience of the programmers involved.

Hell Iā€™d pay $30 per map if they were top-notch

4 Likes

No for a subscription.
But paid DLC maps as additional missions YES.

So much ideas from the fans like a cruiser ship, a snowy mountain or an AIRPORTā€¦

That would be a good way to keep the Hitman WoA going for years without getting boring :+1:

False, it was in early summer last year

1 Like

Just yesterday I had to explain to a H2 Steam player user how the whole editions, carryover and ownership stuff works.
If IO adds another layer of confusion on it by introducing a subscription system I will be seriously mad. :joy:

12 Likes

3/4 of those polled so far would agree to a subscription program.

If there were enough subscribers, it would guarantee a bank of profits for IOI to develop future Hitman content, and subscribers would get their guarantee of generation of future Hitman content.

It is a win-win, except perhaps, as noted, in the realm of a confusing and large number of ways that Hitman content is purchased, whole and piecemeal on different platforms, over the last eight years.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my only major objection with IOI making a lot of new content for DLC and such. Theyā€™d probably have to try and standardize on releases and updates across multiple platforms, be it PC, Mac, PS4/5, XBox, etc. Other than like added weapons and gear, and maybe the occasional added map or bonus map, I wonder if that could get to the point where IO might have to make a new Hitman game (which they probably would anyways) after Project 007 is released.

Less than 10 bucks a map? Why not