Profile Picture/Name Change Thread 2.0

zart
it be that time again, although I’ve joined a few new discord servers with people I know in since last year so I wonder how this’ll go :thinking:
happy pride

before

art

9 Likes

Roy G. Bivolo says LGBT+ rights for all. Uh I am just an ally who found a good picture of Rainbow Raider in time for Pride for the record.

10 Likes

I didn’t expect to change this early but a few hours ago the comics world has lost one of its most celebrated talents. Long time Marvel (especially Spider-Man) artist John Romita Sr has passed away at 93 so I picked one of his uncoloured prints of Spider-Man that I found online to commemorate his talent.

12 Likes

I am sorry for the sudden change but I saw @Sean change his PFP to Oppenheimer and I knew I had the opportunity to do the funniest thing…

14 Likes

Oh shoot yeah! I’ve planned to change my PFP once we get close to that release date too!

9 Likes

I turned myself into a Mango, Arthur. I am Mango Dutch!!
Funniest shit I have ever seen.

15 Likes

Dutch!

Coincidentally, I just changed my profile picture to Arthur.

5 Likes

What’s more than just supporting your Sexual Orientation? Well do what i do and fangirl over band Drummers!!! Ahhhhh Phil Selway. :purple_heart:

(And yes that is a Agent Selway Photoshop image)

12 Likes

Oh my god it’s Barbenheimer week already. Time to change my profile pic to that Barbie poster I made a few months ago!

14 Likes

Perfect pair with this Barbie.

10 Likes

Decided to make a return to the more artistic profile pictures and I decided to use this beauty by Charles Sheeler titled Classic Landscape. I would have looked around for a larger picture of it but this one suffices

Sheeler is most famous for his paintings and pictures of various industrial sites across what would become the American Rust Belt in a lesser known style called Precisionism, a form of Purism-like works that both retained distinct forms and shapes but reduced certain details and levels of texture, also directly compared to Futurism due to its use of shape and focus on industrialisation and technology.

Classical Landscape depicts one of his first muses, River Rouge, Ford Motor Company’s main assembly complex at the time, this is a section of the plant that made concrete using by-products from their automotive assembly line.

Sheeler also has an extensive portfolio of commercial photography and one experimental short film Manhatta which he made in collaboration with Modernist photographer Paul Strand.

10 Likes
4 Likes

This was the exact reaction Sheeler intended, Classical Landscape creates a similarity in the architectural language of the concrete plant with the grain silos and produce lifts of The Heartland.

I bet Overwatch coming to Steam is really driving TF2 fans mad. All I can say is that is a god thing.

3 Likes

Wonder if Valve will start updating the game regularly now since OW2 is now on Steam :thinking:

nah

5 Likes

Look up in the sky, Ro. See any pigs? If not then that means it still isn’t going to happen.

3 Likes

New PFP this time it is Supremacist Composition: Eight Red Rectangles by Kazimir Malevich. Suprematism is basically a form of proto-abstract art, Malevich believed that pure geometric abstraction forced the viewer to create his own interpretation of the piece, it was radically different to most forms of art at the time and it greatly informed Western Abstract Expressionist styles.

6 Likes

I hate abstract art. Creating something and then saying it’s up to the interpretation of the observer to determine what it is is just a way of saying you were too lazy to figure out what it was you were making and now don’t even know what you have. You made the damned thing - you tell us what it is and why. There should be no room for other people’s interpretation of your work. If you want others to figure things out for themselves, let them make their own art.

The entire point of the entire fucking movement is to place the interpretation on the observer, it means you are the lazy one for not even thinking about how it impacts you for a single second. Not to mention Malevich spent several years and published may manifestos to develop his artistic theories.

Malevich himself had designs in mind when he created his art, Malevich himself said geometric shapes represent a base form of an idea, squares in particular represent a break from the traditional use of circles as the basis of mot representational art as well as the zero point of any art and the while voids in his work symbolise the aether such ideas are formed from.

It isn’t that much of an ask for you to think about what you are seeing, you are a part of the art as well, you are the one consuming it!

3 Likes

oooooh I’m abstract oooooh :ghost:

abstractchicken

13 Likes

I won’t go into a full-on speech about the rest of that, the whole concept of whether abstract art can be considered real art has been argued to hell and back by people more involved than us, but I’ll say it’s a whole different story comparing, say, a painting of a person on a horse in a field and being able to appreciate its quality by how accurately it actually depicts a real person on a real horse in a real field and how it makes you feel about such a scene, versus putting a bunch of shapes and symbols and such on a canvass and judging whether it’s good work based off of whatever you may or may not make of it.

Doesn’t work when I already know what the picture is.

1 Like