Progression Transfer In HITMAN 3?

Asking the big questions ova here

2 Likes

There is no official info about HITMAN 3 yet.

Everything that could be said about new HITMAN game at this moment is just a speculations

Please God, NO!
Don’t want to be playing Season 1 a third time and then Season 2 a second just to get to Season 3 and be done with that also. Burned out would be an understatement if that would be the case.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it, I replay Hitman all the time, and I love that little sound of a new challenge succesfully completed and the rapid XP progression after mission complete.

But indeed, no official info on that yet, understandably.

11 Likes

Amen. i dont mind unlocking the Stuff again.

4 Likes

Don’t you guys have other games to play? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It took longer to download the damn Legacy Pack than to unlock everything :smile:

i play lots of Stuff simultaneously :laughing:

2 Likes

I agree. At least, let each player choose that. If the progression is transferred, I’ll make a GDPR request to reset my Hitman 3 account. It’ll still be possible to do that.

I want to replay all the content with Hitman 3 features.

4 Likes

I would still replay the Season 1 and Season 2 if IOI makes them available in Season 3 but I would like to play them at my own leisure, same thing I’m doing playing Season 2, now that I got pretty much all challenges out of the way. For me challenges and to some extent achievements are checklists which get in my way and ruin the experience for me. I can deal with completing challenges for Season 3 but not with redoing stuff that I already did in Season 1 and 2.

1 Like

I hope not. I did it twice, i’m not willing to do this all over again.

Anyway there’s also a lots of other reasons taking me back from Hitman 3, but that will be the matter of another topic.

Stay tuned…

6 Likes

Yes, and it’s perfectly understandable, that’s why IO should give the player a choice during the first connection. For example, “Do you want to recover data from previous seasons ? Yes/No”.

First, when Hitman 2 was announced, I didn’t like not being able to retrieve all my progress from season 1 but after sometimes, I loved redoing everything and rediscovering all the season 1 challenges through Hitman 2. It took me about 300 hours (4 months) to get the initial 100% in both seasons. But I don’t have a lot of games (3/4 per year), so I don’t mind and I love Hitman :heartpulse:

6 Likes

I would strongly prefer it if my progress from Season 1 and 2 would transfer over in 3, a lot of challenges are annoying and getting all the unlocks was tiresome and not very fun for me, those damn fountain challenges broke me, don’t get me wrong I enjoyed replaying S1 levels in S2 and loved using the new mechanics however I do not want to go through that again in S3.

I’d be surprised if they didn’t allow you to, one of the features is the always-online progression (which I don’t like and hope they add a proper offline mode at some point) so not being able to import your progress over is just plain silly, I understand why they couldn’t do it in S2 with the squareenix problem and their new mastery system, but there is not excuse for S3.

3 Likes

I had a blast going through the mastery levels of 2016 with all of Hitman 2’s mechanics. Hitman 3 will hopefully add new mechanics and it will be just as fun. I love both games dearly and I’m confident that Hitman 3 will top both and it’s mechanics will make its legacy packs exciting to play through.
But to all of the people who try to do every challenge just stop torturing yourselves you’ve done them before, why do them again? Focus on unlocks people.

1 Like

The idea of having to get an SA SO ranking on Master Difficulty in bastard-hard locations like Bangkok, Colorado and Sgail for a second or even third time now scares the daylights out of me. Please carry over our HITMAN 2 challenge progress, lovely IOI folks.

4 Likes

That’s funny, because for me, getting the SASO Master challenges is probably the only thing that would motivate me to replay the levels in H3.
Any other challenges I would never bother to redo, I gave up being a completionist long ago when games started to think that ten thousands of silly chore achievements would be a good idea. I 100%-ed some levels in H2, but not all.

Nontheless, it would be nice to have the old levels available in H3 simply because more well designed levels is always better for nice Hitman sandboxes.

Please do not add MK II and MK III unlocks.

3 Likes

tbh I would expect progress to carry over this time.

If IO/WB are smart, they’ll even use it as a marketing tool. Announce HITMAN 3 and then tell all the new players to prepare for the game and stack out their inventory by purchasing and playing HITMAN 2 before the release date (also allowing them to try boost HITMAN 2 sales towards the end of it’s supported life).

1 Like

How do you feel about unlocking the Items for a third Time?

• Hell yeah, lets do it
  • I’m okay with it
  • i would rather not do it again
  • i wont do it again, no way

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m not that hardcore of a gamer, but I’ve put more time into Hitman 2 (w/ legacy and expansions) than any other game ever. There is NO CHANCE I’ll do that much grinding over again. Zero. I’ll be VERY disappointed if it doesn’t carry over.

1 Like

I really can’t believe that they’ll make us unlock everything yet again. The devs themselves have poked fun at the ‘Mk II’ stickers, which I bet were not originally supposed to be funny. They won’t make the same gaffe for a third time.

2 Likes

They should put a MkIII in the corner of the boxart for the game for the lols.

1 Like