Question regarding Hitman3 (transferring the progress from Epic to Steam)

Hello! I can’t wait to play new Hitman3 on PC. But, as we know, it will firstly be released in Epic Games Store, and 1 year after on Steam. I’m a Steam kind of guy, but I still want all pre-order bonuses. So, I have a question. If I buy the game in Epic Games Store, will I be able to synchronize my progress later if I buy the game on Steam? Will all the purchased DLCs remain or I will have to buy everything again with a full price on Steam? Thank you!

we dont know :frowning:

1 Like

Well, that’s bad, but thank you anyway. By the way, are developers checking this forum? Can the question be forwarded to them or I have to write an email to them?

they most likely don’t have an answer at the moment. we have not gotten any info about how certain progress transfers work

I doubt developers will answer this question.
As long as Steam release is way ahead, they may even don’t know the answer themselves yet.

But as far as Steam and Epic are different stores, of course you’ll need to buy everything again.
As for progress synchronization, this is quite possible, but at this very moment is unknown how it will work and will it work at all

At least, if I enter IOI website, it says that I own Hitman2 and the platform is Steam. So, maybe, all the progress and DLCs info saves into my account (not familiar with the system). At least I hope so.
Maybe I should try buying Hitman2 Standard on Epic Store.

No. At least by now

HITMAN 2 does not exist on Epic Store at this moment

Actually, No. You can transfer the Locations of Hitman 2 and Hitman Legacy Pack, As stated in the Dartmoor blogpost:-

With that in mind, we are pleased to confirm that PC players will be able to carryover their current progression and unlocks from HITMAN 2 on Steam into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. It will also be possible for PC players to import locations from the previous two games into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. We want to make it a seamless process for our PC players to enjoy HITMAN 3 on a different PC platform and continue to enjoy the benefits of our World of Assassination.

As for the Preorder Packs, Don’t Worry about that. It will eventually be available as an Addon within months after Launch.

Thank you a lot for the information! So, as it is possible to transfer the progress from Steam to Epic, then we should be able to transfer it from Epic to Steam later. Even though, the question regarding the need of buying everything again on Steam is still relevant. If it is so, that would be awful taken into account the price of it in Europe.

Question was if it possible to get DLCs on Steam for free if you already bought them on Epic.
But the game won’t be available on Steam for at least a year, so at this moment this question can’t be answered with confidence. But if you’re switching your mobile operator, you need to buy a different operator SIM, right? So most likely here we have the same situation.
Now it’s confirmed that the game will migrate from Steam to Epic, but nobody from IOI said nothing about game migration from Epic to Steam, when game gets available on Steam

2 Likes