Rage 2 (Avalanche + id Software)

Open-world from Avalanche, Gunplay from id Software.

Practically Mad Max 2.

Looks more like Borderlands than Mad Max.

Agree, i was a bit hyped when i first saw the news about RAGE 2, but after watching the gameplay trailer, i was thinking the same as you, this is just Mad Max 2 with more guns, so I don’t have high hopes for this game anymore and the hype is already gone :frowning:.

I liked RAGE 1, but I haven’t played Mad Max.

That was so… underwhelming.

It’s a WB game. Enough said.

Rage was a very underrated game. Solid shooter with some driving mechanics that were a little underdeveloped. Mad Max was also about as good as those Open World Busywork Games can get. So I’ll keep an eye on this.

post apocalypse? :ballot_box_with_check:
open world? :ballot_box_with_check:
crazy combat? :ballot_box_with_check:
zany characters? :ballot_box_with_check:

well, it seems to check off all my boxes for a game like this… we’ll see though how enthusiastic i stay the closer we get to launch, because mad max was such a disappointment… but working alongside iD and bethesda certainly makes the thought more promising…

explosions :ballot_box_with_check:
Saturday morning cartoon characters :ballot_box_with_check:
first person, claustrophobic perspective :ballot_box_with_check:

Different strokes, apparently, but I’ll pass.

i’ve gotten used to that claustrophobic feeling from playing fallout 4 in first person a lot…

and depending on the release date, i’ll probably still be busy playing cowboys and indians to notice this game lol… might make a nice discounted purchase later tho…

WB published Dying Light which is a great game

Yeah. I haven’t played through a FPS since Perfect Dark on the N64 (awesome game, tho. That and Golden Eye). I tried getting into BioShock but I couldn’t get past the early bullet sponge combat and cartoonish hands. Maybe I just need to get used to these games again.

Apparently it is. I just hate how their 3rd person games all feel and play like the Arkham series.

I am not a fan of both batman and beat’em up games so I can’t judge

It looks like a Mad Max Skittles cross promotion.

I LIKE IT! :smiley:

Eh… Not the best trailer… Looks more like Borderlands 3 than Rage 2. Rage had a certain vibe to it and they’re going for too much of a Sunset Overdrive thing here…

Also I’m half convinced the Wingstick at 1:18 is glitched.

Optimistically I hope we finally get to go to Gunpowder in this one.