Ranking all maps! (2016/2018/DLC)

I’m pretty obsessed with rankings and I thought I would be interesting to see if/how people’s opinions have changed since the launch of these games. Feel free to add as knew content is released.

I remember there was a google spreadsheet where people scored each level. Maybe someone has link to it still.

From Worst to Best in my opinion:

Colorado
Hawke’s Bay
Isle of Sgail
Bangkok
Santa Fortuna
Marrakesh
Whittleton Creek
Sapienza
Mumbai
Paris
Miami
Hokkaido

2 Likes

Lowest ranked to highest rank for me;

Legacy;

Bangkok
Colorado
Marrakesh
Hokkaido
Paris
Sapienza

Hitman 2;

Isle of Sgail
Santa Fortuna
Hawke’s Bay
Mumbai
Miami
Whittleton Creek

I couldn’t combine them into one list as I didn’t think it would of been fair.

2 Likes

From worst to best

Legacy
Bangkok
Colorado
Marrakesh
Hokkaido
Paris
Sapienza

H2
Hawke’s Bay
Whittleton Creek
Santa Fortuna
Isle Of Sgail
Mumbai
Miami

4 Likes

I can only really rank those I’ve played so far (I’m fairly far behind on H2), so here’s my list so far (worst to best for continuity):

Marrakesh
Hawke’s Bay
Colorado
Santa Fortuna (at time of typing this, I’ve only played the level once, so this may change with familiarity)
Hokkaido
Miami
Bangkok
Paris
Sapienza

I feel like a tier list would be better for this.

4 Likes

1 Like

From favourite to least favourite, mostly in terms of what levels I like to play and feel like replaying. I’m also taking into consideration contracts and challenges when I’m talking about replaying the level, not just the main story itself. I haven’t played Hantu Port, so it isn’t ranked.

Hitman 2016:

• Hokkaido
  • Paris
  • Sapienza

From here its a lot more of a challenge to decide, as my opinions on the levels change quite often, so I’m taking into account how much of a chore I find it is to replay and how often I’ve actually found myself playing it.

• Marrakesh
  • Marrakesh (A House Built On Sand)
  • Sapienza (Landslide)
  • Colorado
  • Bangkok
  • Bangkok (The Source)
  • Sapienza (The Icon)
  • Hokkaido (Patient Zero)
  • Colorado (The Vector)
  • Sapienza (The Author)

Hitman 2:

• Mumbai
  • Miami
  • Himmelstein (The Last Yardbird)
  • Whittleton Creek / Hawkes Bay
  • Santa Fortuna
  • Isle of Sgail

Its funny, I used to quite like Santa Fortuna, probably enough to have it be third on my list, but I guess Ghost Mode just completely killed all of my joy for it. Conversely, Miami I thought was okay but kind of overrated, but Ghost Mode really made me appreciate it a lot more.

1 Like

Paris still untouchable at number 1, contenders for number 2 are Sapi, Hokkaido, Miami.

1 Like

1 Like

My thing didn’t work too well so bump up the Cs to Bs and the Ds to Cs

This is a toughie, because I base the quality of the map on two different things, so I think I’m gonna make two lists, one for each qualification.

Design and aesthetic beauty, worst to best:

Colorado
Bangkok
Marrakesh
Hawke’s Bay
Whittleton Creek,
Isle of Sgail
Hokkaido
Paris
Mumbai
Santa Fortuna
Sapienza
Miami

How fun they are, worst to best:

Isle of Sgail
Hawkes Bay
Whittleton Creek
Colorado
Hokkaido
Marrakesh
Bangkok
Santa Fortuna
Mumbai
Paris
Miami
Sapienza.

If I rated these as maps rather than missions the list would be a bit different.

1 Like

Worst to Best:

Colorado
Marrakech
Bangkok
Hawkes Bay
Colombia
Mumbai
Hokkaido
Whittleton Creek
Sapienza
Paris
Isle Of Sgáil
Miami

I think my rankings have changed a lot since I played 2016. Im just gonna keep sniper missions, tutorials, and bonus separate for rn. Worst to Best:
Tutorial:
Freeform Training: Fun to do the challenges and I like the ascetic but once you’re done, you’re done
Final Test: There’s a lot of stuff you can do here, but the one load out holds it back a lot for me.
Hawke’s Bay: A lot of stuff do do, it seems like ioi is sorta using this as a template which I like. The politician and shinobi works really well. Easily the best part is some of the kills–looking at you AC poison. However, it’s a tutorial so I can only love it so much.
Sniper:
Himmelstein: I don’t know if it’s that I didn’t like the targets that much or if it felt a little too easy or maybe that we all had this during the summer but I’ve never been a fan.
Hantu Port: Himmelstein cranked to 11. I actually wanted to complete the challenges, very cool target designs, I loved the setting, and the time limit that they tried to put in Himmelstein actually works because of the hostages. And that briefing. Wow.
Bonus:
The Vector: Not much to say here besides I can’t decide if Colorado looks better or worse during the day. Just play the sniper missions.
The Icon: Dino Bosco is pretty cool and I like the concept but damn if I hate this level. Listening to the same screechy dialogue, one or two SA/SO methods, kinda and eyesore to look at, very small and restrictive, it’s just the worst.
The Author: This one is ok. I like the time limit here because it doesn’t hold you back really it encourages you to try new things. That being said, some of the kills are a little glitched and I couldn’t get into the targets.
Patient Zero: If this isn’t the most hardcore mission I don’t know what is. It’s such a challenge–you have to race against the clock to ensure that the virus doesn’t spread as well as getting your targets in time. Hokkaido in the day is excellent, but, like the other patient zero missions, you run out of stuff to do pretty fast and it’s super easy to work around the infections with one or two KO’s.
The Source: What makes this level great is the simplicity. You have two targets, in crowded areas, one or two challenges for them and a great setting. I’m so glad that there’s contracts for this level. Also, what makes the source different is it really isn’t restrictive at all. A lot of fun to play, but yes that one damn sister yulduz assassination. You know which one.
Landslide: Landslide might not seem all that great because it only has one target, but it is a lot more than that. Abiatti has so much wicked personality that he’s one of those targets where you’re like ummm yup he needs to die. His kills are awesome, the mission stories are great, the setting is beautiful, and the changes made are awesome.
A House Built on Sand: I think a Gilded Cage is well ok. Like Sapienza and Santa Fortuna, there is a lot unused. I loved the crowded streets and I just wanted more of it. And this mission delivers. To be fair, the targets don’t have much going for them and once you know where an invite is, there’s no reason to try any other method to get one. But the kills, the opportunities, and the setting are fantastic. There’s something pretty awesome about slipping into the club and poisoning a target’s pipe, only to immediately shoot a sign to kill your other target, SA/SO. It’s great.

Jesus way too much I’ll do the regular missions later So everything except for Hawke’s