Recording booth in Bangkok (Club 27) is not soundproof

For some reason the recording booth in the Club 27 mission isn’t soundproof. Pretty sure it is in Hitman 2016 because I’ve seen people talk about it on reddit, where they could fire a loud gun in there and no one on the outside of the recording booth could hear. However, in Hitman 3 everyone gets alerted and it can come up with ‘bullet impact noticed’. Very annoying. Even if you use a silenced pistol someone will investigate. Hope this can be fixed.

1 Like

Either that or make it so everyone in the studio panics when even a silenced shot is fired due to the microphone.

1 Like

Well I’m pretty sure the recording booth is supposed to be soundproof, so I’m not sure why it’s not. Maybe a glitch/bug

It might be sound proof for sound within but firing a bullet would be like hitting a baseball bat on the window, do you really think no one will notice?

But that’s how it worked in Hitman 2016 :neutral_face:

That wasn’t likely how it was meant to be, hence why it’s been corrected now.

1 Like

:frowning: Pretty sure there’s a conversation about it being soundproof, and there’s a challenge for shooting him in the recording booth, would be way better if it was actually soundproof so the challenge would make sense. Even if you use a silenced pistol someone still investigates

Edit: Basically I think it’s way more boring if it’s not soundproof

While he is in it yeah, dont have to be in it yourself. Also note that the picture with this challenge is taken from up front of the studio, aimed towards the booth.

1 Like

I don’t know, I would like it to be soundproof like it used to be

Out of curiosity I tried this out on both Hitman 2016 and Hitman 3, and it is true that you can shoot loud pistol in sound booth for the 2016 version and not get heard.

However, you should never assume everything that works in the 2016 version of the game will still work on the Hitman 3 version, some 5 or 6 years later.

The sound booth is the least of things changed over the years; we got fire extinguisher nerf, changes to how bullet impacts are noticed, a variety of changes to the rating system, etc.

I also don’t think you can infer developer intent on if such behavior is intentional simply based on a picture of the challenge.

2 Likes

Plus, retaining SA isn’t required to unlock that challenge so it doesn’t matter if the booth is soundproof or not. Use a loud ass Striker and you’ll still pop it. :joy:

1 Like

Yes, but it’s a cool assassination if you shoot him in the recording booth and no one hears.

2 Likes

It would be nice if they could make it soundproof though. Then again, maybe they changed it because they thought it was too op, but still, I would like it soundproof

1 Like

Too OP? In a game with dart guns and fart cases? Just as much as .22 pistol, except you can shoot silently only in one tiny room without a chest to hide a body, not everywhere. The booth is clearly supposed to be soundproof, it’s an obvious level design feature that was even mentioned in NPC conversations. If it isn’t - that’s an issue that should be reported and patched out.

You know, it does seem like an odd change, and an unnecessary one at that in my opinion, considering that one tiny area being soundproof would actually fit with the immediate lore … but who knows with these wild and crazy devs man!

I’m sure if you shoot a gun in that little booth, it will be heard irl. So maybe ioi thought it was dumb and wrong to have it that way.

1 Like

I agree, and hope they change it back. Maybe I should send a glitch/bug report about it? Another thing is that in Colorado I’m pretty sure you used to be able to shoot guns at the target range (next to the barn I believe) without it alerting anyone, as others are also shooting. However, when I tried this in Hitman 3 they started shooting at me immediately.

1 Like

I play H2016 a lot, in the current state of the game goons are getting triggered by shooting at the range IIRC, even though I assumed they won’t. To be sure, gonna try it again next time I’ll be playing.