Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

I heard the platinum is locked behind micro transactions
:roll_eyes:

Knowing R* they’ll figure a way to actually do that lmao.

Looks like we will play Arthur Morgan:

Rockstar has released a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. It reveals the first official details about the game’s story, which will be a prequel, and star a new character, Arthur Morgan - not John Marston.

Rockstar describes the game as “the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.”

The Van der Linde gang is also known as Dutch’s Gang, which the last game’s protagonist, John Marston would eventually join (and leave).

Ahh I actually didn’t see the description. Thanks for pointing that out.

CAN’T WAIT

This game needs to happen asap. RDR is one of my fav of all time.

Wonder if the main character will be somewhat likable.

If I recall correctly they said there would have been an online mode which makes me iffy. GTA Vs story wasn’t that great and the game although having a big map and being fun ended up having little places to go to and things to do after the story,and the hopes of a DLC were killed. To focus on GTA:O. It started ok but now its literally a repetitive and mind numbling grind,all of this after they fired Leslie Benzies. Without Leslie I’m afraid of how the game is gonna be and I’m starting to think that the quality will not be that high this time around.

Not to mention Benzies himself said that RDR wouldn’t have been possible without him.
There’s not anything to really prove this other than a leaked note that apparently shows the Houser brothers panicking, but if this is true then RDR2 doesn’t have alot going for it.

he sounds like he might be a bit more on the lovable trevor side of protagonists… meaning, we’ll probably like him, but he’s gonna do some really bad stuff… he is an outlaw after all…

Fixed.

we don’t have to agree lol… that’s the beauty of discussion…

The game looks pretty, but also very underwhelming. The trailer pretty much failed to get any excitement out of me. It’s really missing that magic that all Rockstar trailers used to have, or maybe i’m just getting old and cynical, after the letdown that GTA V story was.

It was kinda shit wasn’t it?I mean it was fun and all but the writing of it after GTA IV’s plot,which was a lot better and more mature,makes it look like those 3 remorseless killers DESERVE a good ending. After killing innocent cops and robbing banks. Not just considering how Franklin was also as charismatic as a plastic bag,the story left me feeling kinda disappointed. It was a great game,fun and set in a huge map,and the missions(most of 'em) were good ganeplay wise. But in other regards…heh…could’ve been better.

Even if I get the money for this, I won’t buy it off the bat. Take Two has made it clear that they want microtransactions as a mandatory requirement on all their future games, which most certainly includes this one. So I’ll wait reviews.

Much as I love GTA V, the story was kind of its biggest weakness. It felt like it didn’didn’t what to do ot where to go and that’s partly because of the multiple character system.
I wish they would added more missions maybe for story purposes to really flesh things out. 70 missions never really felt like enough for something as amibitious as V.

Exactly! The whole “Michael And Trevor” problem got solved waaaayyy too quickly and painlessly. Tanisha just disappears when she could have been a KEY character in Franklin’s story arc and Franklin does not evolve AT ALL or mature as a character,Madrazo is handled like he is a pathetic ghetto wannabe instead of a powerful cartel druglord that could kill you with a text to right guy,Lamar is one of the best characters and barely gets any screen time at all,so does Michaels Family that are JUST ANNOYING! Its obvious they didn’t know what to do with them. In some times they are slowly maturing and realizing their mistakes. Then minutes after they become “satire” on the average stereotyped spoiled brat/wife.
The FIB just lets 'em go,as if Davey isn’t a risk,just cause only bad guys would have killed him and despite the amoral shit we do,can’t have a sour taste in the end! The Devin situation is also handled fast and easy. It also escalates because of his “betrayal”. He sees a DANGEROUS CREW OF PROFESSIONAL MURDERERS. And tries to fuck with them. And is easily dealt with As if he ISN’T FRIENDS WITH THE OWNER OF MERRYWEATHER,WHO APPARENTLY JUST SENDS 10 MERCS TO GUARD HIS BUSINESS FRIEND! Plus they ruined Johnny Klebitz. And killed him. I get it. Trevor is crazy. Ok. I like Trevor. But at least MAKE THE CHARACTERS FUCKING CONSISTENT. HAVE JOHNNY DIE LIKE A BADASS
. Plus,sidenote,all the other activities?Boring. Golf?Yoga?What the hell man!

GTA V was still ahead of its time in 2013,it still holds up as a great game and improved in some aspects from GTA IV. But goddamn. The story was lacking man. On so many aspects.

Same here, will wait for reviews, GTA V could be bigger than it was and instead of story DLC’s they went multiplayer and i think they are swimming in money from the multiplayer, so i’m worried that RDR 2 can be the new GTA V, when it comes to singleplayer content and multiplayer content.

Preach. I am so afraid of how many microtransactions there could be I am not that hyped honestly…

just about every major company does microtransactions online now because people buy em… it’s just how the landscape of gaming is nowadays unfortunately… i like a good single player open world game, so i am definitely buying RDR2 for the single player experience alone… when it comes to online, we’ll see if it holds up, or how they plan on rewarding players, and the prices of items…

i agree GTAV should of been longer with single player, so perhaps now that we’re back to focusing on 1 character, it could give us the feel of a bigger story…

also, it’s not really selling us on much yet because rockstar has been very low key on what this game is about… 2 cryptic 1 minute trailers are all we have to base the game on… the map certainly looks gorgeous tho…

It’s just that with GTA V’s campaign being “meh” I am very afraid. I’ll just pin it on the 3 characters gig though. I hope it’s good. Will wait for some of you guys to try it though. I know I won’t get hit by biased reviews by you.Maybe I could also look up some reviews online,or the metacritic. Heh,whatever. Let’s just hope it’s a great game! I wanted a good western game for a looong time after RDR.

If you’re not specifically looking for an open world type game, then Desperados is worth checking out. I think those isometric graphics still hold up very well today and the gameplay is very fun.

I’ve also heard extremely good things about ‘Hard West’ which is a more surreal, turn based, tactical game.

And been meaning to check out Westerado, which actually is an open world game, just 2D pixel art.