Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

True and when the games is out, it is usally far from polished, so i wonder what this game would be without 8 months extra polish :joy:, maybe they will earn more money on Shark Cards first, milking GTA V Online for everything it’s not worth.

I’m not hyped by RDR 2 and that is just because of the online part, i’m pretty sure one of the gaming experiences will suffer from having both single player and online and i fear that single player will draw the short straw, i hope i’m wrong, but i will not pre-order RDR 2.

Pre-Order is stupid imho,why pouring money into something that could very possibly fuck you over?(Like Destiny 2 or Battlefront 2,for instance) so I support you for saying that you are not gonna.

Now I’m gonna watch some western movies to get into the mood…

Oh no wait the release date for PC will be somewhere near Christmas 2020! Almost forgot :grinning:

i trust in rockstar’s ability to deliver a $60 experience, and they haven’t really let me down at all in that department… except for never expanding on GTAV single player with more DLC :disappointed:… this is a for sure purchase for me, i love open world games, and i love westerns…

and now i have all summer to finish up games i’ve been sitting on before RDR2 takes over my gaming schedule…

There’s a big leak making news today which seems to be legit, as it includes screenshots of both Arthur and Dutch. If true then RDR2 multiplayer will feature a battle royale gamemode to compete with that PUBG hype. More details about multiplayer and singleplayer are in the article:

Red Dead Redemption and PUBG combined? I’m sold.

The question is though, if like GTA Online, RDR Online will have microtransactions, and basically be pay to win.

The main thing I want from RDR2 is going to be single player dlc. There was so much opportunity for some fantastic dlc with GTA. I would have loved to have seen some sort of story surrounding Mount Chilliad and the alien connection there. Or a story to do with the Altruist Cult although Trevor does kill them. Even some kind of story surrounding hippies, I mean you could eat a mushroom and turn into a cow. Why would someone not want to run around San Andreas as a cow? It was awesome.

I felt so let down that they focused solely on the online world and I hope that RDR2 is different.

GTAO isn’t exactly pay to win, outside of freemode the good players are sorted by their skill. That said, RDR2O will probably be the same on the microtransactions front. My biggest concern is price inflation, shark cards didn’t really start impacting GTAO that much until after heists when every new thing was $1.5M+. If Rockstar wants to sell their new version of shark cards, fine, but don’t expect players to grind to the level that they are now in GTA. I would hope that they keep a good balance, but I honestly don’t know whether to expect it or not.

So is it safe to assume that this isn’t coming out on PC until after the console releases just like GTA V? Might just buy it on PS4 if that’s the case.

Seems like it’s going to be that way.

Yes but from what I understand, GTAO isn’t super big on PvP, but rather a mix of both that and co-op. To me, something like a battle royale mode could become pay to win due to it being PvP mode.

Trailer #3 is coming this Wednesday.

We’re getting trailers for trailers now, hueh

R* sure does love their announcements of announcements :rofl:… i’m just happy that it seems we’re finally past all the delays and it’s actually releasing in late october… i love westerns and the first RDR, been itching to play this one :sunglasses:

i’d imagine it’s gonna be another character/cinematic trailer, so those of us looking for gameplay footage will probably have to wait for the next one…

I wait for the PC version

As optimistic as I would like to be I have this odd feeling we’re going to see one more delay.
Maybe it’s just me but we haven’t seen much info on the game other than pictures and trailers. Although I could just as well be wrong.
I wonder just how different things are gonna be without Leslie Benzies and if they’re gonna fuck up the online mode just like they did to V’s online mode.

well we’re right on the cusp of their 6 month promotional period, and that’s usually when they kick it into high gear… i’ve called each delay months ahead of time, but i was waiting to see what they did at this time, and it appears that they’re finally ready to promote the hell out of it this summer…

leslie was beginning to be a problem around the office… he kind of forced his way out with his attitude… yea it sucks we never got a single player for GTAV, but why stop adding to something that turned GTAV into one of the biggest selling games of all time? i don’t blame them for focusing on online, but i just can’t see 'em finding enough content for the wild west like they did in los santos… you can only buy the same looking cowboy hat a few times lol :smile:

i expect RDR2 will have some single player DLC to prolong its shelf life…

Not likely, both Rockstar and their CEO have reiterated that the game will release in October, most recently in Rockstar’s tweet about the upcoming trailer. So I wouldn’t expect any further delays. Then again… they are Rockstar.

When I pointed out how gta v was ruined I wasn’t referring to how theu only focused on the online mode. Yes I agree, the fact that there is no single player content was troubling, but I was pretty happy that they added free updates to gta online. My problem is what they had started to add. I didn’t like how everything was getting overly expensive and how gta turned into an over the top military shooter in some of the more recent updates. I quit playing the game almost entirely and only really play when a friend asks me to. Gta online lost it’s way from what it used to be and to me, that’s a real shame.

I’ve heard some things about benzies being a nuisance but I’ve also heard things from Benzies side (like how they needed him, in order to release RDR in time) that are hurtful to rockstars reputation as well. Although i guess those are just accusations so I won’t really point fingers at either side.

It’s good that october is the settled date then and in that case I’m a little more optimistic for any coming news about RDR2. They have quite a bit to live up to with the sequel. So I’m interested in how they’ll top it. :slight_smile: