Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

Oh man the part about the travelling being a chore speaks volumes to me. The GTAO missions that they SHAMEFULLY decided to add (y’know the bring x to y and then y to z then sell missions that are a boring grindfest,the ones that they thought were a better idea instead of more heists)are what killed the online part of the game for my and my friends. We completed the Mastermind challenge,bought the latest additions and left. You can notice it so much in the online,because of the absence of cabs to fast travel.
Plus I also agree that the story still isn’t excused for being a parody.
Which,by the way,isn’t even a clever one. Oh my,lemme see,we got:
-Crooked Cops
-Crooked Government
-Mobsters
-Mercs
-Hollywood Junkies And Clout Chasers
-A bunch of spoiled Cunts
-Heisters
-Hillbillies
I mean…I don’t think there’s much more to say honestly. Let’s hope this RDR 2 isn’t a disappointment and that,even though Leslie isn’t at Rockstar anymore,they’ll be customer friendly.

Okay i’m going to get this. Red Dead redemption was really awesome experience for Me because i love Old Western movies Dollars trilogy being My favorite. I completed all the Side missions but i did not collect all the shit because I’m not motivated

I do actually remember completing it 100%. Unfortunately someone deleted all my save data. I look forward to this Though. I’m cautious about the online portion though and I’m hoping the story is a bit more prepared than GTA V.

I will always love GTA V’s story purely for the ending, when it suddenly dawns on them that, hey, why don’t we just solve our problems by killing people, like we’ve done for every other problem we’ve had.

I think I actually hate the ending for that reason. Fealt more like "Oh Shit, we forgot to do something with these antagonists (one of which only appears 2 or 3 times in the game mind you), let’s kill them all in one mission amd call that a finale. It kinda just comes out of no where. The only good part was Weston’s death.

If you havn’t, you should check out the Zero Punctuation review of GTA V where he brings up that point. I must admit, the plots for GTA IV, RDR and GTA V never did much for me. There are good moments and good missions but it never really comes together. RDR’s plot seemed to be forever consisiting of the main character asking someone to help them kill a guy, only to have to do half a dozen side quests as favours before they finally get around to helping kill the guy.

I like the games, I think Rockstar gets the fact that one of the keys to making a great sandbox is that details goes a long way, but the stories of them don’t do much for me. I imagine I will pick up RDR2 when it goes on sale in the future.

RDR had a structure similiar to what you said in some occasions here and there but to me what made it good was the overarching theme of Bandito trying to get clean and my continous hope for him to live an happy everafter since the odds keep being stacked against him.It all leads to definitely one of the most iconic endings of all times,to me.
GTA IV I can understand what you mean,I liked the story but I too felt like at times it was indecisive. The whole game had a gritty dark vibe,which I love,but that it sometimes mixed up suddenly with some commedy moments,since GTA was trying to be both a parody on America and a serious game. Overall,it should have stuck to being a serious game of a dark parody that relates to how people fall into a life of crime,mocking the justice system,how there really aren’t many opportunities for everyone and such and such.
GTA V was the bottom of the Iceberg for me. It was basically the opposite of what GTA IV’s plot tried to do. A Parody with hints of seriousness,which,as you can guess,aside from the fun of the missions,cannot work. Not in the slightest. Plus,too many missions that relied on action movie like shit. Fun for the missions,but the second time around it looks bad.

RDR2 DELAYED (who didn’t see that one coming :joy:)

RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED: OCTOBER 26 2018

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

With thanks,
Rockstar Games

Not trying to bitch here, but if they told us specifically what caused the delay, I’d be more inclined to agree.

well they did

It’s a classic thing developers say

I’d take a polished game any day over a shitty one. GTA V lacked that extra level of polish in some areas (we basically had no indoors areas,no restaurants or cafés,no vigilante missions…and such) so I hope they’ll try and give us THE Far West experience by taking their time.

True and when the games is out, it is usally far from polished, so i wonder what this game would be without 8 months extra polish :joy:, maybe they will earn more money on Shark Cards first, milking GTA V Online for everything it’s not worth.

I’m not hyped by RDR 2 and that is just because of the online part, i’m pretty sure one of the gaming experiences will suffer from having both single player and online and i fear that single player will draw the short straw, i hope i’m wrong, but i will not pre-order RDR 2.

Pre-Order is stupid imho,why pouring money into something that could very possibly fuck you over?(Like Destiny 2 or Battlefront 2,for instance) so I support you for saying that you are not gonna.

Now I’m gonna watch some western movies to get into the mood…

Oh no wait the release date for PC will be somewhere near Christmas 2020! Almost forgot :grinning:

i trust in rockstar’s ability to deliver a $60 experience, and they haven’t really let me down at all in that department… except for never expanding on GTAV single player with more DLC :disappointed:… this is a for sure purchase for me, i love open world games, and i love westerns…

and now i have all summer to finish up games i’ve been sitting on before RDR2 takes over my gaming schedule…

There’s a big leak making news today which seems to be legit, as it includes screenshots of both Arthur and Dutch. If true then RDR2 multiplayer will feature a battle royale gamemode to compete with that PUBG hype. More details about multiplayer and singleplayer are in the article:

Red Dead Redemption and PUBG combined? I’m sold.

The question is though, if like GTA Online, RDR Online will have microtransactions, and basically be pay to win.

The main thing I want from RDR2 is going to be single player dlc. There was so much opportunity for some fantastic dlc with GTA. I would have loved to have seen some sort of story surrounding Mount Chilliad and the alien connection there. Or a story to do with the Altruist Cult although Trevor does kill them. Even some kind of story surrounding hippies, I mean you could eat a mushroom and turn into a cow. Why would someone not want to run around San Andreas as a cow? It was awesome.

I felt so let down that they focused solely on the online world and I hope that RDR2 is different.

GTAO isn’t exactly pay to win, outside of freemode the good players are sorted by their skill. That said, RDR2O will probably be the same on the microtransactions front. My biggest concern is price inflation, shark cards didn’t really start impacting GTAO that much until after heists when every new thing was $1.5M+. If Rockstar wants to sell their new version of shark cards, fine, but don’t expect players to grind to the level that they are now in GTA. I would hope that they keep a good balance, but I honestly don’t know whether to expect it or not.