Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

i think it’s going to be about the same size, but since you’re traveling on horseback, it’s gonna feel a whole lot bigger :wink:

IGN’s article is up, a most excellent read :sunglasses:

If the leaks are to be believed, it’s gonna be pretty huge. They got the black water part of the map correct sooo… but even then, the trailer alone makes the world seem big.

Considering that GTA5 was made on old gen and in 2013, I gotta believe the map would be bigger. So we’ll see.

PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC ???

First Impressions of Red Dead Redemption 2 in Action - IGN

Typically Rockstar releases their PC ports a bit after the console launch.
I don’t see any reason why they won’t do it for RDR 2, but then again it’s still unknown why they havenn’t released The first game on pc.

to those complaining about R* making CGI trailers :upside_down_face:

TBH I don’t understand why Rockstar doesn’t just release a PC version at the same time as the console release. I mean, it surely can’t cost that much money to do, you would assume the sales for the PC version would easily pay for whatever much it would cost for a studio to port the game for the PC.

Some pics I found interesting

Screenshot_2018-05-04-11-55-32

I’m half expecting the story to end with Morgan dying and after we play as John Marston again.

It is always because money. I can imagine R* has no devs for PC at all and just hire some to port a game when they dont have any swimming pools left to store the money in.

it kind of has to do with online as well… as soon as PC gets their hands on it, they start creating ported mods over to consoles, which is a big no no with R*…

plus there’s far more money in consoles, so that is their main focus at the moment… RDR didn’t get a PC port, but i am sure RDR2 will because of the rockstar editor and refocused commitment on their thriving machinima community… we’ll see tho :yum:

You can also chalk this up to making sure the port is up to par. Quite a few PC ports are released when they clearly need more time.
If there’s one thing II’ve learned from Rockstar all these years it’s that they’ll never rush a product.
I’m sure they have their reasons for holding out on a pc port. I would however, be suprised if they never released one like the first game.

Because console is the master race :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I mean, possibly. It still strikes me as odd. Nowadays it seems pretty standard for 3rd party companies to release games for the PC, Xbox One and PS4. It’s not like we’re in the PS2 era. I just think it’s a bit odd, the only other companies I notice this with is Japanese companies, not a Western company.

An interesting watch!

TL:DR - ign on rockstar - “so r* basically took everything that Ubisoft did with watch dogs and Ac unity and put it in their game and making it sound like it’s new as they are changing the way they are “making” open world games. Lol.

Literally fucking idiots who come up with these vids as if they’ve never played other games before. Lmao.

Thanks for the tl;dr, I can’t be helped but I like texts more than viral trendy videos.

Promotional shit is always vomit-inducing, though nothing will ever change the fact that Rockstar always has been and always will be the king of open-world gaming. The term GTA-clone didn’t come from nowhere.