Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

But I’m not talking about graphics. I mean actual gameplay. Look at mafia 3. Looked amazing, turned out to be a turd.

This is Rockstar we’re talking about, we have every reason to believe they’re being upfront with their product.

Lol. Dude, Im talking gameplay, like moving the character around. Game mechanics. Doing missions… things that were not in this trailer (except for a snippet).

Oh yeah okay, still this trailer kept me optimistic.

lol, dummee has no interest in this game anyways…

this was the last cinematic trailer for a while, pretty sure we’ll be getting into the meat and potatoes of gameplay and mechanics very soon… perhaps even by tomorrow with all the gaming articles coming out about it…

should be a good read :sunglasses:

Rockstar have a standard marketing procedure. There will be gameplay, just not yet.

That’s a strange way of putting it. Technically the whole game is made up of computer-generated images. Not just the cutscenes.

As long as the campaign is good and the world actually has activities for me to do (unlike GTA V’s “Do Yoga and Play Tennis” whole thing).
Let’s just not get too ahead of ourselves. A trailer is a trailer. I’ll wait for E3 gameplay to get a better understanding of it

Ya, just like every game company., and that’s why for this trailer, I’m sleeping. Nothing special for me here. Just a hype vid, which I don’t get hyped for. I can already expect a AAA game to have amazing graphics.

Well ya, but “CGI” refers to parts of the game where they are not controlled by the player. So for me, these type of vids are completely useless. All they really showcase are graphics, and as I already said and I’ll reiterate, I can already expect a AAA game to have amazing graphics so there’s nothing really exciting about this for me.

I just want to see actual gameplay. That’s the only important part to me.

Got to admit it, I hope for the same. I think it’s because I’m spoiled with the multiple characters from gta v. If they can improve their writing to better fit all three characters that’s fine, but I honestly don’t mind either way. Arthir should make for an interesting protagonist if they just focus on him.

yea i would hope that he’s the main focus, and perhaps the other 2 are just minor distractions to help flesh out the world more… we’ll see what the articles have to say here very soon :sunglasses:

and there’s the whole john marston part of the story, as we know what happened with this gang at the start of the last game…

Has there been any talk about how big the map will be?
Bigger than GTA V?

i think it’s going to be about the same size, but since you’re traveling on horseback, it’s gonna feel a whole lot bigger :wink:

IGN’s article is up, a most excellent read :sunglasses:

If the leaks are to be believed, it’s gonna be pretty huge. They got the black water part of the map correct sooo… but even then, the trailer alone makes the world seem big.

Considering that GTA5 was made on old gen and in 2013, I gotta believe the map would be bigger. So we’ll see.

PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC ???

First Impressions of Red Dead Redemption 2 in Action - IGN

Typically Rockstar releases their PC ports a bit after the console launch.
I don’t see any reason why they won’t do it for RDR 2, but then again it’s still unknown why they havenn’t released The first game on pc.

to those complaining about R* making CGI trailers :upside_down_face:

TBH I don’t understand why Rockstar doesn’t just release a PC version at the same time as the console release. I mean, it surely can’t cost that much money to do, you would assume the sales for the PC version would easily pay for whatever much it would cost for a studio to port the game for the PC.

Some pics I found interesting

Screenshot_2018-05-04-11-55-32