Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

Well, the story for New Vegas was probably the best of the Fallout games, which is why I keep going back to it.

New Vegas is the only Fallout or Elder Scrolls title post-2008 that I think has a worthwhile storyline and quest design to it, and even then that’s Obsidian.

So you guys are arguing “preference” when it comes to King of open world? Lol.

If you got bored with the missions, then try this for a refreshing change. Turn off all HUD, use only the map for navigation, and have a go at some of the mysteries/puzzles the game has to offer (like the Chiliad Mystery). This way, I have found the game to be very interesting, and you also get to appreciate how much content has actually been carefully thought out and put in!

It’s not just the missions, it’s everything. Physics took a major step back from IV, the map space is not used well, there are really fun features like vigilante missions that were pointlessly removed, and that’s not even going into the story and characters being the blandest in Rockstar history. I bought the game on launch, completed it over the weekend and spent years playing GTAO, but at this point in time, especially after revisiting past rockstar titles like GTAIV and Max Payne 3, I just find V to be very dissapointing in every way.

i’m currently playing red dead redemption, got the itch to play it, thought i’d mess around a bit before work… i gotta say, it’s very nostalgic, i kind of miss it lol…

The game just holds up so amazingly well, it honestly feels better than most “polished” games that release these days to me. Just the simple actions of riding across plains or sending someone staggering from pistol-fire feel timeless and masterful.

So here’s a bit of a question to you guys. Do you feel like Rockstar’s method of Marketing has changed? I was watching this video that suggested the same and I can’t help but agree. Something feels a bit different.
NOT saying that it’s a bad thing, just some thoughts I had.

I don’t feel much of a change to be honest. Maybe it’s a bit more hollywood-esque and serious with it’s tone,whereas before it was a bit more satirical,but even then,not that much,and it is RDR so it needs that kind of atmosphere. If we are talking business practices then we’ll just have to see how user friendly the game is

Also replaying the story is an absolute blast. Not to mention the ending. Absolutely gutting!
Bounty Hunting was also a fun side activity,but then again,there were so many fun things you could do! Even just messing around with the physics was entertaining.

it’s strange to say this, but RDR2 will be the first R* game made on this generation of consoles… we forget with all the updates to GTAO, that they haven’t made a game yet on this gen tech…

this article touches on that, and it’s a good read for fans of their worlds… they’ve really put a lot of effort into this game, no wonder it’s been 5 years since their last game lol… and the last paragraph really puts it all into perspective… not only have they been working on this game for 8 years, but for the first time, they’ve asked all of their studios to help make a game… it won’t say rockstar games san diego, it’s going to be presented as a rockstar games production…

Actually, Max Payne 3 was also presented as a Rockstar Studios production.

i did not know that, lol… i get the feeling this game will be much more ambitious than MP3 tho :laughing:… although, i did enjoy MP3, he’s such an interesting troubled character… and its presentation was top notch…

Its not that, R* has a parent company, 2k. The fuckers responsible for horrids such as introducing mirco-trans in Gta 5, cancelling modding support for the game, releasing garbage games like 2k wrestling, NBA all littered with lootboxes, MTs and downgrades and the biggest fuck up is Mafia 3, releasing a broken ass game with shit gameplay and tons of glitches.

Releasing games on PC means with a few months pirated versions will be released, so they want to sell as much copies as possible and then MAYBE introduce the PC port which i highly doubt, since these fuckers wont be able to monitize RDR3 as much as gta 5.

There is still RDR online to worry about. I personally don’t see much use for microtransactions in a western setting but that doesn’t mean they won’t find a way to charge up the ass for stuff.

they will always find a way to implement this sheeit.

i think the best chance to make money for RDR2 is more single player adventures… i just don’t see the wild west having the unlimited possibilities a city like los santos can offer with hundreds of cars and apartments and bunkers and stuff…

but if T2 has their way, RDR online will be looking like this in a year or two :joy:

OH PLEASE NO!

Gta was already militarized slog fest!