[RELEASE] Bonus Mission: Chongqing Noodle Massacre

Chongqing Noodle Massacre

By Kevin Rudd and Piepieonline (and contributors)

Welcome to the first fan-made true bonus mission of the Hitman franchise, and what’s ended up being the first bonus mission on an H3 map. I’d say in scope it sits somewhere on roughly the same scale as a Patient Zero mission (Just doesn’t have any challenges :frowning: ). This takes one of the smallest missions from C47/Contracts ( The Seafood Massacre/The Massacre at Cheung Chau Fish Restauran t) and re-imagines it in Chongqing. Despite being one of those games’ smallest missions, it still took ~7 months to make and I want to kill myself. But before I do, here’s the mod!

Download:

Objectives
  • Eliminate the required targets (Changes based on which version you pick)
  • Hide the Red Dragon Negotiator’s body
  • The Red Dragon Amulet must be left on the meeting table to implicate the Red Dragons
Installation

Requires the Simple Mod Framework. Import this mod’s ZIP file using the Mod Manager and then deploy. Run the game in offline mode (or Peacock if you have the plugin). Go to the Chongqing Destination screen.

Massacre at the Chongqing Noodle Restaurant

This is the Codename 47/Daytime version of the mission. Like in C47, Blue Lotus is not a target and your briefing is just text from Diana. A lot of effort (much more than I expected) was put in to make this daytime version of Chongqing better quality than the ToD Mod; in coming weeks I will replace ToD Mod with this version of Chongqing

Differences between Time Of Day Changes and this mod:

• All puddles were built into the ground models and were manually removed
  • Managed to remove all rain sounds
  • Wetness was built into every ground piece’s texture, so had to replace the textures of every piece of ground (resulting in a different look)
  • All Lights/Signs were turned off instead of deleted entirely
  • Different sun position that actually lights up the main square and restaurant alley
  • Removed some ‘fake lights’ IO put in some places like The Block
  • You no longer start with an umbrella at default spawn

The Noodle Massacre

This is the Hitman: Contracts/Night time version of the mission. It comes with its own briefing video. It has all the same objectives as original (Must kill all three targets). The blue/red/purple lighting has been replaced with yellow/orange/green to better reflect Contracts lighting. Some police wear ponchos to protect from rain. All new NPCs have wet logic (But it’s not perfect)

Special Features:

• A sniper system that’s better than the one in Berlin (that one is programmed to miss you on first shot, and always hit on second. This one will hit based on if the line of sight is clear)
  • All new NPCs have dynamic wet logic built into them, and even their faces/bodies can have rain drops fall on them (H3 did not do this)
  • Some NPCs have randomised scripts (uncommon in WoA, though was done in the original Contracts mission)
  • Witness system: if someone catches you doing something suspicious and you are not dressed as a Red Dragon, a witness symbol will appear above their head and you must eliminate them before you exit. They do not count as targets. If you let too many witnesses amass you will fail the mission.
  • VR Enabled (Not that special, but just so you know)
Differences from original
  • You can wear police disguise, but as a drawback all police will see through it
  • If you wish to dump Red Dragon in a sewer, you will need a crowbar (couldn’t figure out a way around that, there are plenty of crowbars on the map tho)
  • Updated to have the modern things you’d expect of a World of Assassination map (cameras, etc)
  • You can escape via any point you wish
  • Red Dragon does not have a gun (It conflicted with the evacuation script I wrote for him)
  • Due to Chongqing’s layout you start sorta close to everything, so Blue Lotus can’t be killed as easy and Red Dragon arrives at restaurant sooner (You’ll have to choose your strategy carefully)
  • We weren’t sure how the original determined at what point you fail the mission in regards to witnesses, so we have our own system, and if you get too many witnesses you fail.
Major Bugs

The mission is full of minor bugs and things we wanted to improve (hence launched as version 0.9), but here are the bugs that could notably ruin the experience for you

• If you are near the karaoke store and exit/restart/replan, the game will crash to desktop
  • Chief may T-pose and stand around if he’s under a lot of stress, instead of escaping or shooting you
Future updates?

There are things that were intended but we just couldn’t have for initial release because we simply didn’t know how to do them (Or are a lot of effort).

• Major bug fixes listed above
  • Minor bug fixes not listed
  • Improve Classic Soundtrack option
  • Replace umbrella carrier acts in daytime version
  • Give some NPCs more interesting routes, like drinking from a poisonable bottle etc for Contracts mode in Peacock
  • More cops in Master mode
  • Make restaurant alley cops follow you around like in Contracts
Contributors

Kevin Rudd: Outfits, Wet logic, Time of Day/weather change, Lighting changes, Basic Scripting, Map Changes, Briefing Video, mission script, etc
@piepieonline: Advanced Scripting (Including: Sniper system, Witness system, Meal poisoning script, Amulet objective script)
@Kercyx: Crash troubleshooting, Puddle removals, French Translations, turning lamps off/green
@Invalid Model/clipping fixes for all police outfits, police jacket strap and belt, converting music
@Heepo: New Female Civilian outfit
@AnthonyFuller: Peacock Plugin (and general advice)
@Luiluix: Blue Lotus design and textures
@muddye: ICA shipping container replacement
@2kpr : Improving Classic Soundtrack system
Quartz_tan: Simplified Chinese Translation

Thankyou to @Atampy26 for a “randomised acts” template and for modding tools, thanks also to @Notex, and everyone else in the Glacier2 Modding Discord who gave advice/tools that helped this project (I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone)

But I'm on console and can't play!

While it will never be as good as playing for yourself, MungaDungalis has done a long-form playthrough/stream of the mission which shows off about 80% of what it has to offer. No rushing, taking his time to explore

Twitch

97 Likes

Of course @MrOchoa was the first to like this post :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

This is brilliant!
I wish I had a computer now. Hopefully IO makes this available on Xbox!

PS: Red Dragon negotiator doesn’t have a gun in the original either. Neither does the Blue Lotus.

15 Likes

I’m a simple man, i see Codename 47, i press little heart.

24 Likes

@Kevin_Rudd btw this looks absolutely amazing and I’m kinda jealous that I don’t play on PC :sleepy:

8 Likes

I forgot to mention, since I couldn’t figure out “Classic Soundtrack” mode, if you play the daytime version put this on in the background:

And if you play the night time version put this on:

17 Likes

chefs-kiss-french-chef

5 Likes

So, ugh… why isn’t IO bringing Kevin onboard for some “classic missions DLC pack” for Hitman 3 :thinking: ?

18 Likes

Right? It would be great if they did something along the lines of ARMA 3´s Creator DLCs, even if just for this one project.

6 Likes
11 Likes

lets gooo! glad i got to contribute :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Seems it didn’t turns everyting into Chinese correctly… some stuffs in mission still in English…

Damn, as a Xbox player I can’t play it.
But there no way I look at all this work without posting some awe.

So : congratulation to all of you ! It’s awe inspiring. A lot of familiar name in the contributors list. Some great job you all did.

(if there is a video/playthrough to look at, I wouldn’t say no)

5 Likes

The objectives etc will still be English, but briefing words and mission title are Chinese?

Also if one Chinese doesn’t work, try the other. I duplicated them because I figured Traditional Chinese is closer to Simplified Chinese than English is :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There must be a way to import stuff to console, like there has to be a way, no way this masterpiece is only available to PC players :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing a playthrough.
Just seeing the map in daytime already fills me with joy.

3 Likes

Traditionl Chinese even worse…the game didn’t read the title…Like what I said,both Chinese still have little different…

6 Likes

Oh dear, I tried :frowning:

Must be differences in the text that make it completely unreadable to the game

I’ll message you on Discord later about the rest of the translations for a future update maybe

You do see this in Simplified though?:

5 Likes

Yep. but all those obj things still english.

1 Like

I keep getting a “Extracting dependency 007F78E36ED4CFD5” error message, whether or not I install other mods. I tried just installing this mod and still got the error message. No idea why this is.

Even with a fresh install of the SMF and cleaning up any old mods, I still get it stopping at that particular file. Any ideas as to why? I have the Epic version, for reference.

2 Likes