[MOD] Freelancer Variations

awesome! does this include the softlock that happens when you trap and kill a target in the sauna?

You should ask IO, not me

2 Likes

I donā€™t have time to confirm (Iā€™m taking a Hitman break currently) but that means Gunrunner, Fixer and Angel of Death, right?

Does that mean that The Brothers arenā€™t in and might appear in additional future variant down the line?
Just asking out of curiosity.

2 Likes

After update Iā€™m still soft-locked on Landslide daytime, territory takedown, using gate exit. Playing Xbox store version.

Alright, it was a long shot that shouldnā€™t have helped in the first place, just thought Iā€™d give it a try for all exits and versions since Hardware seemed to have success when I did the smaller test before :confused:

Iā€™ll remove it from the changelog

No. Open to The Entertainer though.

The two new variants look excellent by the way! Marrakesh is very eerie, I like it.

1 Like

will the special whittleton creek assignment a bitter pill ever be a variant? one with the atlantide dudeā€™s house with extreme security

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking maybe. :+1:

4 Likes

Just donā€™t hold your breath!

Iā€™m supposed to be finishing Sandbox Hantu but have barely touched it for a month or so

4 Likes

This is the exit giving the soft-lock, correct?

Eh, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I did notice thisā€¦ (was dā€™ing around and thought Iā€™d throw a brick at a guard before I exited on the previous attempt)

An invisible entity (there are actually 2) to lock-on to for a throwable melee item.

Eh, no. I didnā€™t see if itā€™s here in the normal mission. :thinking:

3rd go Imma use the boat.

Edit: Verified. Nothing in the same spots in the regular/normal missions.

Edit2: Next question would be if itā€™s there in the normal FL mode.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had the bug using both the boat & the market car. Sadly, it doesnā€™t seem to be confined to just one exit.

1 Like

So weird! Still no idea why these things happen and only for some people :confused:

1 Like

found this on nighttime miami, not sure if this is due to the mod or not but im fairly certain

pictures

2 Likes

The single black step? Yeah I remember it from a long time ago, not sure how to fix or why it does that. Probably the intersection between two ā€˜roomsā€™ that isnā€™t noticeable during day or something

2 Likes

Update by AnthonyFuller of Peacock Plugin for latest Peacock version

2 Likes

@Kevin_Rudd
Yet another question from me but considering how much the meta for New York changed in newest update I was wondering if itā€™s possible to add pre-patch version of map as alternate variant with some tweaks.

Basically re-add all additional NPCs, un-nerf vault area, enable death logic for Savalas and if possible force stock market crash.

I know that changing TOD for this map canā€™t be implemented but I woudnā€™t mind if it stayed the same (unless thereā€™s a way to add some filter on screen or change color of some light sources to give map somewhat different vibe).

1 Like

One person told me that Landslide exit magically started working for them after game patch, can anyone else confirm?

But it would be a hassle, because itā€™s a series of files theyā€™ve changed not just one, the overrides brick which is for both (Showdown and non) versions of map, then the territory takedown brick. But on the NPCs remember how we used to say that IO made 20 custom NPCs and they mainly show up if theyā€™re targets but sometimes others will spawn even if theyā€™re not targets? It sounds like theyā€™ve changed the game mode itself to stop that man spawning near the vault unless heā€™s a target, I have zero idea how to change that.

In short: No I wonā€™t be doing it

But Iā€™ll see if thereā€™s something I can do for NY one day

6 Likes
AHBOS Variant: The Brothers + The Entertainer + ToD Change
  • Yes (Will double mod size to ~60mb)
  • No

0 voters

Whoops, I forgot to copy over a lot of files, turns out it will increase mod size from 30mb to 100mb, will also increase deploy time butā€¦ I donā€™t think anyone cares about deploy times at this point

Okay, itā€™s now made: The Brothers + The Entertainer + Cheveyo Calibration + Midday + Mission Targets Dead + Music change

6 Likes

Havenā€™t posted in this thread for awhile, so looking at it, I wonder if weā€™ll ever actually get the alternative versions of Dartmoor, Marrakesh, Sapienza etc added to Freelancer? Iā€™d have thought if it was going to happen, weā€™d have some rumblings of it by now? :thinking:

3 Likes
Replace Territory Takedown Mumbai Day with Illusions of Grandeur (Cuts off Rangan Tower)
  • Yes
  • No
  • Why not both?

0 voters

Territory Takedown only because Showdown has a bunch of crap (Suspects, acts, lookouts, assassins) set in Rangan Tower that I canā€™t be arsed putting in the effort to work around any time soon

2 Likes