RIP ghost mode 2018-2020

RIP

Got a poll of peoples thoughts. Over on another thread (can’t quote surveys)

I’m not overly mad at this - in fact I’m both happy that it’s shutting down, but sad that I’ll never get to play it again. It had to be put to rest sooner or later, but it’s just one of those things that doesn’t last forever.

That said though I’m expecting a sharp increase of player lobbies. Not overly, but who knows.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I never played it, but I feel sad for those who did. Having more game modes is always good, and it seems that many people enjoyed Ghost Mode, so…

RIP

3 Likes

Was to be expected cause of the lack of attention IO gave it post release. Sniper Assassin mode, you were lucky this time… real lucky but if it were for me, I would have had it discontinued long before GM.

8 Likes

So true. Sniper mode co-op matchmaking is way more inactive than GM.

10 Likes

It’d be great if they added LAN connections to the game modes so they’re not truly dead

4 Likes

I’ve never played it but I’m still sad they shut it down. I think it had potential. Why shut it down? Why don’t they just keep it? Like, not adding new things, but at least keeping it because I think there are many people who liked it.

6 Likes

Is it just for Hitman 2, so that it will be available for Hitman 3 when it launches? Or is the entire mode just gone for good now?

Thank fucking god! It was such a boring, unnecessary mode.

4 Likes

It’s a shame but at the same time is the best decision, specially if you don’t know what to fix it and improve it better.

2 Likes

Grand Finals of Ghost Mode Tournament 3

Ghost Mode Tournament 4 currently in process, the Grand Finals on August 30 will be the last time for these awesome tournaments.

Lets go out with a bang!

13 Likes

From a technical point of view, when you have all pieces in mind it’s kind of understandable, maintaining a matchmaking system on 6 different platforms (Steam, XO, XSX, PS4, PS5, Stadia), can be very tricky, especially when the multiplayer part is not your main focus.

But I just wanted to keep playing it with Hitman 2 at least.

13 Likes

6 platforms, jeez. i didn’t even realize until now how many platforms H3 will be on. same amount of platforms that Skyrim is (currently) on

9 Likes

Forgot Alexa.

/s but not so /s

2 Likes

I thought that ghost mode was simple, technically speaking.

I mean, the game must connect on a sort of master server to work but after that is only p2p, am i right? If is this the case, i don’t see the problem to keep alive ghost mode. As i said in the last post, ghost mode should be improved and fixed.

Say what you want to say, but there is a fanbase of this game that loves GM, in Frote’s Speedrunning Community, look at Reddie’s Denial!

9 Likes

Oh no! And I still don’t have that feat for the 5x Accidental Kills. :sob:

2 Likes