Sarajevo Six in Hitman 3

Hi, dear forum users. I can’t find a place to complain, but I’m missing those little funny missions from H1. How do you think, is there any chances that we will see them again (and, maybe, on all platforms this time)?
Yes, someone may find them to be too shallow and quick when compared to the rest of the content, but it was a nice idea of a small storyline with more targets to deal with.

1 Like

Would like to see them back myself, nothing great but if the work is already done.

But Alas, I believe it will be tricky with contracts between IOI, Square Enix and Sony (Who likely funded that content). So for IOI, might be more expensive and time consuming sorting that out.

3 Likes

As far as I know there are no plans of IOI to put Sarajevo Six in HITMAN 2.
I believe Travis said that somewhere, way long back.
If I remember correctly he also said that this is a PlayStation exclusive and they have no plans to port it to the rest platforms.
And there weren’t any single word regarding Sarajevo Six for HITMAN 3.

So I guess there are no chances that we’ll see this campaign ever again.
But it should continue living within HITMAN 2016

I almost forgot about the Sarajevo Six because I don’t think I’ve touched Hitman 2016 since first importing the levels into Hitman 2. I do remember enjoying the targets, as brief as they were.

:pensive: It’s sad to hear. Otherwise, it would be great to have all content in one game.

1 Like

Unfortunately that ship set sail a long time ago, can almost guarantee they won’t return! We can treasure the memories though :sweat_smile: were good to play.

I’ve never played them as a PC guy, but my impression was IOI wrote off the idea of them ever appearing again. Probably a Sony contract issue.

I hope that all the content made since 2016 will be released in a single package, Sarajevo Six Extra Missions included :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, there are some unlocks missing as well. For now they are only available via data transfer from Hitman 2. I hope this stuff will be back, especially Santa 47 (maybe some New Year escalations at the later date).

3 Likes

It’s PS4 HITMAN 2016 exclusive mission.
Will SONY agree with that? I don’t think so.

Sony would have no issues with it going into the PS4/PS5 builds of H3 - because why would they an issue?

My uninformed guess is that the Sarajevo Six (alongside the Wildcard ET) are considered to be promotional material that SE paid for and own (since they would’ve covered the marketing costs), so their inclusion would result in IO having to pay/negotiate a license to use them. And the effort and time involved wouldn’t be worth it.

At least this makes more sense than Sony not allowing it to be on their own platform, just inside different game.

1 Like

For the Wildcard the problem isn’t Sony but the right to use Gary Busey name and face in the game. They should pay. I think they could solve the problem changing name and face, and keeping the dialogues (they were funny). The same for The Undying and Sean Bean. For Sarajevo Six, I keep hoping that one day they will be free to bring it on Hitman 3. Keeping it as an exclusive don’t make any sense

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deleteing misinfo about Saravejo Six

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Sarajevo Six PC Project

Excuse my ignorance, but do we know why Sarajevo Six was removed?

You mean as to not appearing on H2 and 3 for Playstation?

All Speculation at this point but…

Likely due to contracts as at the time it would of been Square Enix what signed it with Sony.
For what was ultimately 6 Special assignments/Elusive targets. It might of been too expensive or time consuming for IO to get their lawyers to look into getting it available for H2 and H3 for just Playstation.
Or to other platforms could of been a high demand from Sony.

It is a shame though. Do wish IO continued with these sort of low-key stories as really helps fill the Hitman world up a bit with breaks between the main story.

1 Like

Yeah I kind of miss it a little. Really enjoyed the twist-ette at the end too. Well. Big companies gone do what big companies gone do yo.

1 Like