Season 2 Confirmation Thread (OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED \O/)

Very good news today !

The producer of Hitman Hakan Abrak has confirmed Season 2 and more

I have only the French version of this interview :

Does he really confirm it? Or is he just talking about all the possibilities with Season 2?

That french guys seem to be always first with the latest infos.

Could you translate the part or the sentence where he comfirms that?

Directly from translate:

Interview

Hakan Hello, nice to meet you!

The same for me !

Can you introduce yourself to our readers, please?

Of course. My name is Hakan Abrak, I’m executive director of production at IO Interactive. I’m working on Hitman.

Just a question before get to work, "Are you really at this point corporate? "

(Laughs) I am … It’s about the lack of hair, I suppose?

That’s why you’re the producer, is not it?

Well, I am rather quite the exotic version with my nose, I think. I’m not as Scandinavian as Mr. Agent 47.

You are perfect !

Everything is bald here, everyone is bald at IO Interactive. When you want to be recruited at IO Interactive is an obligation to be bald. That’s how it works.

Is radical!

I laugh, this is not true, it’s a joke.

Now the real question: What is your daily work? What do you actually do? Conferences ? You put hands dirty? What do you do exactly?

Well honestly, it’s all part of my job: to promote the game, talk about what we prepared for another awesome. But every day in the studio, I’m in charge of production. There are producers that I work directly. I make sure they understand what we want to do with Hitman, our new strategy particularly in the Episodic publishing model somewhat exotic play. You have to motivate people, to be sure that we are clear about the direction that is to be taken vis-à-vis our objectives. Being able to help the team achieve these goals as well. It can be really a lot of things: watch models, work with people, but what I do the most is really this: talk to people. Not with pickups, but I sit with them in a room and try to understand what challenges the team, what they dream, what motivates them, and I play the triggers: I help realize great projects, and ultimately, to offer a great experience to players.

If I understand, you know what happens then?

After …?

You know, after the latest episode.

Yes, of course, I know what will happen! Suddenly, the Hokkaido episode will be ready on Monday and it will be the last, it is the end of the season. We worked on it for over seven months now, with our fans, our community. And the last episode was really open about the experience that were offered to the player. It will be really exciting! I can not talk too much because I want players to live their own experience, but it will really be the conclusion, it will be understood what is happening, which is the client of the Shadow (Shadow Client), this what Providence, what the CIA, how they were puppets in history, and it will really be the conclusion of the story of the season 1. But for the first time in the history of Hitman, we do not kill everyone. Normally everyone dies except Diana, but not this time. So a base is built; a Hitman in which created deep characters, that we will develop for future seasons as well. A bit like a TV series, we can draw a parallel which depend on characters we have followed since and during the previous seasons. Some will come to their end, and we will follow other for a long time.

As the second season of a series.

Yes, there is a second season, we’ve already mentioned elsewhere, because this happens over several seasons. I think what is most important and we want to do is create a high-fidelity sandbox, where you can walk, take an interest in Annexes stories, to what is happening in AI in its complexity, a lot of creative ways to advance, achieve objectives and kill the targets. But it also introduces interesting cities on the map. It was Paris, Marrakech, etc. In short, we built World of Assassination. With Season 2, there will be new places, new exciting cities, but that does not mean that Paris will no longer matter. We want it to remain, continue developing missions, Live events, some objectives that we have already developed and that card before, like Éphémères Targets. For example having 48 and have allowed only one shot, and if it misses its target, it will be gone forever. It could happen again in Paris! I do imagine, I do not promise, even if it makes me smile, but imagine a holiday period, in central Paris, there are of course changes. We will keep all that in season 2, even if we think other cities, which will be equally important. This means that as far, all that will grow and develop more and more. This is really the right time to jump into the adventure, the season will conclude, there will be cordoned off the entire season 1, but once inside, after Hokkaido Monday, the series will continue, there will be new events, there is more content to come, and in season 2 we will develop it and create a world increasingly rich. Anyway, we are really sure that what we do on this Hitman is a great thing for all those who follow our games.

So the more we advance, the more the world is bigger and we can build the story in it. That’s it ?

Yes.

And now we come to the end of the first season. At the beginning of the season, for most people, perhaps even for us, it was unacceptable to cut a game (in several episodes). Are you happy with the final result?

Yeah. Finally … At first we were really nervous ourselves. But we were convinced that it was the right thing to do for Hitman. There are other games that are linear, with different ways of playing that can sometimes consume them but to Hitman, it comes to travel the world, discover interesting places, including fantasies you like me n 'dare not normally. I’m not a supermodel so I would not try to introduce me discreetly or things like that, but we can do it, and these new places are so rich! I mean, you can spend hundreds of hours you walk in, and instead of just a few hours and you have completed the game, we knew that this was the way we would take the best experience: by spending time in each place. We were a little nervous at first. Frankly, we did not even know how to communicate the information honestly it was not obvious. But it was also because we were not really sure if we were to publish one episode at a time or all at once. We’re really happy to have done everything in the first episode starting with Paris as tutorial before embarking on the adventure of Marrakech, because through this journey, besides the doubts and criticism (you know, there has been criticism on the climbing mode, Éphémères Targets), returns that we receive are increasingly positive. And now, the risk that we took is really beginning to fade, and people take 20 to 30 hours in one place. The next episode arrives in a week, I really have to finish and skip the next. We know we already have tons of gameplay hours with such contracts, and we say that it’s really good, we like as much to our fans and our community, we know that some have had doubts, but now we have a phenomenal return and we are really pleased.

To the end of this season, do you expect to reach new players? Precisely because some expect the end to buy everything. Do you feel that these players are going to happen?

For sure. There are players who have said “I’ll wait for the complete experience to go there.” And that’s really the point. On Monday, the final experience will be there, which will loop with Hokkaido Season 1. The story will be complete at that time. There will be new mysteries and new conspiracies that are going to prepare for the upcoming season. But it will remain a truly consistent experience for this season 1. So this is the time to do it now, all that Monday we will publish in dematerialized January 1 (2017) for people who wish to have their physical disk that will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. I’ll move on and talk a little Live service. The Moths Targets were a great job for us. I worked on Hitman for a long time, even for me, in the first test, there was a cold sweat. Because this time, there was no question try again to infinity. I had to get there right away, and use all my strengths murderer or it was ruined for good, you know? And this intense experience is a new edition, something different that was added while maintaining the momentum of Hitman. It works for me, as for many fans, and I think if you come to be part of the adventure, this experience will continue and we will continue to offer our fans.

I want to know who you are. Can you explain how you arrived there on this game? People watching this video, our readers, want to know: "Why him? Through his studies? Is is built alone? "Just a little story about you, who you are.

I think to get where it goes through a lot of game creation, it is a passion. How did you get there by the University or by developing your games alone in your attic? One day you wake up and you realize that you have no interactivity for 10 years, in fact I love it. I started at the bottom and really I like it, and the key to becoming who I am today is passion. It was she who guided me, it’s all my will. The desire to do great things, to be part of great things and share them with people who will greatly appreciate what you do.

Thank you very much. Now I have three questions, quick. There is one thing you must choose on it Hitman. Only one. What is the thing you are most proud?

Well. This is an excellent question. I think I’m really proud of the transition that the studio has done. Skip to the publication of a boxed product to a Live service, with episodic game, is what I’m most proud of in that time frame. And that means that our communication, our will to it, convincing in the studio, but also and especially for our fans. And I think where we are today, looking back three years, all we’ve been through, the difficulties and challenges, but also all those wins and these successes are what I’m really proud . And my studio feels proud of everything we have succeeded, and feels really good vis-à-vis the product. If the team is happy, I am too.

That’s great ! You have 30 seconds to explain to your best friend, as if you were not who you are, but a regular player, you love the game and why you say it, no marketing, no writing, just your feeling 30 seconds.

I just bought this game, Hitman, and the first thing I felt, it was a good tutorial as I had never appreciated before, but then Paris! And then we let you play, you can play discretion, adopt a more straight style, kill these targets and not only with guns but also with poison, and there is this sense of freedom! With so much to do, and I know it’s killing, but in truth it was really fun, with lots of black humor. And then I played some very exotic levels and especially at different places in the world. I think this is really interesting, I spent many hours on this game, and you should try it too.

It was great! I said 30 seconds, you have held at least 3 minutes! There is too much to say. Thank you very much, really, thank you.

He’s talking really concrete about the future. That’s exciting. :smiley:

PGW 2016 - INTERVIEW - Hitman: the producer of the game back on the first season of this reboot
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 4:06 p.m. by Amaury Mr.
On the occasion of the Paris Games Week 2016, we were able to interview the producer of IO Interactive, Hakan Abrak, just before the release of the latest episode in Japan.

At the Paris Games Week , just a few days before the release of the last episode of the first season Hitman on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, we met Hakan Abrak, which is none other than the producer of the game and IO Interactive .

Hitman Hokkaido October 31, 2016 screenshot 4 Hitman Hokkaido October 31, 2016 screenshot 3 October 31, 2016 Hokkaido Hitman 2 screenshot

During this interview, Hakan Abrak, as bald as the Agent 47 , is back on the development of Hitman , the choice of business model, but also on the future of the game, a season 2 already being planned. The manufacturer also took the opportunity to discuss some highlights of the title, as well as his personal opinion on this reboot of the series. As a reminder, our full test with the episode in Hokkaido is online .

Hakan Hello, nice to meet you!

The same for me !

Can you introduce yourself to our readers, please?

Of course. My name is Hakan Abrak, I’m executive director of production at IO Interactive. I’m working on Hitman.

Just a question before get to work, "Are you really at this point corporate? "

(Laughs) I am … It’s about the lack of hair, I suppose?

That’s why you’re the producer, is not it?

Well, I am rather quite the exotic version with my nose, I think. I’m not as Scandinavian as Mr. Agent 47.

You are perfect !

Everything is bald here, everyone is bald at IO Interactive. When you want to be recruited at IO Interactive is an obligation to be bald. That’s how it works.

Is radical!

I laugh, this is not true, it’s a joke.

Now the real question: What is your daily work? What do you actually do? Conferences ? You put hands dirty? What do you do exactly?

Well honestly, it’s all part of my job: to promote the game, talk about what we prepared for another awesome. But every day in the studio, I’m in charge of production. There are producers that I work directly. I make sure they understand what we want to do with Hitman, our new strategy particularly in the Episodic publishing model somewhat exotic play. You have to motivate people, to be sure that we are clear about the direction that is to be taken vis-à-vis our objectives. Being able to help the team achieve these goals as well. It can be really a lot of things: watch models, work with people, but what I do the most is really this: talk to people. Not with pickups, but I sit with them in a room and try to understand what challenges the team, what they dream, what motivates them, and I play the triggers: I help realize great projects, and ultimately, to offer a great experience to players.

If I understand, you know what happens then?

After …?

You know, after the latest episode .

Yes, of course, I know what will happen! Suddenly, the Hokkaido episode will be ready on Monday and it will be the last, it is the end of the season. We worked on it for over seven months now, with our fans, our community. And the last episode was really open about the experience that were offered to the player. It will be really exciting! I can not talk too much because I want players to live their own experience, but it will really be the conclusion, it will be understood what is happening, which is the client of the Shadow (Shadow Client), this what Providence, what the CIA, how they were puppets in history, and it will really be the conclusion of the story of the season 1. But for the first time in the history of Hitman, we do not kill everyone. Normally everyone dies except Diana, but not this time. So a base is built; a Hitman in which created deep characters, that we will develop for future seasons as well. A bit like a TV series, we can draw a parallel which depend on characters we have followed since and during the previous seasons. Some will come to their end, and we will follow other for a long time.

As the second season of a series.

Yes, there is a second season, we’ve already mentioned elsewhere, because this happens over several seasons. I think what is most important and we want to do is create a high-fidelity sandbox, where you can walk, take an interest in Annexes stories, to what is happening in AI in its complexity, a lot of creative ways to advance, achieve objectives and kill the targets. But it also introduces interesting cities on the map. It was Paris, Marrakech, etc. In short, we built World of Assassination. With Season 2, there will be new places, new exciting cities, but that does not mean that Paris will no longer matter. We want it to remain, continue developing missions, Live events, some objectives that we have already developed and that card before, like Elusive Targets. For example having 48 and have allowed only one shot, and if it misses its target, it will be gone forever. It could happen again in Paris! I do imagine, I do not promise, even if it makes me smile, but imagine a holiday period, in central Paris, there are of course changes. We will keep all that in season 2, even if we think other cities, which will be equally important. This means that as far, all that will grow and develop more and more. This is really the right time to jump into the adventure, the season will conclude, there will be cordoned off the entire season 1, but once inside, after Hokkaido Monday, the series will continue, there will be new events, there is more content to come, and in season 2 we will develop it and create a world increasingly rich. Anyway, we are really sure that what we do on this Hitman is a great thing for all those who follow our games.

So the more we advance, the more the world is bigger and we can build the story in it. That’s it ?

Yes.

And now we come to the end of the first season. At the beginning of the season, for most people, perhaps even for us, it was unacceptable to cut a game (in several episodes). Are you happy with the final result?

Yeah. Finally … At first we were really nervous ourselves. But we were convinced that it was the right thing to do for Hitman. There are other games that are linear, with different ways of playing that can sometimes consume them but to Hitman, it comes to travel the world, discover interesting places, including fantasies you like me n 'dare not normally. I’m not a supermodel so I would not try to introduce me discreetly or things like that, but we can do it, and these new places are so rich! I mean, you can spend hundreds of hours you walk in, and instead of just a few hours and you have completed the game, we knew that this was the way we would take the best experience: by spending time in each place. We were a little nervous at first. Frankly, we did not even know how to communicate the information honestly it was not obvious. But it was also because we were not really sure if we were to publish one episode at a time or all at once. We’re really happy to have done everything in the first episode starting with Paris as tutorial before embarking on the adventure of Marrakech, because through this journey, besides the doubts and criticism (you know, there has been criticism on the climbing mode, Éphémères Targets), returns that we receive are increasingly positive. And now, the risk that we took is really beginning to fade, and people take 20 to 30 hours in one place. The next episode arrives in a week, I really have to finish and skip the next. We know we already have tons of gameplay hours with such contracts, and we say that it’s really good, we like as much to our fans and our community, we know that some have had doubts, but now we have a phenomenal return and we are really pleased.

To the end of this season, do you expect to reach new players? Precisely because some expect the end to buy everything. Do you feel that these players are going to happen?

For sure. There are players who have said “I’ll wait for the complete experience to go there.” And that’s really the point. On Monday, the final experience will be there, which will loop with Hokkaido Season 1. The story will be complete at that time. There will be new mysteries and new conspiracies that are going to prepare for the upcoming season. But it will remain a truly consistent experience for this season 1. So this is the time to do it now, all that Monday we will publish in dematerialized January 1 (2017) for people who wish to have their physical disk that will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. I’ll move on and talk a little Live service. The Moths Targets were a great job for us. I worked on Hitman for a long time, even for me, in the first test, there was a cold sweat. Because this time, there was no question try again to infinity. I had to get there right away, and use all my strengths murderer or it was ruined for good, you know? And this intense experience is a new edition, something different that was added while maintaining the momentum of Hitman. It works for me, as for many fans, and I think if you come to be part of the adventure, this experience will continue and we will continue to offer our fans.

I want to know who you are. Can you explain how you arrived there on this game? People watching this video, our readers, want to know: "Why him? Through his studies? Is is built alone? "Just a little story about you, who you are.

I think to get where it goes through a lot of game creation, it is a passion. How did you get there by the University or by developing your games alone in your attic? One day you wake up and you realize that you have no interactivity for 10 years, in fact I love it. I started at the bottom and really I like it, and the key to becoming who I am today is passion. It was she who guided me, it’s all my will. The desire to do great things, to be part of great things and share them with people who will greatly appreciate what you do.

Thank you very much. Now I have three questions, quick. There is one thing you must choose on it Hitman. Only one. What is the thing you are most proud?

Well. This is an excellent question. I think I’m really proud of the transition that the studio has done. Skip to the publication of a boxed product to a Live service, with episodic game, is what I’m most proud of in that time frame. And that means that our communication, our will to it, convincing in the studio, but also and especially for our fans. And I think where we are today, looking back three years, all we’ve been through, the difficulties and challenges, but also all those wins and these successes are what I’m really proud . And my studio feels proud of everything we have succeeded, and feels really good vis-à-vis the product. If the team is happy, I am too.

That’s great ! You have 30 seconds to explain to your best friend, as if you were not who you are, but a regular player, you love the game and why you say it, no marketing, no writing, just your feeling 30 seconds.

I just bought this game, Hitman, and the first thing I felt, it was a good tutorial as I had never appreciated before, but then Paris! And then we let you play, you can play discretion, adopt a more straight style, kill these targets and not only with guns but also with poison, and there is this sense of freedom! With so much to do, and I know it’s killing, but in truth it was really fun, with lots of black humor. And then I played some very exotic levels and especially at different places in the world. I think this is really interesting, I spent many hours on this game, and you should try it too.

It was great! I said 30 seconds, you have held at least 3 minutes! There is too much to say. Thank you very much, really, thank you.

He says “yes there is a second season, we’ve already talked about it actually, that there will be multiple seasons”.

Otherwise nothing really interesting, aside from the fact that we may see elusive targets in season 1 maps during season 2 (he said we could for example have an elusive in Paris during season 2).

So Season 2 is Expansion to Game

I hope so, so we can have all the gear, we have the base game, so IO-I could just keep on releasing episodes, if IO-I are making a new game it will take much longer than make stand alone episodes and we have to wait longer for the next season :smiley:.

I was wondering, if we are allowed to keep onlocks from season one to two. How will they deal with people that only buy season two? Not that many people will but you always have those odd ones. Will they have a smaller range of weapons to choose from? Or will they make a small range of standardized weapons?

Nice to see they will keep releasing new content for free on the previous maps even after Season 2 is Live.

That is really good move from IO. I dont mind if game os episodic because maps have so much replay value

Bruh I allready translated it you blind? :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It seems pretty clear to me that this is their plan. Constantly releasing new missions and live content over the next years without big breaks. I have no idea why some people think that we have to wait until 2018.

• Same launcher from Season 1,

• New locations and missions from Season 2 will be added to the base game we already have,

• Unlocks from Season 1 will be available to be used on Season 2 and onwards,

• New free content like Elusive Targets and Escalation Missions will still come to Season 1 maps even after Season 2 has already started,

• Previous cities/countries could be revisited with a new location/mission.

Is this what was confirmed? I didn’t read the posts above they were too long :joy:. This is good because it means less waiting time for season two hopefully. I just hope they don’t release missions without improving the game and its mechanics etc. If they just literally release new missions without adding in new features there’s no way I’m paying full game price.

Nice translation @Danger_dog_guy_7, great if unsurprising news :slight_smile:

I’m sure they’ll add a number of features through a bigger patch - some of the more “sought after” ones, from the community - couldn’t imagine they wouldn’t.

I’m curious to know how it’ll work with the physical release - and how progress from season 1 carries over to that as well…

I just hope we won’t have to wait too long for Season 2.My prediction is we’ll have to wait one year at least for first episode of new season

everyone dies except Diana,

The story of every Hitman game in a nutshell.:grin:

(Just kidding I know that other NPC survived the Hitman games, most notably Agent Smith.)

@daughterofmnemosyne
Most unlocks are either cosmetic stuff or make the mission slightly easier, but there’s nothing you really need. Except maybe for a sniper and an explosive. But I’m sure among the unlocks of the first mission will be the Jaeger 7 “Zebra” and the Explosive Soda Can.