Sessions with Lafayette (Serious Discussions Only) - Venting Thread

First off, before we begin…
Let me just say, Yes… This thread is gonna serve as the old “Pinecone” thread.

HOWEVER, please lets not turn this new thread into that again. I really think it’s important to have at least one ‘Serious Thread’ here, where the Hitman community can come to discuss their real world problems in a civilized manner. (Follow all the forums guidelines)

WHAT TO DISCUSS HERE: Like i said, i really want to keep this a very serious thread. So most likely it will occasionally become depressing in here from time to time. However, that doesn’t mean it has to be all bad. Remember, when users come in here to discuss their problems, offer helpful advice. Be kind. Listen and don’t judge. Maybe someone went through the same troubles and can really help.

By “Serious Problems” to discuss, i mean:

• Recovering from substance abuse.
  • Having trouble dealing with the death of a friend or loved one.
  • PTSD issues.
  • Anxiety / Depression
  • Divorce
  • Suffering from a physical or mental disability and you need to vent about the subject.

Just to be clear, here is a list for what
NOT to do here…

NO…

• Discussing petty issues.
    (Examples)

_Mad about losing at a video game. _
The cute guy / girl at school or work won’t talk to you.
Favorite TV show got cancelled. etc…

• No fighting with one another.
  • Judging each other (If you can’t say something nice or helpful to someone, please do not post at that time.)
  • No offensive GIFS or Memes.
  • Absolutely no derailing at any time!

In conclusion, just please remember to stay civil here (Like we should in all threads, actually) and lets not get carried away like in Pinecone, or turn this thread into a derailed chat room. As long as everyone follows the guidelines, I think we’ll be all right.

Let us try to stay on topic and try to help each other out one at a time, rather than 5 people at once discuss an issue… That way, some members won’t feel ignored. As i said, this thread may get depressing at times, due to the ‘Troubling Discussions’ however, that don’t mean we can’t joke here and there.

Remember; Laughter is the best medicine!
Now let’s get talking to Dr. Lafayette. He’s Listening… :slight_smile:
IMG_8686

“Hello, I am Dr. Oscar Lafayette. I am a highly skilled therapist that usually charges $1,500 an hour. But for all you lovely fans here on Hitmanforum, I will provide my services to you, free of charge. I have helped many overcome their problems, perhaps you heard of them? Bio engineer genius, Silvio Caruso, Radical activist, Sean Rose, even lead singer Jordan Cross from the band “The Class” and I am certain I can help you as well. Feel free to drop by my office anytime if you ever need an ear. Have a wonderful day.”

Need to Vent?

I don’t have anything to share (Yet), but i have to say it’s good to see this thread make a comeback. Here’s hoping things don’t turn out like last time.

It’s been about 2 months since my dad passed away. My mother, brother, and I have been managing without him around. It is weird though, since he was the guy who got things done. My mom has been fighting with all the legal papers trying to get his life insurance. We haven’t gotten the death certificate yet since we didn’t know the cause of death (Heart Attack) at the beginning. Since no valid death certificate, no life insurance. I just worry for my mother, who just found out she has COPD, having to deal with all this stuff. My brother, who is only 13, isn’t taking it well either.

I guess what I’m saying is, life is kinda crap right now, but its not the end of the world. I feel it will be better for all of us when we get to move on from this tragedy.

Stay strong man!

I would like to leave my job. Now. Even if i haven’t alternatives. But I’m so afraid to lose my economic independence. I’ve been hating this job since the beginning for personal reasons, but I continue to work looking for something else (even if this affects negatively on my trust for myself and on my relationship with my father who wanted me to take his place in the company).
But now I think the company is having difficulties. I and many others workers are without salary from the summer. The company has sone debts. I would like to leave the ship, before it goes under. But I haven’t the courage. I don’t what to do. Today I’m waiting to know news about an interesting job, but I don’t think it will be a serious offer. I hope however.
I would like just to have more courage

I would stay with your current job (even if it isn’t that long anymore) before you got a good offer.

There are a lot of companies who say they will ‘offer’ you something, but end up giving you nothing. So just stay with your old job, until the contract with a new one is signed.

Edit: It isn’t my intention to tell you what to do, I’m just sharing experiences :slight_smile:

It’s what I’ve done untill now, but now with six months of related salary I have a lot of difficulties. Now I’m single and I haven’t an expensive life, but I’m 30 and I have to think to my future. I can’t plan it in a company who pays me after six months

My grandma passed away last night, i was at her bed side. My grandma was my everything, i never had a father and she was my 2nd parent. Eventhough i saw it coming, im completely devestated by this.

Man, I’m so sorry for your loss… That’s awful, It’s never easy to lose a family member. I was extremely close to my grandparents as well so I can definitely relate. I actually grew up living in the same house as them and saw them both every single day since the day I was born. So it really hit me hard when they passed.

Just remember all the good times you had with your grandmother. She may be gone, but she’ll always be with you in your heart and memories… My condolences to you and your entire family at this very difficult time.

Sorry to hear this man, hope you’re managing alright.

Thanks man appreciate it. She was 94, still lived in her own home, and she went painlessy in her sleep. Which im thankful for, not many people have that.

Ye same i basically grew up in her house since i was always there when my mom was working.

And i know, you are right. But atm its Just really hard for me.

@Quinn thanks, im trying

@Fortheseven I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. My Grandfather passed away recently at 94, much like your Grandmother; in his sleep. I was closer to him than my father. Most of my childhood memories are with him.

What helped me was just to think about all the wonderful times we had together and how that enriched our lives. I like to think they watch over us somehow and take great comfort in that. She will always be with you.

Well at least she went pain free.
And I know…that’s understandable and obviously to be expected, it’s gonna take a lot of time and even then I don’t think anyone who looses a family member ever fully gets over it.
I know I still haven’t with my grandparents and that was 9 years ago. Truth is, The pain will always be with you, but with each day and as long as you have them in your heart and remember the good times, it helps hurt less.
Again, I’m very sorry for your loss man, hang in there. Always feel free to drop by here and talk, we’re here for ya buddy. Stay strong. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you guys. Yes that is a comforting thought.

1 thing im happy about is that i got a tattoo last summer, the name of my grandma on my chest. She was so touched by it, glad i got to show her.

I hope you get better, dear TB.

Awesome man :smile: I got a tattoo honoring my grandad, the crest of the Aircraft Carrier he served on in WW2, it’s a shame he didn’t get to see it (he suffered with dementia at that time and was ill in hospital) Take it easy brother.

@Fortheseven I’m sorry for your lost, i also got devastated when my grandpa died last year, I know how you’re feeling. :sweat:

I’m really sorry for your loss.

Face the pain and tragedy and do not hold back… It’ll haunt you later if you don’t properly mourn… None of us are lucky enough to get any closure in this fucking existence, so get yours with her, now, and stay strong, because she clearly would never want her passing to have a negative effect on you… I watched my uncle and aunt lose their child… Just five hours of them holding each other, screaming and crying. I was eight and it was the night before my birthday. Their child had just graduated from law school. I’ve never seen anything like it and I’ve never been able to forget what dealing with death looks like. There are no rules or guidelines you can follow… Just be human and play it by ear… Let it all happen naturally and try and celebrate her existence. She’d love you more for it, I’m sure.

Im sorry to your lose mate. I lost my grandpa when i was really young. He suffered pretty painful dead, He died by heart attack during lunch. I really hope that you get better:)