Seven Deadly Sins Act 4: Lust

After messing about on this DLC for the last two days, I finally managed to figure out a brilliant way of doing all the challenges in one playthrough. I Managed to locate the 3 best Safes to find the 3 clues & I got lucky in the order too :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ll upload the gameplay soon

9 Likes

I, for one, truly enjoyed this “escalation”. I have completed it a dozen or so times, with varying levels of stealth and probably started it and not completed it (due to dying, just fudging it up, or intentionally restarting for whatever reason) another 20-30 times I think.

In about half of the times I’ve done this I did all 6 safes. A couple times I used only keys to open them, couple were only explosives, and most were a mixture. Sometimes I went through the process of getting rid of all of the pretenders and sometimes I didn’t bother.

Of all of the so-far released missions of the DLC so far, this one is probably my favorite.

12 Likes

Yea, that’s right. I fixed It. Thanks!

1 Like

Been on a hiatus since Greed to take care of personal problems and came back to this.

Gotta say I enjoyed this Lust DLC a lot! Not quite an escalation as there’s one level, but I appreciate the change of the usual formula.

-Decoration at the dancefloor looks great. Nice theme and voice work too.
-Loved the Sgail soundtrack. It does make you feel like in a different dimension from the original techno party.
-Randomization adds a lot of challenge to replays, so I had to replay it plenty of times to get a clean Silent Assassin run.
-Satisfying to sneak in and out to steal the safe in the Wardrobe room. The ones in the Biker’s area are rough work, tho.
-The Lust suit is the best looking so far IMO.

Taking down the Pretender with the silenced pistol right at the start makes the rest much easier, especially in dealing with the cameras. Only once I insta-failed because it happened to be the Admirer, lol

5 Likes

I played this last night, and took like three hours to fully complete it, with a big fat 0 for a score cause i got frustrated and started killing people who saw me. It wasn’t bad IMO, I just think it would have been better served as an actual escalation. Then there would have been a sense of progression, like I was actually getting somewhere. As it stands it feels a bit Dark Souls esque, like you have to do it perfectly or you will fail horribly and have to start over from the beginning.
That being said, I will probably play it again to try and get SA. Might take me a few days though. And the crossbow being a flash bang makes literally no sense to me. Why not a tranq gun? And what is the radius of that explosive, it seems weirdly huge, cause I used it once on the safe that’s outside buy the two smoking employees and I moved all the way over to the big red steel beams and still died. O_o

4 Likes

Welcome to our thread :slightly_smiling_face:
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/io-please-add-saving-in-escalations-and-bonus-missions-contracts-etc

2 Likes

Hey guys n gals; long time lurker first time poster after finally creating an account. Thanks for having me.

So this level took me two days of multiple hour-long sessions to get a five star rating on. Lots and lots of getting caught doing something illegal. Finally completing it was very satisfying.

I basically only stayed within the main building and very rarely wandered over to the biker hangout. Now that I’ve gotten my 5-star, I will replay it (unlike some of the other 7DSs) and be more adventurous and experimental with the bikers.

Routing the first three or four safes was what I enjoyed most. I cannot tell you how many times I then went on to try offing the pretenders, only to be seen by another of them, only to be tattle-taled on by them, only to restart in frustration. But when I eventually completed my perfect run, I felt like a darn pro gamer.

The crossbow is cool, but basically a downgrade from the Kalmer. I cannot think of situations in-game where the bow would be a better choice than the tranq, other than if you purposely wanted to create a panic. (If anyone has a counter argument I’d love to hear it to better understand.) However, I am totally okay with this. If the bow were overpowered IOI would be accused of implementing pay-to-win (which they were accused of somewhat with the snail mine from Sloth). As it stands, it’s a fun new tool which looks cool and fits the theme.

The explosive… lost me. I really expected it to be a legal item. I thought it might explode discreetly like the breaching charge. Instead it’s a super illegal, super loud, super powerful bomb – to the point where the description specifically states it’s not discreet. Were I a betting man, I would have lost on the “Serpent’s Bite” prediction game.

Anyway. Sometimes I could puncture the barrel behind the scotch drinker without anyone seeing me, and sometimes I’d cause the entire floor to bust out screaming and flailing their arms because I wasted some wine. This game is hilarious and frustrating and I love it.

6 Likes

Welcome to participation! I only used the crossbow once so far, despite having it for dozens of tries. I used it on the lady who is standing outside of the red restrooms. The guy was distracted by the crane but the lady just stood there so I tried out the crossbow on her. It worked fine.

I was expecting the serpent explosive to be a legal item too. It looked like a ring or bracelet so it was somewhat surprising that it was illegal. I figured it would be camouflaged enough.

I think IOI is probably at a point of not being able to win with their items at this point. If a new item is too similar to an old one, it’s “just a reskin” but if it’s genuinely new and useful, it’s OP. All suits at this point are pretty much reskins. All guns are pretty much reskins. I don’t know what they could release at this point that would satisfy both the “new and interesting item” need and also the “not an OP or reskin item” need.

8 Likes

The two items I would like as unlocks are the screwdriver and the chloroform flask. Although I understand the argument that the latter would be OP (despite it already being in game). Still, I look forward to whatever we’re going to get from the upcoming DLC. When you think about it only Pride had no unique item unlocks.

3 Likes

Suit Only
5 Star Rating
No HUD (No Map Ever Used)
3 Clues Only Needed
3 Safe Locations Only
No Cameras Destroyed
No Evidence Destroyed
No Instinct Used
No Distractions Of Any Kind
No Coins Used To Lure Targets
No Weapon Drops To Lure Targets
Emetic Poisons Used
No Subdues/No Pacify
No Crossbow Used
All Bodies Hidden
All 7 Pretenders Eliminated
Secret Admirer Identified With 3 Clues
No KO

Super Smooth & Executed To Perfection. I took a big risk @ the start by taking out 4 Pretenders first. Anyone of them could have been the Secret Admirer. Agent 47 always takes risks :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Welcome! I used to be a long time lurker too before joining in. It’s nice to see other lurkers joining in.

What a coincidence for schatenjager, the first person to reply to me, to also reply to you.

3 Likes

It’s the best sin so far but definitely a hard one too. I haven’t managed to do a SA all clues run yet. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I always just kill the one lady who has a silenced pistol right away because it helps a lot. The safe next to the growhouse (not the one in it) seems the hardest one, it’s quite annoying. On the contrary, I really like the one on the ground floor that you could get by climbing down the ladder from the roof when the staff member isn’t at it.
It’s always enjoyable to have a little mystery with some clues!

1 Like

didn’t Clemens say there was a surprise to be found when you completed the lust escalation? or am i misremembering ?

6 Likes

Yeah, I definitely remember him saying there was a surprise at the end when talking about the Lust content…

Now that I think of it, he might have just been talking about the stream as a whole, with the Goldballer being presented last.

But I swear it was about the Lust content:thinking:

6 Likes

I feel like an idiot but does the new suit get wet in the rain? Its one of my new faves so im using it everywhere and I cant tell with the shiny suits whether theyre wet or not. And i have good eyes too

I’m disappointed with the staging of the escalation.
Those clues are always the same no matter what safe I’m breaking in.
Especially first three, with total random I don’t know how to identify the target to complete the challenge related to 3 clues. Definitely not fun, but annoying.

And I forgot to mention the mission music. That trailer track would fit just perfect.
Instead they poked in some crappy music from Isle of Sgail.
Sorry for those who like that track, but it’s total bimbo.
Missed opportunity

1 Like

Finally had time to play. Great escalation.

The whole level is used, it’s challenging if you want to, simple/smooth if not, in other term : complex, the good kind. It presents good variations and a bit a depth (the pretenders each having an item). The atmosphere works, especially in the centerpiece of the escalation. I have a liking for level with a hub like part to it, somewhere you need to come back to regularly to progress. And as I wished last time : the escalation is much more open ended.

It like the possible loop of finding a clue, identifying a pretender, taking them out for their item and repeat till only the admirer remains. It would have been fun to scatter/hide a bunch of poison vials in the level and letting us take the pretenders this way. After all they all drink and it would have been thematically good with the lust sin. Also some of the pretenders are just not fun to isolate, especially during an already long escalation.

I wish we could have used disguises, I see why, but a suit only challenge could have been added to let us have fun with the escalation while retaining the possibility of difficulty. Not using the social stealth aspect of the game for the lust escalation just seems a bit of a missed opportunity to me. But it’s true we would have lost part of the tension (and in all fairness Berlin is the best level in term of design to play suit only, so many pathways).

As for the unlocks : best suit so far, the serpent bite by not being micro is a bit useless. The serpent tongue is interesting and I can see some use in challenge run, the panic state given to the target afterwards make it a bit random. But I understand why (this is not the moment to develop a new kind of effect, just to apply it to unused circonstance, here the stun effect to a dart gun, it’s just the way the engine works and it works extremely well as evidenced by the whole game)

As some have said, I also thought there was a surprise in the end of it, maybe an easter egg asking for a specific trigger (all pretenders killed, all safes looted…). Still haven’t found anything.

I know I just wrote a lot of criticism, but as I know IOI is looking at the forums, if they read this : love the work, the escalation is complex and a lot is implemented in it. Small scale randomisation works well for hitman. Kudos to everyone.

To conclude : the whole escalation really gives me a “metal gear solid bonus virtual mission” vibe. I like it. Of all the escalations released it’s the one I could see myself replay later.

6 Likes

Travis is probably behind the scenes rn shaking his head at Clemens like “now you know what it feels like to have them overanalyze every word you say”

(this is very late, i know. forgot to hit reply before)

6 Likes

I think the crossbow would be nice if it had separate ammo to the kalmer and had four extra shots

1 Like

I like the variety of the different Deadly Sins.

The voice acting is great, especially the Peakcock in Pride. Each is atmospheric and different.

Perhaps I liked Greed the least because the voice acting was a bit too over the top.

At its core, it is just more Hitman, designed for problem solving a solution.

I know that there are complaints about the lack of completely new locations, like bonus missions.

IOI has stats of their player base.

Probably 90% of those playing haven’t picked it up since the first weeks of release, and sales have dropped off precipitously from these first weeks of release also.

IOI are just servicing Hitman with a tiny team, while they are pushing forward with their other IP.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another paid DLC down the road, that includes small new locations where IOI test new concepts and mechanics that will be expanded in the James Bond IP.

I don’t see IOI bringing out much new Hitman content just for the sake of it.

5 Likes