Solutions to Hitman 2 Technical Problems (Wiki)

Not sure if this is already a thread, considering that I briefly searched for it and found nothing. But here it is.

It seems that there’s a lot of technical issues with Hitman 2 and I wanted to create a thread where people can edit the original post and add their solutions to the problem.

In order to do this, I’ve made the thread a wiki. Found a solution to any problem listed or have a new problem listed with a fix? Simply edit the post.

Please don’t be a troll and edit the post to say something off topic. If I’ve found a troll edit, I’ll revert it back.

This is also not the thread to report technical issues you need a fix for. Instead, do that here.

ALL PLATFORM ISSUES

CONSOLE PLATFORM SPECIFIC ISSUES

Constant Crashing - Contribution/s from Opal Hitman
Crashing is often a result of a problem in the game install. For more detailed information about crashing, visit this source about Hitman 2 crashing on consoles on WB’s website. If these solutions don’t work, contact WB Games Support.

• PS4: Delete Hitman 2 from your console by heading to your dashboard and hitting the options button once you reach Hitman 2 and selecting “Delete”. Once the process is complete, re-insert the disc and re-install if you’re playing on a physical copy, or re-download from the game library by selecting it there.
  • XBOX: Go to Home Menu > My Games and Apps > Games and press the menu button once you’ve highlighted Hitman 2. Select ‘Manage Game’ and on the left highlight the game install and press the menu button again. Select ‘Uninstall’. After the process is complete, re-insert the disc and re-install if playing on a physical copy, or go to My Games and Apps and re-download the game from the Ready to Install section if playing on a digital copy.

PC SPECIFIC ISSUES

0x8000000_ - Contribution/s from Opal Hitman

• This is an issue with NVIDIA. IO Interactive have stated that they are working on a fix in their February Game Update.

CE Steam Codes Not Working - Contribution/s from Opal Hitman
(An issue from the bug report thread: Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread)

• There is not a solid fix for this that IO Interactive has stated. Simply contact Warner Brothers Games support here.

Freezing and Crashing on NVIDIA 416.81 - Contribution/s from Opal Hitman, leet_it_b
(Solution from the bug report thread: Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread)

• Revert back to NVIDIA 416.34 (outdated, newer versions of NVIDIA shouldn’t be causing freezing and crashing issues from 416.81. If you are still on these versions, consider updating.)

XBOX SPECIFIC ISSES

Missions not loading when Legacy Pack is installed - Contribution/s from Opal Hitman, AgentBJ09
(An issue from the bug report thread: Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread)

• Shut down the console, then boot it back up and do not log into your system’s account.
  • Uninstall the not working legacy content, as well as the Bonus Missions if you have them installed.
  • Log into your system account, then manage the game and install the map that was giving you issues before. (Do not install the Bonus Missions until you check the Legacy map and see that it is working.)
  • If said map is working, then install the Bonus Missions content, and you’re done.

PS4 SPECIFIC ISSUES

Changelogs:

• Opal Hitman: Created thread. 7:23PM 12/03/19
  • Opal Hitman: Changed thread to be more organised. 7:35PM 12/03/19
2 Likes