Solve The Mystery--Game

Come to think of it, you bring up a vaild point.
The answer I was looking for was EMPTY though.

“Empt” should be pronounced “Emp + T” or “Empt” (like preempt)?

If you take away the first, middle and last letter, then you have MT.

Just bumping this thread in case anyone wants to have a go. Here is one to get us going again…
IMG_0015

Can anyone solve it? :smirk:

They were all in the boat’s closed living space, and died of suffocation?

No… interesting theory, but it’s not the answer I was looking for, unfortunately…

Really read it… think :wink:

Not one SINGLE man got wet, however, ALL FOUR of them did.

Not a “single man” got wet, because all of them were married.

I’ve heard this riddle too many times.

Answers above mine at time of posting (in case anyone wanted to change after me):

SeanBernowicz: Not one SINGLE man got wet, however, ALL FOUR of them did.
rattleshnake: They were all in the boat’s closed living space, and died of suffocation?

Oh man @SeanBernowicz I was gonna say, you’re sooo close, however @AlyMar1994 got it right. Nice! :+1:

Wow, I’ve never heard that one before. I’ve heard the variation with the answer I posted. Well done.

@AlyMar1994 when you’re ready, if you would like to start us off with a new mystery “riddle” :slightly_smiling_face:

Look up the answers to this riddle, and I’ll kill you all :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Two bodies have I,
Though both joined in one.
The more still I stand,
The quicker I run…

Let’s see who’ll succeed.

An hourglass? This text will be blurred

Correct.

Alright, here’s a quick one.

Turn me on my side and I am everything. Cut me in half and I am nothing. What am I?

The number 8. 20 char

That is correct! Your turn.

A logician vacationing in the South Seas finds himself on an island inhabited by two proverbial tribes of liars and truth-tellers. Members of one tribe always tell the truth, members of the other always lie. He comes to a fork in a road and has to ask a native bystander which branch he should take to reach a village. He has no way of telling whether the native is a truth-teller or a liar. The logician thinks a moment, then asks one question only. From the reply he knows which road to take. What question does he ask?

By the way, is there a limit to the amount of guesses that can be made?

The question he should ask is “If I asked a member from the other tribe which road to take to get to the village, where would he point me?” And then take the road opposite to the answer.

I love this riddle, I’ve heard the variant for the doors to paradise and hell before