Solve The Mystery--Game

You’re very close, but that’s not the answer I’m looking for.

You ask “which road would the other tribe tell me to go down to get to the village?”

The liar would lie and say the wrong path because the truther would tell you the right path. The truther would tell you the wrong path because that is what the liar would say. You would pick the opposite path of which the tribesman stated as both answers would be the wrong path.

Somebody else take my turn please

Sorry was posting while the other answer was coming up

I’m sorry, that’s not correct.

Should we make a limit of three guesses?

3 guesses sounds fair.

I think I got it this time. The question is “If I were to ask you if this path lead to the village, would you say yes?”

If the native told the truth, he would give you the correct answer. If he told lies, then he would be forced to give you the correct answer based on how the question is worded. He would lie in the hypothetical question, so he would have to lie on top of that, thus making his answer correct.

YES!

I updated the O.P. (I apologize, I should have made it clear from the beginning)

But yes, each member can get a limit of 3 guesses.

That is correct! Well done.

Sweet! Here’s one that’s sorta easy:

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50.” The boy looked around and saw no scale, so he agreed, thinking no matter what the man writes he will just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

The man wrote “your exact weight”? :thinking:

Correct! :rofl:

Sweet. :smiley: My turn.

You got 9 balls which all look the same but one of them is heavier than the others. By using a pair of balance scales, how do you find out what’s the heavy ball if you can only use it twice?

Divide the 9 balls into 3 groups of 3. Compare the weight of two of those groups.

The heavier group should then be obvious, it will either tip the scales, or, if the scales stay balanced, then it is the group you didn’t include.

Now, choose 2 balls from this group and compare their weights, and using the same logic as before, the heavier ball will be obvious

That’s correct :smiley:

1.There are five houses.

2.The Englishman lives in the red house.

3.The Spaniard owns the dog.

4.Coffee is drunk in the green house.

5.The Ukrainian drinks tea.

6.The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house.

7.The Old Gold smoker owns snails.

8.Kools are smoked in the yellow house.

9.Milk is drunk in the middle house.

10.The Norwegian lives in the first house.

11.The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.

12.Kools are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.

13.The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.

14.The Japanese smokes Parliaments.

15.The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

Now, who drinks water? Who owns the zebra?

I’m going to help you a little here. Read the given details backwards, from 15 to one.

I gave it a few tries but the riddle just seems too much like a random sequence of events followed by an out of nowhere question for me to make sense of it.

Yes, it’s a very hard question but if nobody solves it by the end of Sunday, then I’ll post something else.

The Norwegian drinks water, and the Japanese owns the zebra.

This table might not make sense immediately, but you can solve the puzzle by fitting in values after reading each statement along with the process of elimination.

Well done, I didn’t think someone would get it.

Thanks! Here goes…

Which came first? Eggs or chickens?