Solve The Mystery--Game

Does that mean I’m correct?

Yep, that is correct. Your turn.

Four men are arrested for a crime.

The jailer seats three of the men into a line. B faces the wall, C faces B, and D faces C and B. The fourth man, A, is put behind a screen (or in a separate room). The jailer gives all four men party hats. He explains that there are two black hats and two white hats, that each prisoner is wearing one of the hats, and that each of the prisoners see only the hats in front of him but neither on himself nor behind him. The fourth man behind the screen can’t see or be seen by any other prisoner. No communication among the prisoners is allowed.

The end result is that if any of the prisoners guesses their own hat’s colour correctly, they all go free (excluding blind guesses); if anyone guesses wrong, all four are immediately executed. What is the solution?

Well I could be wrong but I’m gonna take a crack at it anyway. Going by your story, person D would have the advantage (as he can see both B&C. However, B could be wearing a Black hat, while C could be wearing a White hat (which would give him a 50/50 chance of guessing right (considering A can’t see, or be seen by anyone)

Although, it could be possible that both B&C would be wearing the same color hats, which D could then answer the opposite color and it would be correct. Do I have that right?

If it would be my first example then I honestly don’t see the solution, other than D taking a guess.

But, you also said the prisoners can’t see themselves or “behind” them, so if B turns to his right (facing C&D) … wait never mind lol that wouldn’t help anything :joy:

Idk then hahaha

The only logical solution would be person C. Person C would know that D can see both him and A…So if D was silent (because both C&B for example would have on different colors) C would know his own color hat as he can see B. Otherwise D wouldn’t have hesitated.

If that’s not correct, congratulations, this is one hell of a puzzle!

You are absolutely correct! Yeah, it’s just a logic puzzle. It looks hard at first, but once you see the answer, it looks really easy. Your go!

Excellent!
Yeah I won’t lie, it took me a little bit to figure it out haha I actually drew out your description on a piece of paper :joy:

But ok give me a sec…

Okay… simple one, I believe…

I can shave everyday, but my beard will stay the same. Who am I?

A Barber?

Correct! Barber it is. Your turn…

Some puzzles just click for me and I get lucky. Others not so much. :wink:

He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?

A priest??

20 characters…

Damn, that was easy! Your play.

Haha ok here we go

There are 5 sisters in the room.

Ann is reading a book.
Stephanie is cooking.
Katie is playing checkers.
Debbie is watching TV.

What is the fifth sister (Sasha) doing?

Playing checkers with Katie?

You got it man! Another easy one :sweat_smile:

You’re up!

Starting to run low on riddles but I can do one more for now.

What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you’ll die?

NothingThis text will be blurred

Correct! That’s my last one for today, good luck!

Three people check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10. Later the clerk realizes the bill should only be $25. To rectify this, he gives the bellhop $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room, the bellhop realizes that he cannot divide the money equally. As the guests didn’t know the total of the revised bill, the bellhop decides to just give each guest $1 and keep $2 as a tip for himself. Each guest got $1 back, so now each guest only paid $9, bringing the total paid to $27. The bellhop has $2. And $27 + $2 = $29 so, if the guests originally handed over $30, what happened to the remaining $1?

Oh, I know this one I had seen it in a “things you can do” type book I read when I was about eight and have had teachers ask it to us several times over my life.

There is no missing dollar, each guest has one whole dollar so 1+1+1=3, the bell hop has two dollars as a tip and the hotel has twenty five dollars all up there is thirty whole dollars