Solve The Mystery--Game

Since Sean has liked my answer I am going to assume I have it right and am going to give a riddle.

I have six legs
Four eyes
Two backs
One tail
What am I

It’s funny how puzzles like these can make you try and go against the logic you know. Nothing like that exist so it took me a while to figure out you’re not talking about one creature but two. :wink:

I think it’s a man on a horse.

Correct,

People also have trouble with that hotel riddle above for the same reason. The riddles entire middle section is guff you only need the beginning and end, our teacher use to do them in our psych class back in high school.

It is you turn

I actually got nothing new right now so anyone can take my turn.

Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions. Each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja , in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Note that a single god may be asked more than one question, questions may depend on answers to previous questions, and Random’s responses can be thought of as a flip of a coin in his head. Heads = Truth, but Tails = False.

Ok is Ridley to big to be a playable Super Smash Bros Character

Is Bowser too big to be a Smash character? That guy gan grow to be insanely big.

Are we out of easy questions the the three gods question is supposed to one of the hardest in the world. Even harder than the one with the Norwegian man.

I will try, ask A god “does ja mean no?”
Ask B “does ja mean yes?”
Ask C “does yes mean yes?”

Hell of a puzzle here, definitely one of the most sophisticated ones I’ve seen! Had to work on it for a while but I have an idea on how to solve it. Seems like a similar set up to an earlier puzzle about the girl who only lies and the one who tells the truth - need to ask indirect questions or a question about a question to get the truth. But the trick here is finding out which god is Random or not Random. There’s maybe a dozen possibilities on how to approach this so I’ll try and cut straight to ONE answer I came up with:

Q1: Ask god B, “If I asked you ‘Is A Random’, would you say ja?”. If B answers ja, either B is Random (and is answering randomly), or B is not Random and the answer indicates that A is indeed Random. Either way, C is not Random. If B answers da, either B is Random (and is answering randomly), or B is not Random and the answer indicates that A is not Random. Either way, you know the identity of a god who is not Random.

Q2: Go to the god who was identified as not being Random by the previous question (either A or C), and ask him: “If I asked you ‘Are you False’, would you say ja?”. Since he is not Random, an answer of da indicates that he is True and an answer of ja indicates that he is False.

Q3: Ask the same god the question: “If I asked you ‘Is B Random’, would you say ja?”. If the answer is ja, B is Random; if the answer is da, the god you have not yet spoken to is Random. The remaining god can be identified by elimination.

Yes, you’ve got it! This puzzle is infamous for its difficulty! Your go.

Here’s a similar riddle, though not nearly as tough. :wink:

Three goddesses were sitting in an old Indian temple. Their names were Truth (always telling the truth), Lie (always lying) and Wisdom (sometimes lying). A visitor asked the one on the left: “Who is sitting next to you?”
“Truth,” she answered.
Then he asked the one in the middle: “Who are you?”
“Wisdom.”
Lastly, he asked the one on the right: “Who is your neighbor?”
“Lie,” she replied.
And then it became clear who is who.

So…Who is who?

God I hate these types of riddles, I guess I will have another crack at it

The order is Wisdom, Lie then Truth

Correct! Your turn at the riddles.

Wow never get those ones right anyway. I prefer good old fashioned words so.

For the youngest girl I delight
For the fairest maiden, a fairer sight
And for the bitter crone, a fright!
See you again and again
In laughter or in pain

Sounds more like a poem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some of the earliest riddles in the world had poetic structures, decided I would give this riddle a similar structure. Do you have an answer?

Not at the moment - I was thrown off by the poetry. But I’ll think on it.

No rush, I’ll alter the riddle if you or anyone else hits a roadblock. The answer is simple though.

A mirror?

Technically you are correct. It was your reflection. But again technically correct, the best kind of correct