Solve The Mystery--Game

The best friend was fishing :smiley: not the neighbor.

If there was no mail that day, was it a holiday, if it was, i think the neighbor is the accomplice, no work on a holiday right?

That leaves us with banks. So Driver.

The cook: the market doesn’t open until 12!

Haha that’s what I meant lmao

But yes @OKIGorgon is correct. It was the Driver who was the accomplice. In the US most jobs are still open, including markets (for the most part) on Presidents Day. But Banks are always closed on that day, so the driver was lying.

Mailman and Driver are guilty!!

Mystery Solved!
Next turn is up for grabs :smiley:

Of course, banks is not open here in Norway either on a holiday :flushed:, apologizes to the wrongly accused neighbor :smiley:.

Since @OKIGorgon said they’d pass every time, I shall take it upon myself to deliver a murder mystery.

Go ahead :smiley:.

Detective Sara Dunts was called in for an investigation on a Saturday morning. Mr. John Gooding had mysteriously vanished from his one story home, Sara was told. “I’ll phone Mrs. Glen, the caretaker, and get you the address.” Detective Chad Sandlers, Sara’s partner, said. Sara stood waiting as he made the call. “Okay, everything’s set. Mrs. Glen will be expecting you in half an hour at 232 Parker At.” Detective Chad said.

Sara hopped out of her car and walked up the long path that led to the house. Right away she was ushered inside by Mrs. Glen. “Detective, I’m so glad you came. The last place I saw Mr. Gooding was in his room. I suspected that would be your first question.” Mrs. Glen said somewhat nervously. She walked Sara into the other room. “Up here,” Mrs. Glen called from a twisting flight of stairs. The front door banged shut just as Sara started up the steps. “Oh, I must have left the door open. The wind must have shut it.” Mrs. Glen said. Again they started up the stairs.

They walked up the enormous stairway. Halfway up detective Sara noticed a weather vane through the window. She realized that the wind was blowing west and in order for it to have shut the door it would have to have been blowing east. Then Sara realized for the first time that there was a third set of footsteps on the stairs. Then it dawned on her and she realized she had walked into a trap. How did Sara know she had walked into a trap?

One floor home?

Exactly!
20 chars…

Okay i found one, it’s pretty hard i think :smiley:.

Edit.

Yes it’s hard i just checked the answer :blush:.

Detective Ixolite of the NYPD was investigating a murder at Chicago.
It was a difficult case, and Ixolite was completely stumped until he noticed a message sent to him by the killer cunningly hidden in a newspaper advertisement selling Car Licence Plates.
Detective Ixolite thought about it for a while, and when he had solved the puzzle, immediately arrested the guilty man.

Q1) How did Ixolite know the advert was a clue for him?

Q2) Solve the code and tell me who Ixolite arrested.

This is the newspaper advert (Car licence plates for sale) that Detective Ixolite saw.

Plates For Sale;

[W 05 NWO]
[H 13 HSR ]
[O 05 EBM]
[D 08 UNE]
[U 10 HTY]
[N 04 BRE]
[N 16 TTE]
[I 26 LHC ]
[T 10 AEE]
[I 26 CNA]
[X 22 VDA]

Ixolite knew it was for him because he saw the word whodunit x in the paper, and arrested the license plate salesman, because he is the one who makes them.

That’s correct! :smiley:

Hahahaha he should, because the salesman has done it pretty difficult for you guys, but he wasn’t the murderer, the answer is in the license plates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

A hint, there is a sentence in the license plates which will tell you how to find the letters about who the murderer is.

Judging by numbers going up to 26, they’re probably letters of english alphabet. I still try to think what to do with “emehjdpzjzv” though.

Hahaha i can assure you emehjdpzjzv is not the murderer. A hint, don’t focus on numbers just yet, find the sentence first :smiley:.

Does “Who dunnit, Ix?” count as one?

LAND.
20 characters…

Yes, you resolved question one, now you must find out what the sentence is saying, it says something about numbers :smiley:.

Nope :smiley:, the sentenece has 33 letters :flushed:.

What if it’s butler’s name?

Hahaha how in the world did you manage to figure this out? Well done!!! :smiley: