Solve The Mystery--Game

Here’s an easy one:
A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: the first is full of raging fires; the second, assassins with loaded guns; and the third, lions who haven’t eaten in years. Which room is the safest?

the lions are dead by starving.

Correct answer. Hence the third room is the safest.

I just found this googling on chemestry class lol.

Consider a lamp, with a switch. Hit the switch once, it turns it on. Hit it again, it turns it off. Let us imagine there is a being with supernatural powers who likes to play with this lamp as follows. First, he turns it on. At the end of one minute, he turns it off. At the end of half a minute, he turns it on again. At the end of a quarter of a minute, he turns it off. In one eighth of a minute, he turns it on again. And so on, hitting the switch each time after waiting exactly one-half the time he waited before hitting it the last time. Applying the above discussion, it is easy to see that all these infinitely many time intervals add up to exactly two minutes. QUESTION: At the end of two minutes, is the lamp on, or off? ANOTHER QUESTION: Here the lamp started out being off. Would it have made any difference if it had started out being on?

Is this question even possible mathematically?

The hitting the switch action gets quicker and quicker, and finally impossible for one to determine if the lamp is on or off at the 2 minute mark?
It would probably “appear” on to a person, I guess…

At the end of two minutes the lamp is off and it would not have made any difference if it had started out being on coz the battery of the lamp is dead.

I restrained myself from looking at the answer. But it is based off of a greek paradox that actually has a mathematical solution but it is very fucking complicated.

In phisics, I already think I have a logical answer, but in math I would have to apply the same principles. Which will suck a lot lol. This one is called Thompson’s Lamp.

LOL

That has to be the phisical explaination. Our electricity already has an itinerance of 50-60Hertz per second. So it turns on and off about 100-120 times per second but we see it as permanently on. But can this make sense in math?

True but the question specifically asks whether the lamp is on or not. Not how it appears to a person.

Hmm, then I’d go with it’s not possible to determine.

Then let’s google Thompson’s Lamp.

I’m on the bus, so I will have to be afk as soon as we reach the stop. Can’t have my phone out on the street.

Hey guys, I’m all love for maths but can we go back to real riddles
I have one
There is a vegetable that is very unpopular on the boat. Can you name it?

Leak? :smiley: It’s “leek” but I couldn’t think of anything else.

Peas? It rolls everywhere :joy:.

This literally makes no sense. Just saying.

You’re right. :moneybag:
20 characters

I just meant that riddles are mostly logical not mathematical :grin::grin:

Transitivity, syllogisms, propositions, predicates, modalisms… a lot of elemental forms of logic are the basis for logical math. Which is also a logic. I understand your point however.