SONKO Challenges

Finally got SA on #19, using a simple method. Got 4:27, nothing amazing, but a nice and simple method. Was dragging Cristy for a while since in a previous run it turned out she wasn’t hidden enough.

Different approach I tried:

Used a silenced SMG to lure the guards outside instead of the duck, then go through the bathroom. Slightly slower but found it more consistent. Also in the hopes of not having to bring a lockpick to free an item slot up for… something. Didn’t work that out yet :smile: Anyway, found out the locked door to the warehouse is the sturdiest door of all time and doesn’t open by SMG or sniper, so good old lockpick it was.

So the final run was like,

fire with SMG into saber room, through bathroom and get saber. Throw briefcase for guard near constant, hide him behind the couch. Throw saber at Christy, hide her and retrieve saber. Open up door with lockpick while crouching, just worked out this time without having to distract. Lure final target with good old gramophone, put SMG down near crate. Hide him in the crate, throw saber to distract guard near ladder exit (I brought a flash grenade, but figured I wasn’t going to climb around in time for the effect to wear off, and he was looking at the ledge). Shoot camera with SMG, also panicks the single custodian still there so quickly pocket it and head down the ladder.

2 Likes

SONKO Challenge #21 (2.39)

@MrWaterhandle: I enjoyed this. I wondered if the sniper would be too restrictive, especially for the bodyguard in the garden, but I found a good angle to get him into the water. I tried so many different positions. I’d also experimented with climbing out of the window after shooting the security guard with the sniper and taking out the other security guard with the oil barrel. Although it felt so much more badass it was slower, finishing the whole contract around 2.51. Anyway, if you’re interested, here’s an unlisted video of the idea.

3 Likes

Been playing this after a fair few shots :joy: but…

There’s a little trick to get Sinforoso to come out to investigate on his own with an explosive and shot to the double-door combo from the default start, but I found it early on while trying things out on this and it got lost along the way.

:+1: Fun contract @Toto

4 Likes

I’d like to claim #22. This is going to be a tough one! :astonished:

2 Likes

Finally…Friday has come and I’ll take upon the challenge of completing as many SONKOs as I can. I don’t know anything about the last 5 so that makes it even more fun.

4 Likes

SONKO Challenge #22 - Sapienza by Sunset (Landslide)

3-04-9028529-05 (Xbox)
2-04-4136791-21 (PS4) Thank you, @Yellow_ZR1
1-04-7319303-29 (PC) Cheers, @Toto

7 Likes

I‘m pretty behind as well :rofl: #17, #20, #21, #22 :see_no_evil:…ah, never mind :smile:, I‘ll see what I can get done this weekend

3 Likes

SONKO Challenge #22 on PC : 1-04-7319303-29
I think I can do it in 5 minutes or less

2 Likes

There is my strat for the #22 Nice contract @Euler13 very complicated :+1:

3 Likes

There you go, SONKO Challenge #20 (4:59) hopefully entertaining to watch, Knock knock joke by @Franz included lol. Nice contract - very versatile, can’t wait to see, how the fast runs were composed!! :smile:

This run is sadly another four star SA btw…I think, I got Never Spotted wrongfully deducted, when the target spotted me, which shouldn’t count…I redid the route in 5:14 with five stars but my PS4 didn’t save that run…so here goes SA with four stars :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Had the same problem with the target dressed in orange! But Euler’s run showed it’s possible, so it feels very inconsistent and difficult to explain.

1 Like

Euler commented that it might have happened bc the target didn’t fully spot me, confusing the rating system…makes sense looking back at the instances it happened to me. Funny bug then :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just run a test, by creating a contract with just that target, and I can confirm our suspicions.

Never Spotted Bug

@Ibbe040: I don’t know if you already knew about this, but if not you may want to add it to your intel thread. Feel free to use the video. Here is an outline of the issue:

With the new and improved “Dead men never talk” mechanic, it seems that that is a brief moment between not getting seen at all and getting spotted (Crime Noticed) where if you perform the kill, then the Never Spotted bonus is not restored. If you wait a moment longer, then all is good. This contract shows two kills, the first is in that unfortunate window (of lost opportunity) and the second is with it working as expected.

After much testing I was unable to achieve the same issue using lethal melee kills.

3 Likes

Here is my first SONKO challenge done. #3

I hope some of you guys will watch it.

6 Likes

I’ll read more into the post and watch the clip soon :+1:

3 Likes

I apologize to all PS4 players out there, it turns out I tagged a wrong cook as a target when recreating challenge #22. A new contract will be announced soon. Sorry, @Euler13.

2 Likes

Please let it be the right one…already figured out one kill :pleading_face:

Edit: Btw these cooks all look too similar…at first I marked Chef Marcello when I recreated All work and no play by Franz :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Updated challenge #22 for PS4: 2-04-4136791-21

I only just figured out this mistake by wanting to record my run. :sweat_smile:
Will check more carefully next time!

4 Likes

Now the real challenge is to play it good luck :grinning:

3 Likes

Phew, looks good…yeah, it’s a tough one :sweat_smile:

1 Like