SONKO Challenges

SONKO #33 PC ID:
1-06-8123656-60

Already took me like 45 minutes just to recreate it, will be interesting.

4 Likes

SONKO #30 @rattleshnake

Cool little challenge
I really enjoyed it
Hope you will like it

@Yellow_ZR1 I am a bit terrified of #33.
When @Euler13 said he has no idea how to do it SONKO, and we all know how great player he is, I tried it today and damn it will be probably hardest challenge yet.

2 Likes

Oh, man! How can I feel so guilty and excited at the same time. :smiling_imp:

It is definitely doable in SA, although I am indeed concerned about if the challenge is too restricted in terms of loadout and route. In any case, I still hope to see you guys’ runs.

4 Likes

Reminds me of my sonko :see_no_evil::joy:…in the end we’ll see great and fast runs anyway :blush:

1 Like

Okay that was tough, well deserving of the title “Challenge”. I’m still uploading my shitty run in case somebody can get some ideas from it but I struggle too much on this map. The first half is pretty easy and optimized but navigating to the first floor of the consulate, going back down to get the car keys and finally leaving by the back door was annoying with all the guards. Also can’t do any large explosion distraction since the whole building goes on lockdown for more than 5 minutes and the last target won’t drink.

2 Likes

SONKO Challenge #31

3-08-8286524-05 (Xbox)
1-08-6398145-49 (PC) - Thanks, @someoneElse
2-08-7663832-93 - Thank you, @Club47

Target Locations:

Penchan is in the back yard, chatting to two hotel staff, near the exterminator van.
Phet starts off in the room with the birthday cake and the recording crew guys wearing party hats.

7 Likes

I am away from home and my PS4 for a week, so could someone on PS4 please recreate #31? I’m sure a lot of players would be grateful. :slight_smile:

Since it seemed like #33 has given you all some hard time, I think I’ll post my run to show how this was originally created.

Funny thing is I tried to grab the car key, but being spotted by consulate securities too much times, so I ended up playing it safe by exiting through the market.

2 Likes

SONKO Challenge #31

1-08-6398145-49 (pc)

4 Likes

I‘ll recreate it later today :blush:

3 Likes
3 Likes

SONKO Challenge #33 (6.26)

I finally managed to pull it off with an almost perfectly consistent route. Ironically, when following this route on one occasion the timing of one of the NPCs was way off and forced me to improvise just to not get spotted. I finished that run in 6.22! But as you know, I care less about faster times that are down to random chance than I do about reliable routes that might be slower.

@Yellow_ZR1, I have mixed feelings about this. It was certainly one of the toughest contracts I’ve done in a long time and caused masses of frustrations to start, but once I’d figured out how to slot myself between different routines it became very enjoyable. However, in the end it was massively rewarding finally figuring out a good route. So I finished loving it! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sonko Challenge #31
Online for PS4: 2-08-7663832-93

3 Likes

I am very happy you enjoy this one. Which surprises me is that grabbing the car key can be done before eliminating the last two targets. :smile::+1:

My original intention was to task players to retrieve the 3rd poison jar, but little did I know that the toughest part became the patrolling guards. Anyway, that was a really clean and impressive route to avoid their sights.

3 Likes

Oof! Pretty tight. I didn’t bother uploading the run because 10 minutes of nothing special ain’t nothing special :smiley: But indeed, the guards routes were a bit annoying and getting from the consulate back to the garages proved to be a bit time consuming. 3 minute waiting for the right window. But hey, whatever, had fun :slight_smile:

EDIT: By the way, I found retrieving the 3rd pill jar to be probably the easiest part and had pretty much the same strat as Euler. Only with a bit less shooting and more briefcase throwing :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Nicely done, @Honzas4400. I genuinely couldn’t figure out a silent assassin route when I re-created it. It’s probably one of the most difficult contracts I’ve done, but as I’m sure you’ll now agree, so, so satisfying when you finally complete a flawless run with a five star SA rating.

3 Likes

Indeed, it really is satisfying. But I feel like it’s walking on a versy thin line between satisfying and downright annoying. I was SO CLOSE to getting spotted SO MANY TIMES by all the guards that just staying somewhere for one single second a bit more would ruin my entire run. And we’re talking about save-less 10 minute run. So while it really is satisfying, it might be ever so slightly too close to being annoying. But I guess that comes with the whole SONKO challenge as well. Which reminds me, I also played #1. Did a little better there.

3 Likes

@Yellow_ZR1 Bro great job with #33 it’s very well done. I got ~5:30 but I got spotted at the end by a guard near the reception so I’m gonna redo it later and post the video.

It could probably be my favorite SONKO so far. I haven’t played the latest ones yet though so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Ah, I can see that you were gonna to grab the car key and go through the front gate to get into the garage. It’'s sure gonna be fast, but timing and distraction will still be the key. I am glad you like it! :blush:

1 Like

Yep. I have it figured out perfectly. You’ll like my run :wink:

3 Likes

I will catch up with sonko on weekend. Right now i am all into rdr2, lol

1 Like