SONKO Challenges

SONKO Challenge #81 (ColdDayInHell)

Please watch from 2:47
HITMA3 SONKO Challenge #81 (ColdDayInHell) - YouTube(3:04)

HITMA3 SONKO Challenge #81(ColdDayInHell) - YouTube(2:07)

4 Likes

2nd one was boss. I was thinking of alarming Ingram but chose not to.

The ladder was a much better choice than my method: the ladder where the explosive golf ball is

Did you like it? I guess it’s pretty simple.

2 Likes

@ColdDayInHell
Ps4 2-27-2131845-21

4 Likes

Sorry, forgot to add complication. Will do a new one.

Edit

Correct contract is in the post above.

2 Likes

SONKO #81 @ColdDayInHell

I enjoyed it man.
It wasn’t that difficult and Dubai definitly is not my favourite map but this contract is pure sonko.
Nice one…

4 Likes

Another great Fibre Wire contract @ColdDayInHell !
SONKO #81: The Exit Guards in 2:05

I’m intrigued at how long people spend refining their strats? This took me about 2 hours of playing around - I originally waited for Ingram and his guards but that was too slow, then I tried panicking them at the helipad before I realised I could do it from below with some tweaking. I always feel like I’m a bit slow on the uptake with working out my strats :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks Monica, I did enjoy making it because it’s possible without bullet distractions but it makes it a lot easier. I LOVE bullet distractions.

And for the last target, the window washer… you don’t need to shoot to the right of her. It does cause her to not see your reflection if you’re not crouched. But it’s the guard on the penthouse floor walking back and fourth that sees the kill. If he’s there, just shoot to the right or left of him :wink:

I should have made it “PERFECT SHOOTER” just to annoy the speedrunners and wannabe speedrunners like myself.

2 Likes

Interesting, I got spotted by her half the time even when crouched and she turned around before I could get to her - but I don’t remember it ever really being an issue before. Bullet distraction just seemed safer tbh. My game seems a bit screwy right now, doing lots of stuff I’ve never had happen before.

First few times I did it without distractions and my time was around a 2:35 I believe, just means you have a bit of waiting around for Ingram and the dude by the lift, but doing the pilot first negates a lot of the time.

I need to slow down my runs a bit, I defo am starting to get sick of speedrunning everything for the fastest time, it’s sapping the fun out of some contracts I’ve been trying.

3 Likes

Great strat on #81! :clap:

I used to spend hours refining my runs to get the #1 spot, unless @III_Ed_B_III was doing the same contract, in which case I’d settle for second. :wink:
But since just over half way through the H2 cycle I just do a few runs to get a time I’m pleased with. For #81 I tried multiple restarts to catch the first target before he walked to his leaning position, but I just couldn’t get there in time. After I used my pistol to distract him I got my time of 2.22 on my third try. Although I got lucky picking a decent route.

To be honest, I tend to go more with purity now. Unless the contract demands disguises, I nearly always like to self-impose suit only and I try to avoid KOs and emetics.
@ColdDayInHell: Please don’t start adding perfect shooter! It’d kill my play style. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Ha, I was joking. I actually hate complications. I did an Any method last SONKO so I had to revert to my favorite style this time (Fiber wire) :wink:

Perfect Shooter works for odd puzzle contracts, not the average contract. And for SONKO, it’s almost necessary to use bullet distractions.

3 Likes

Last time I checked this poll there wasn’t a winner, but now there is, Landslide wins.
I’ll claim 82 and I’ll have a go at making it soon. However, I did test one of the kills a while before (went well) but if the other starts annoying me as much as speedrunning was before I begun the competitive hiatius, 82 will probably end up getting released mid-August when Roulette Rivals 6 starts up and I get “back in the game”

4 Likes

I had this too – from the vine and the lift shaft route. Was wondering whether my connection has slowed down or something, as I’m 99.9% sure you could catch that guard from either route from previous play/contracts a few months ago.

@Crewdy - It’s usually an hour limit per contract for me – pick a route, play it, move on. If something has me intrigued I’ll play for longer. Each to their own, but there’s no way I’m throwing a duck at a wall or muffins at a ledge for hours; my patience with this game is way too short for that kind of perseverance.

3 Likes

@Euler13 @III_Ed_B_III thanks, I think this is the mindset I need to get in to - I don’t have to have the fastest time on every leaderboard, just a time I feel is good and a route I’m comfortable with. I was playing Yaninni’s WCB contract last night (Duality of Miami) and spent an hour trying to get a panic to work on a single guard to save 2-3 seconds. Must have restarted about 50 times. It got very frustrating and I just thought why am I still doing this?

I had to hold LB+forward, mash B to exit the cutscene and then use the absolute shortest route up the vine to get him. You also have to make sure 47 doesn’t do his odd little skip when you change weapons. It worked maybe 4/10 times so I gave up and used a bullet distraction instead.

@ColdDayInHell I was watching KOats Twitch stream last night and he came up with an interesting SONKO contract on Santa Fortuna. I’ll recreate it tonight and put it in the Fan Contracts thread. I think you’ll enjoy it.

4 Likes

Luckily wasn’t as painful to make as expected. Should be a fun challenge, especially for speedrunning

7 Likes

No worries. I think it really depends on what you want out of the game at any given time; all styles are valid. I’ve played certain sections of maps and tried things on specific targets for hours – I wouldn’t now, but totally understand those who would.

Explosion/panic RNGinho is the worst: you see this glimpse of something amazing, then you’re just trying for however long by any means to recapture that gold. :laughing:

That guard is interesting – if I get the time tonight I’ll try and find footage of reaching him the early side of the elevator/wall from a few months back. I couldn’t catch him once from either route going as fast as possible with no weapon stutter. I seem to remember Euler did a test back in the day – on Hokkaido iirc – and there was a slight difference in running times on two Xboxes when both of us took the same route. Those little nuances can make a big difference.

You probably know this already, but you can minimize weapon-stutter by entering the inventory kind of while you’re still in the cut scene, or pre-empting what you need to use throughout a contract while in animations other than running (like jumping a wall). Probably wouldn’t help with SONKO 81 as you’re still maybe losing a vital fraction of a second. I dislike that animation with a passion though, so have tried to find as many ways to avoid it as possible since it popped up in H2.

4 Likes

I knew you could use the cutscene to change and whilst coming out of blend as well, but didn’t realise you could use the inventory whilst doing actions, that could defo come in handy!

3 Likes

Pretty good time for this I think? Getting the axe across the square was interesting once I realised it won’t go in a briefcase :joy:

Not a huge amount of room for improvement with this route. I actually did a slightly better run where I didn’t miss the camera box at point blank so the guard didn’t come back upstairs, but the DVR was crap again. This one was done on Twitch but still has a few little glitches :pensive:

Also, never realised that the hippie has a different name in Landslide. Very odd!

5 Likes

Great time, still working on this one. I hate Landslide.

I’m pretty sure @linux_penguin snuck into the tower beforehand to Sieker to the 2 guards then entered. Less chaos that way. I’ve tried blowing shit up just to get by too :rofl:

9:14. I took so long that Salvatore went to cry in the town hall bathroom.

2 Likes

PS4 contract id is 2-04-3109010-20

7 Likes

Recreated for PC: 1-04-1934764-62

6 Likes