Sony PS5 Features

Some minor and exciting details have been released from Sony today on the PS5!

Backwards compatibility!!

Original source;

11 Likes

Haven’t read the article yet but I just wanted to advertise to everybody that I’m probably about to ejaculate on the sckfjashfijfbdtjkgoz

2 Likes

So a guy name Cerny is developing tech for Sony. Well he and Bowser who now leads Nintendo America must share the same job finders.

2 Likes

This for me is the most interesting part, from 15 seconds to less than 1?!!!

One of the big new things that Cerny seems keen to show off with the next-gen console is its included Solid State Drive (something the PS4 doesn’t have), which will dramatically improve loading and rendering times for big budget games. To prove the difference, Cerny played Spider-Man PS4 running on a developer kit of the PS5, and the open world’s loading time dropped from its usual 15 seconds on a PS4 Pro to less than one.

2 Likes

Not for Elder Scrolls 6 it will still take as long as it takes to make a cup of instant noodles. Still want ES:6 though.

2 Likes

I like how everyone jizzes for BC NOW, but when Sony put out the original PS3, peoople moaned and bitched about the price and literally said “No one cares about backwards compatibility.”

And so it was removed from the PS3 and never went into the PS4. PlayStation 4 was the first (sequel) Sony home console to not have BC.

3 Likes

I had any strong feelings about BC. I care more about the one second loading times. The rest was tech/graphics stuff that means little to me.

If you haven’t put a SSD in your PS4 already, I highly recommend it.

1 Like

What the fuck is an SSD?

Solid State Drive.

Also, reposting Backwards :clap: compatibility :clap: at :clap: fucking :clap: last :clap:

1 Like

What the fuck is a Solid State Drive? Is it some sort of weapon to surpass Metal Gear?!

I mean my loading times aren’t that woeful no more than a few seconds but I always want those few seconds.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, PC gamers be like:

11 Likes

Damn! That sounds like a solid package. Now all I care for is guarenteed 60 fps on every game. Stuff like 8K isn’t needed in my opinion. I just want to play 1080p 60 fps games on console. Considering the PS5 supports 8K it should also (hopefully) support 60 fps without a problem.

2 Likes

Yes dude! I avoided upgrading to a 4k TV because I was too worried about input lag. Also, I still think 1080p looks great lol. Give me 1080p at a rock solid frame rate and I’m a happy boy :grin:

I would have but I need the 2TB of space I have in my current drive.

That’s funny, cuz on this forum, I just see the PC gamers like:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HITMAN 2 won’t load.
DX12 isn’t working

WAHH WAHH WAHHHHH!

I’ll take a game console where my game works all the time, thank you.

9 Likes

Meanwhile, Console gamers be like…

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Edit: @RW_Slick beat me to it :grin::+1:

3 Likes

@Fries00, I think they primarily want 8K so that the VR can be in 4K (4Kx4K)

@doom-generation, I used to say the same thing and 1080p does still look good, but it is a night and day difference. Also PS4 PRO does not suffer from input lag.

1 Like

Are you being facetious or do you genuinely not know?

No I have no clue what it is. I assume it is some sort of hard drive?