Spawn On Me Featured Contracts

I really hope none of the community contracts are timed.

1 Like

If done correctly, I donā€™t mind them. Daily Exercise suited what the creator built the contract for, which I enjoyed. Some have a good amount of float, which isnā€™t bad and I donā€™t really notice, but it does keep me moving. But then there are some like Houdini, where there is not margin for error. Yes satisfying when would finish, but very annoying. (Side note: I really enjoy the flow PEA made for that contract, but when his play through is 2:59 on a 3:00 contract, it makes me question for the community if a 10-15 second float would have helped).

Although I keep the mission timer on my HUD, so I am always competing against the clock.

Mission timers are one of the first things I turn off whenever I play a new game. I like to take my time and avoid rushing.

1 Like

Campaign, I donā€™t use the timer.

Escalations and contracts, I use the timer primarily for planning NPC routes and behaviours.

I havenā€™t played them yet but they look terrible already.

WTAF. Member submissions canā€™t come soon enough. Wow.

They were not great. It almost seemed like they played the campaign level once or twice and based the contracts off that. The one Falling Object kill was the only kill that really deviated from a campaign play through.

1 Like

No kidding.

Iā€™m surprised there wasnā€™t a Sapienza one in this batch.

KILL SILVIO WITH AN ACCIDENT EXPLOSION (GOLF BALL)
:rofl:

Agreed. I used the Black Lilly up until H3. Now the Shortballer is all I use even if itā€™s a little loud around NPCs.

2 Likes

Both would be better though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Of course. But expecting even one from IOI would be too much at this point.

1 Like

Next week, Iā€™ll start the submissions thread for CFC! Canā€™t wait to see your submissions :smiley:

When it gets to picking the ā€œfinal 3ā€ - Iā€™m working on a fun new way to go through that process that Iā€™ll present next week when we kick off the thread. If youā€™re already planning on how to create your contract - remember weā€™re looking for Pride inspired contracts. :smiley:

25 Likes

Only 3 featured contracts? Why fewer? Is that because theyā€™re going to get more focus (i.e. words from the creators about them)?

Or will we just have to wait for answers? :wink: Very interested to see what this new formula of CFC is gonna bring

8 Likes

Im glad IOI put a halt to this commercial bullshit and embraced community contracts again. From the looks of it this shitā€™s horrible.

3 Likes

Interesting that it will only be 3. If community contracts are continuing past this season, will there be 2 batches of contracts? One using the traditional method and the second with this new method perhaps?

Yeah, although the timed contract here was certainly enough time to finish and perhaps experiment with, Iā€™m not too big a fan of contracts with what seem like arbitrary time limits. But, Iā€™ve thinking about the eventual ā€œSlothā€ sin for the deadly sins packā€¦ and how theyā€™ll likely use time limits somehow. Hopefully it will have more interesting uses of time (?), and not just tacked on as a complication.

1 Like

Shhhā€¦ you are peaking at my notes of ideas for Sloth. :wink:

2 Likes

Itā€™s because he REALLY wants us to wait for that final reward.

2 Likes

Or the award for the last tier isnā€™t in the current game files and needs to be added with the June patch.

I suspect it to be Goldballer, but maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

I think the Goldballer is the odds-on favourite, but IOI has surprised us before.

It could be the Goldballer, which I guess Iā€™d be okay with, but Iā€™d prefer something larger or more unique than just a pistol reskin.

1 Like