Escalation - The Jinzhen Incident

Hello all.

Below is the original post and under that you can see the actual information about the escalation.

Original Post

This is what I am expecting the new Chongqing escalation to be (and this months escalation).
Some of this information is from the files other is just me piecing it together.
Me speculating will be in italics unless specificed.

Images have been put into collapseable tabs to keep the footprint on this post small.

Information:

Name: The Jinzhen Incident
Codename: Magnolia
Escalation Group ID: 542108f2-f82f-4a04-bfec-efa92785fec1
# of Levels: 3
Summary: I assume that you are a homeless person as the two targets are in The Block and that the are complications based on The Block and that the thumbnail is 47 as a homeless person

Thumbnail

Targets:

These can show up in any level, I am assuming that at least one will be in Level 1, also may be more but I highly doubt it

Shihong Luo

Target Image:

Target Location - Security Floor (Alot of guards are here. I think it’s the 2nd or 3rd floor could be wrong.)

Hui Hou

Target Image:

Target Location - Hush’s Meditation Room (One guard, he is the one reparing it)

Kill Methods:

In the files there is “Eliminate X” and “Eliminate X with the Scrap Sword” (X being a targets name, the above targets are specfically mentioned here)

I think there could be one level without the scrap sword elimination method, not sure.

Unique objective:

This escalation has a unique objective.

"Retrieve the Scrap Sword"

Complications:

Normal Complications:

I am assuming that there will be some normal complications like don’t change disguise, restricted loadout. Looking at the files there is only one starting location so this is why I am assuming that the previous complications will be active

Unique Complications:

This escalation seems to have some unique complications.

"Rusty crowbars"

Description: “Some crowbars have changed position and rusted.”

I assume this ties in with the other unique complication. (Possibly final level?)

"Locked doors"

Description: “Doors in the Block are now locked.”

I assume this might come into play in the 2nd level and then it’s effect is amplified by rusty crowbars. This makes sense as all the targets are able to be reached via climbing (maybe minimal door unlocking if any)

There could be more objectives, complications or targets than what I said. I am just presenting and trying to piece together what I know/have.

Information:

Name: The Jinzhen Incident
Codename: Magnolia
Escalation Group ID: 542108f2-f82f-4a04-bfec-efa92785fec1
# of Levels: 3
Summary: The streets have spoken! Rise up from the alleyways and infiltrate the Chongqing facility to wreak havoc for the ultimate revenge!

Thumbnail

Targets:

Shihong Luo

Target Image:

Target Location - Security Floor (Alot of guards are here. I think it’s the 2nd or 3rd floor could be wrong.)

Hui Hou

Target Image:

Target Location - Hush’s Meditation Room (One guard, he is the one reparing it)

Levels:

All Levels

Level 1

Level 2

Added onto Level 1 objectives.

Level 3

Added onto Level 2 objectives and changed some.
Note that the “Do not kill any Non-Targets” complication is also added here.

Thanks for reading.

I have told you what I know. Do what you will.

20 Likes

Yeah, this’d be interesting if it actually unlocked the scrap sword as an item, too bad experience is easier for them to code.

I shall look into the unlockables, I doubt I will be able to find anything though.

1 Like

I hope they don’t give us every unique item as an unlockable, its a fun challenge for contracts when you have to locate it and get it around.

5 Likes

We just need more freedom to restrict loadouts or additional rules.

1 Like

Looking at the roadmap there isn’t any reward. It’s probably just the normal XP amount (I think 4,000).

1 Like

I have edited the original post in preparation for the release tomorrow. Will also comment when done.

1 Like

Genuinly surprised by how good this escalation is. It’s use of the block made me appreciate it’s verticality and smart window placement more. I liked the targets and the kill method in level 3 is a fun challenge. Overall a great escalation

1 Like

I enjoyed it, although it’s not as good as the DLC escalations. Which makes sense because IOI has to justify the price somehow. :wink: I can imagine that the rusty crowbars complication can be frustrating for someone who doesn’t know them map, but for me it wasn’t much of an issue. However, I stilled needed more than one attempt to find a good route to the second target. I feel the keypad doors make it a bit too easy, since you don’t need a crowbar for them.

Also, it seems like forced starting locations and a restricted loadout are the new standard. Only two escalation let you actually chose what items to bring and along and where to start.

cf3bfb7bb5fae704d0bfb47355b8d92@665x492_0xac120005_19800642141529048432

4 Likes

Played it. A good escalation with nice complications. The rusty crowbar forces the player to find new routes and takes pipes and other ways to reach the different targets. Overall, a good escalation.

Added information. Apologies for the wait.

https://youtu.be/k03HZnZ5wsUm

10 Likes

A decent escalation (especially for Chongqing). It utilised the 3 act structure perfectly, where every level felt like a reasonable and logical progression of the last. And I’m also a fan of how simple the complications/changes were but what a profound impact it had on play. Well played, IO :clap:

Also GG @Ibbe a beautiful run. Once again I must bow down to you in the leaderboards :wink: (my #3 to your #1)

7 Likes

I enjoyed this one. This escalation really tests your knowledge of the map, and having played this map a lot because of contracts, it really helped for a nice quick run.

I’m a true Chuck Norris of this game, out of a total of 500 runs mine ranked #501. Mum always used to tell me I was special.

If anybody else watched “The Fall and Rise of Hitman” documentary on YT, they’ll probably agree that this escalation is a perfect depiction of the “Swiss cheese” concept.

7 Likes

Wait, how were you able to use a single crowbar on 2 different doors? Doesn’t it break after a single use?

It looks like it is chance based. Probably 50/50, there is a chance it will break or it won’t break. RNG luck.

I’ve used it multiple times now and it always break with the first contact (pacifying, throwing, opening doors). So, I went ahead and checked and that particular door (first one in the video) is the one on which it doesn’t break for some reason. Probably another one of those bugs lol.

1 Like

Possibly a bug. Wouldn’t surprise me.