Square Enix's AVENGERS Game

This is what Square Enix was forced to sacrifice its relationship with IOI for…

Do you all think it was worth it?

1 Like

Categorically NOT worth it.

Where the fuck is the X-Men game? They are way fucking cooler than the Avengers.

2 Likes

I’m a bit concerned they didn’t show any gameplay and instead showed a lot of cinematics that seem to lift heavily from the Banner-Stark dynamic of the AVENGERS films.

Also a bit non-plussed by yet another “Avengers Dissassembled” premise… They did this to kick off CIVIL WAR and they’re doing it again…

I liked it better when the leaks made it appear like you could customize your OWN superhero (May 30 Leak), rather than just the base Marvel characters (todays confirmation).

1 Like

Mate trust me you don’t ever want to read the legit “Avengers Disassembled” storyline. What a fucking shit show it was.

But yeah them working as a team is why the films (is the games based more on the films or the comics) work well. Even I know that and never even saw Avengers more than once.

1 Like

Also, I know I brought it up… but I want to try and hold off my bias for HITMAN and IOI from tainting this unveiling. But I just wanted everyone here who had strong feelings about that split to just remember that for SE there was a lot at stake and this reveal is sort of our first real look at what was on the table.

Right now the only thing I can see is that it looks pretty expensive. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They better add X-Men or work on an X-Man game. Only two mainstream Marvel brands matter: Spider-Man and X-Men.

2 Likes

I always find it a bit puzzling that X-MEN as a property keeps struggling…

https://www.the-numbers.com/news/239520830-Thursday-Night-Previews-Dark-Phoenix-Sinks-Below-Apocalypse

I was talking about comics. But with the movies it is because X-Men got to involved with the nonsense timelines, alternate realities and never ever showing the X-men having moved forward in their goals for mutant equality. Sort of like the comics now.

1 Like

Avengers, Cyberpunk and Call of Duty are the only games I’m interested in buying.

1 Like

I’m not sold on this game, it worries me a lot that they didn’t show any kind of gameplay. Also if the gameplay looks to good to be true, then it probably is. So many games gets a downgrade…especially towards the end of a console generation.

So far I’m looking forward to

1. Cyperpunk.
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
  3. Rainbow Six Quarantine .

My Mrs is huge into Marvel, so as long as this game looks pretty good and they go the rumoured route of a Destiny-esque always online, co-op optional system, I’ll be getting two copies and doing a co-op playthrough with her, for sure!

1 Like

This trailer proves again, that without Hawkeye everything goes straight to hell.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hawkeye (Clint Barton) has had one fantastic must-read run in the 60 years he has been a character. The comics forgot him worse than the movies and honestly it is for good reason.

1 Like

I think the cast is good, but the hair on Thor needs work. I appreciate how the game is following a more character/narrative-driven story rather then the oooo ahhh explosions of some super hero games.

We don’t talk about Square Enix round these parts any more…

2 Likes

So this is the game they trashed Deus Ex for. Hopefully the second half of DX: MD comes out soon, :cry:

1 Like