Summer Games Fest/ "E3 Season" 2022 Thread

We had a topic like this last year, I figured it would be nice to contain this year’s events and reveals to a new thread again!

E3 is cancelled again, but the game reveals and showcases still live on in new digital showcases from increasingly different companies.

We just had the Sony State of Play for June, and as of writing, there’s still plenty more coming in the next week or two.

• Coming up, we have the The Upload VR Showcase on June 9th
  • Soon after that there’s the big Summer Game Fest 2022 Livestream also June 9th
  • After that on the same day, the return of the annual Devolver Digital showcase.
  • With Netflix throwing their hat in the publishing/mobile gaming ring, their Geeked Week Gaming event is on June 10th
  • New York’s Tribeca Games Showcase is right after that too on June 10
  • Guerrilla Collective has their own annual livestream of reveals on June 11th
  • Following that, there’s the return of Wholesome Games Direct livestream. All about non-violent, feel-good games.
  • Future Games Show, focused more on indies as well, happens on June 12th
  • And finally, for now, the Xbox + Bethesda stream on June 12th, with an extended showcase on June 14th

No word on Nintendo, but they always have a direct around now, and they always reveal it 2-3 days ahead.

9 Likes

i’ve already preordered Stray, i’ve been waiting for that game since 2015 and it was dead silent for a bit. when it was revealed as “Stray” i literally jumped out of my seat :’)

i’m also looking forward to kojima’s new game. i think horror is what he’s good at, so i’m glad he’s going in that direction

5 Likes

I didn’t know Kojima was working on a new horror game. That should be cool.

I didn’t know what he was working on, other than possibly a Death Stranding 2, given a recent Norman Reedus interview slip (and kojima posting fun threatening images of him with a bat in response to it)

3 Likes

anyone have a VR system and interested in new VR games, check this out in half an hour

2 Likes

Summer Game Fest showcase in half an hour!

https://youtu.be/RFO4BJbdpPg

1 Like

New Aliens game revealed with a cinematic trailer.
I thought… didn’t we just get one with Aliens Fireteam?

Actually, no, given the last 20 seconds. This is an isometric top-down shooter instead. Didn’t expect that.
Aliens: Dark Descent it’s called.

2 Likes

Imagine showing off your movie trailer (and a drink ad too) in a games livestream

Thanks Dwayne Johnson. Thanks Geoff.

2 Likes

Summer Snooze Fest :sleeping:

2 Likes

Damn, ok.

Props to Geoff for providing an update on an announced game – Replaced.
But that the Devs can’t provide an update on the game cause of the Ukraine war.

Also that Goat Simulator 3 trailer (when was there a second one?) was genius.

Legit almost believed for a second it was a Dead Island 2 reveal again but with worse graphics. Such a fun, smart way to reveal something so unexpected

2 Likes

No, they intentionally skipped to 3 as a joke.

2 Likes

Is it just me or do a lot of games lately use the same cellshaded graphics? Horribly boring imo.

1 Like

I think it is just you, I find it odd that half the damn games shown so far are sci-fi horror games.

4 Likes

Oh shit they showed off an anime space game now that is real sci-fi horror.

2 Likes

At least Shredders Revenge is going to be awesome for a 32 year old boomer like me.

2 Likes

Well yeah, you are well in the sole demographic for the game.

3 Likes

At the very least I’ve heard of Midnight Fight Express before and I’m excited for that release
Glad to finally have a full trailer and august release date

Also Steam Demo! Woo!

1 Like

The Japanese understand how boring football is so the new Mario spices it up.

3 Likes

I have so many jokes I could make about that Metal music shooter but they are all too dark and too soon.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed Strikers Charged Football on the wii, and I’ve ordered the new one too, but I’m not sure if it will live up to the predecessor.
Nintendo is kinda shit lately.

2 Likes

oh jeez buddy

Well I think it looks cool.
Like an FPS DOOM but as a literal rhythm game? Neato

1 Like