Summer Roadmap 2023 Thread

20 Likes

It‘s very real.

Source: IO Interactive

13 Likes

I’m guessing this week is a “gap week” with nothing getting added. April and May weirdly skipped the first week of each month and just had nothing. :confused:

9 Likes

I think they might update all the starting location images where 47’s H1 and H2 faces are used because they did this for the chef starting location on the isle of sgail with the last update
But that was because the wrong hat was used in the image so who knows maybe its the only one they will ever change

10 Likes

November - Snow festival, Holiday Hoarder Create Contract mode👍

6 Likes

My biggest hopes for Summer and the rest of Year 3 in addition to already promised stuff:

Bringing back some or all of the 38 Hitman 2016 escalations which were never ported to Hitman 2 or 3.

Bringing back some or all of the 111 challenges from 2016’s and 2’s maps which were cut out of Hitman 3.

Releasing The Brothers with Orlando and Renzo Caruso on A House Built on Sand as an official ET.

Most of the work for this stuff has already been done in past games (apparently the challenges are even still in Hitman 3’s files) and bringing this stuff back would be a relatively easy way to add more substantial weekly content than just a single challenge, 3 ETs which have already appeared several times, and a batch of FCs a month.

11 Likes

Stadia stuff being finally unleashed would be nice to see.

14 Likes

The escalations they kept are definitely enough imo
Many challenges from 2016 were just to use a starting location but i would like challenge packs back
I still have some hope for the Sarajevo six
And they really should reactivate year 1 ets so steam players can do them

5 Likes

My speculation on what the unlock is going to be is either the Tropical Island suit (Haven Island starting suit), or the Haven Island Swimwear.

Swimwear

They fit the theme of Summer, and are already in the game, just not unlockable yet. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s something else. If so, I have no idea what it could be. The only other thing I can think of that’s already in the game and fits the theme of Summer, is the water canister from Freelancer.

22 Likes

I still dont understand why they didnt give us this beach suit… i tried to search for this in Mod or something and see nothing too : (

5 Likes

I forgot they promised to add those into the game for all platforms “in a future patch”. Maybe we’ll see those in this summer roadmap? :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Tropical islander with gloves would be very nice

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that one would be neat. Assuming they´d finally bother to fix the clipping issues on it after 2,5 years…

6 Likes

New challenge unlocks on every month nice

2 Likes

for summer please the beach suit and the subject 47

1 Like

August sounds like it’s gonna be insane, like, believe me, insanity

5 Likes

Why? Because of the game update, or just a hunch you have?

3 Likes

Somewhere in between

2 Likes

I don’t think it will be for the summer roadmap (or at least until the patch in August), but I’m curious on what the escalation talked about in the spring roadmap article will be.

With Freelancer (for the spirit), and the Arcade (for the mechanic) way of doing things, I’m curious to see if an escalation going to different maps will be made.

Looking at what was made in mods, part of me hopes for a “we made an escalation campaign calling back to the old games using all of the maps”.

As for the roadmap itself : the largest issue I had with Spring was the lack of unlocks. I understand why, with the patch, but it was still felt. Going back to one unlock a month will feel good :slight_smile: .

9 Likes

August is gonna be great, trust me

6 Likes