Swangtheugly’s HITMAN lll - Giveaway

August 6th, 2020 1:19 PM

Introduction
Well everyone, a bet is a bet and as I tend to stick to my promises here we are. In light of recent event’s regarding pre-orders, and the confirmation that the ever so elusive weapon known as the Black Baller will finally make it’s official debut in HITMAN lll after years and years of campaigning by @badeaguard as a preorder bonus I might as well do my first giveaway for such an occasion.

This is enough confirmation for me so as a way to celebrate Alex’s campaign now seems like a perfect time to do this. I hope to bring someone joy for whoever it may be since not everyone can afford a $60-$80 game, but now we got to get to the boring rules surrounding this giveaway.

Rules

Have A Profile on HITMAN Forum and make sure to have the Basic Badge or (Member/Regular/Above)

Like The Original Post

Reply To The Original Post About Your Favorite Moment In The HITMAN Series Of Games/HITMAN Related And Your Console/Platform Of Choice NOTE: I WONT BE GIFTING KEYS FOR THE EPIC GAME STORE AND OR STADIA RULES REGARDING HOW SAID USER WILL OBTAIN THEIR GAME ARE IN THE APPROPRIATE SECTION BELOW

FOR STEAM USERS

If a Steam User Qualifies and Wins the Giveaway you will have a choice of between a Steam Gift Card of Equal Price for the Standard Edition where you can spend on whatever you want or you can wait for HITMAN 3’s Launch on Steam in 2022 and to compensate for your wait I’ll gift you the (Deluxe Edition of HITMAN 3 (DIGITAL).

FOR EPIC AND STADIA USERS

If a user using The Epic Game Store or Stadia qualifies and wins they will be entitled to a one time cash payment covering the cost of HITMAN lll Standard Edition excluding applicable tax Payment will be done through PayPal, Venmo, or Cash App.

FOR CONSOLE USERS

If a Console User Qualifies and Wins the Giveaway you will be entitled to a copy of HITMAN lll Standard Edition (DIGITAL) on Xbox One or Playstation 4. Next Generation Upgrades of HITMAN lll are offered Free of Charge for PS5 and Xbox Series X. NOTE: I AM NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY REGION LOCKED ISSUES ON YOUR CONSOLES SINCE I’M PURCHASING OFF THE NA STOREFRONTS BUT ALTERNATIVES WILL BE AVAILABLE IF REQUESTED BY AN INTERNATIONAL USER

the winner will be chosen on October 2nd 2020
paypal and other cash handling applications will be a viable option if need be and receipts will be shown if asked

Best of luck to everyone!

-Swangtheugly

46 Likes

Damn, well done Swang, living up to the promise

Wish you hadn’t told everyone tho so I could’ve secretly brought it up and got the copy :wink:

Also to clarify, when you say

Do you mean all the Hitman games or Hitman 2016 and 2018? I presume the latter

5 Likes

I’m honored for being nominated :smile: Yes that is the Blackballer 100% and I confirm it.

My favorite moment goes back a long way with Absolution.
Despite a lot of fans don’t like Absolution for me it was the revival of my passion for Hitman. After Blood Money ended there were so many years of silence that this series for me became something to remember from my teen years but when they announced a new Hitman game that lost passion came back in a heartbeat stronger than before.
So my favorite moment is this, the announcement of Absolution.

10 Likes

The whole series so between C47-HITMAN 2

3 Likes

Well shit, looks like I’ll have to go find that Rule 34 shit. Just in case :wink:

My favourite moment so far has been: “I say it’s time we break a few rules.” Ether: because family comes first. Wham. Done. He’s her family and she walking into this with her eyes open just like the woman on the billboard. Excellent example of the writers’ deft touch with environmental storytelling.

We haven’t picked a next gen console at Chez Bourbon but I’m sure we’ll have it sorted out by November.

5 Likes

Imma try to win this for my life partner.

Alright for Steam: my favourite moment in the Hitman series was playing A Dance with the Devil the first time and getting silent assassin without a sweat, but I didn’t know about the assassins so in the middle of my run a lady comes into the room with me and starts backflipping so I catch her mid flip with my fibre wire and take her out. Brilliant twist to play on the player

7 Likes

Well, seeing as this is happening :wink: I’m a PS player

I’d say my favourite moment in the HITMAN series was when the mechanics just all clicked for me. I first got into the series through Absolution and despite it being an imperfect game I didn’t have many games so I played the hell out of it (especially Blackwater Park.) But I didn’t have a real understand of what Hitman really should be, I more enjoyed just silently killing everyone in the penthouse :sweat_smile:

So when I picked up Hitman 2016 I was a bit thrown off by the learning curve. I struggled my way through the training missions and Paris. Then I can’t remember how I played the rest of the levels (maybe out of order) but I got to Colorado. Now Colorado had double the targets and no public areas so I was high alert the whole time, noticing where guards were moving and trying to avoid them. I got caught once of twice and had to restart. But at some point during these restarts and running the same start I remember just seeing the NPCs, not as people, but as more mechanical parts, where I could time their movements, or play with their AI. So I progressed through Colorado like this, luring NPCs, learning the targets cycles through instinct mode (and probably pacifying an ungodly number of NPCs.) So ironically it took the least Hitmany level of 2016 to teach me how to play the game. And now 4 years down the line, I still find it the most mechanically sophisticated and interesting games I’ve ever played (plus I got to go back and play all the old games :grin:)

And that’s my favourite moment because that’s the moment Hitman as a whole series became so much more to me than another video game

Anyways, rant over, again big ups to @Swangtheugly for this competition :+1:

6 Likes

@Swangtheugly so how do you determine the winner? Is it based on your favourite anecdote or is it just RNG on all qualifying posts?

I won’t be taking part, but it is great that you are holding this.

4 Likes

I’m not taking part but wanted to say, this is awesome from you @Swangtheugly

5 Likes

RNG, the favorite part is specifically to share our love of the franchise since HITMAN 3 will be the last game for awhile presumably.

3 Likes

A man of his word then, respect. :+1:

My favorite moment is when I got to play HITMAN 2 for the first time. I was in military at the time and that week we had one of our most unpleasant trainings, even when it wasn’t that long. We had to endure that shitty weather for five days in the forest, but I knew that the game was coming out on Friday and I’d get to play it for the whole weekend. Probably the longest five days of my life but the game was worth the wait.

I’m a PC guy, don’t know if I would keep the game myself though since I will get it on EGS, even though I might decide to get in on a Steam sale later.

6 Likes

but Blackballer already was in prevoius Hitman2!

Hello and thank you for this competition, I am a long time lurker here, I guess it is time for me to post something now haha.

I am a steam user but I planned to buy h3 on 2 systems so if could get one for free it would be great lol.

My favorite moment was during the mission jacuzzi job in h2 sa (which was my first hitman and game), I used to play the game like an mass shooting simulation but then I tried to be stealthy for the first time. I started to give more attention to the environment and the design of the mission and it was at this moment that I fell in love with the serie, watching a city full of life, the traffic, all the skyscraper, the sound of the weather and the beautiful soundtrack of the game. It was at this moment hitman became my favorite video game.

2 Likes

What a fun idea @Swangtheugly!!! Please do not consider me for the giveaway. I have already pre-ordered and I’d prefer someone else wins the free copy of the game, but I love that you’re holding up your end of the bet and this is such a fun idea that wanted to participate, so here is my favourite moment…

It has got to be part in Landslide where 47 can use the “eye in the sky” guys radio to whisper into Abiattis ear to tell him the union boss has moved up their meeting. Not only does this set up 1 of many amazing kills in the level, but it also shows the time and detail IO put into the levels and stories inside them. Good luck to everyone in the giveaway, and thanks again SWANG for holding up your end of the bet.

3 Likes

oh god now you’ve done it

3 Likes

Xbox One

Favourite story moment - the intro cinematic after the ICA Training Facility. The recap of previous games, music, and voice-over all works great together, setting the tone of the game(s).

Favourite gameplay moment - I could go the cliché moment and say getting all the challenges, but I’m going to go with the various assassinations of Jordan Cross. Just something about him makes me want to smash his face into his vegan birthday cake / push him off the building / electrocute him / poison him / shoot him…

Favourite personal moment - being selected for a Featured Contract. I just had a feeling when creating it that I had something, and getting selected to join the company of the active members and contract creators felt amazing. Having a second contract was good (though I was surprised it was picked as I struggled getting one right for submission), but like a girlfriend, you always remember your first one.

Looking forward to the third game.

3 Likes

You better watch out…

2 Likes

My favourite Hitman moment is the end of Contracts, with the mission Hunter and Hunted.

What I like about it is that at first it’s so cumbersome that you really don’t know what to do, being completely overcome by the special forces and you gotta find a way to kill a target in the middle of this mess.

Doing it Silent Assassin/Suit Only was of my first most rewarding experiences with the franchise, not only for achieving something apprently impossible but doing it in a fair amount of time and by using the trusty WA2000 sniper rifle.

FInally, the best part is that ending the mission with your suit by escaping in the PM vehicle is a short lived but badass sequence where 47 pulls some pretty slick driving skills to evade the cops. Wish there were more of this kind of getaways.

If a win, I’m on Xbox One.

5 Likes

Not sure if this counts but my favorite Hitman Moment isnt in the Games, for me it was joining this Community. Pathetic, i know :smile:

My favorite ingame Moment was definitely beating Codename 47 for the first time and see the final Cutscene. The best Line of Dialogue in the Series isn’t said by 47, its said by Ortmeyer.

What good is a Bulletproof Vest, when death strikes from within?

Edit: Also best of luck to all of you Guys and
shoutout to @Swangtheugly for honoring his bet!
Also I’ll play on PS5 :wink:

9 Likes

Very nice of you @Swangtheugly

4 Likes