The Bartholomew Hornswoggle

011_Bartholomew_Hornswoggle-1024x576%20(1)

Released November 28th 2019 for Haven Island

Level 1

• Retrieve a map piece (x3)
  • Dig up the Pirate booty

[Note: the last step can be bypassed by bringing Jarl’s Pirate Saber in your loadout]

Level 2

• Eliminate 8 targets with Jarl’s Pirate Saber
  • Restricted Loadout
    • Pirate Costume
    • Jarl’s Pirate Saber
  • No Disguise Change

[Note: If you have a hidden stash in the Buried in Sand spot will carry over to Level 2] thanks @Anti-Gravitas

Level 3

• Eliminate 2 targets with Cannons
  • Eliminate 8 targets with Jarl’s Pirate Saber
  • Restricted Loadout
    • Pirate Costume
    • Jarl’s Pirate Saber
  • No Disguise Change

[Note: Cannons added to the island and targets drop cannon balls]

Unlocks

The Buccaneer

IMG_20191128_132605

Spread fear across the 47 seas in this classic pirate outfit, with eye patch to boot. Wooden leg and parrot not included.

13 Likes

You can paste this, saving you some time :wink:

Level 1

• Retrive the 3 treasure map pieces
  • Hidden Treasure - Dig up the Pirate booty
Level 2
  • Restricted Loadout (The Buccaneer + Pirate Saber)
  • Kill 8 targets with the Pirate Saber
  • No Disguise Changes
Level 3
  • Restricted Loadout (The Buccaneer + Pirate Saber)
  • No Disguise Changes
  • Eliminate Earl White with a Cannon
  • Eliminate Ashely Montague with a Cannon
8 Likes

Wow level 3 is crazy.

3 Likes

You can bypass the end of Level 1 by bringing Jarl’s Saber with you in your loadout

3 Likes

I’ve also noticed that, despite the restricted loadout condition, the agency pickup icon from the first level still shows up. (Unfortunately, mine was in the restaurant storage room, so I haven’t been over there to make sure it’s my phone.)

I’m thinking if you smuggle something into the Buried in Sand pickup on Level 1, it might come in handy on the last two levels.

5 Likes

If you have a hidden stash in the Buried in Sand spot then that item will carry over to Level 2 hehe.

Yup. I have my Kruger lol :+1:

3 Likes

Where are the cannons ?

They’re added to the island, very cool stuff. IO has impressed me here

2 Likes

Fuckn’ lol at the description.

9 Likes
Mr.Freeze will be pissed about and ignore this escalation

Level 3

3 Likes

Assuming he does these escalations.

it seems like the Buccaneer reuses no preexisting assets from other suits. also the texture quality is better than alot of H2 suits as well. what’s up with that?

personally, i think the suit was originally gonna be a disguise for Haven, but it might not have been finished in time for the Haven release deadline. it was probably gonna be Haven’s “joke” disguise. most joke disguises in Hitman are high quality + use no preexisting assets. so it would make sense.

7 Likes

This outfit seems to be the same case as the trenchcoat for The New Yorker, wich also is well detailed and of higher resolution than other H2 suits.

1 Like

That’s kinda annoying, I definitely use the in-level 'joke" costumes more than the unlockable ones. Mainly because the in-level ones you can use for disguise requirements in contracts. But people almost never use the ‘Suit’ you want coz you can’t specify it :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

which is weird because the trenchcoat was made for Jin Noo. why would the Sniper Assassin targets need super high quality textures? :thinking:

Only explanation I can make up is that different devs work with different preferences.

My depth perception is a little off with this eye patch on

7 Likes

Fun fact, this escalation gives you infinite gunpowder, which means we finally have a way of making chain explosions at whatever size you wish.

17 Likes

Huh, the disguise has a unique sound to it, when walking around - not sure if that’s supposed to be leather rubbing and squeaking or metal clapping.

Edit: And this disguise uses different eye texture for 47, weird! My retexture does not work when using this outfit.

3 Likes