The Best Hitman Soundtrack (Hitman Forum Game)

I love that score for some of the weirder pieces like the asylum theme but overall BM’s one surpasses Contracts’es one.

When I first played Contracts and heard the bagpipe music in Beldingford Mission, I thought - wow, cool, a bagpipe in a British mission, that’s very thematic! But then I heard the same song in most other levels of the game, including Chinese missions… yeah. I have to agree that Contracts soundtrack lacks variety to some extent. It’s still very good, but I think it’s number 2. Apocalypse alone destroys pretty much anything Contracts has to offer.

Hitman: Codename 47 [12]
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [26]
Hitman: Contracts [34] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [28] +1
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [14]

I just remember what I forgot to mention. The diegetic music is better in Contracts than in BM. The biker club theme is pretty good but I’m not a fan of the vocals there.

BM’s score isn’t bad, but it lacks thematic clarity and feels too fragmented. There might be one or two nice tracks, but it doesn’t flow as well as a body of work. I don’t see a sense of direction or uniform theme to it, it’s a mash-up of what we’ve already seen from Kyd in the past two games.

Apocalypse for example is clearly influenced by the orchestral tones of SA, but it’s way too dramatic and I remember being surprised it featured in the game; as it was originally used for one of the trailers where it made sense.

Hitman: Contracts [35] +1
Hitman: Blood Money [28]
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [12] -2

imo, BM just had too much variation for what the game was. the tracks that were standout were the ones like Apocalypse, with the very grand orchestral pieces. but then it fades off into a very messy OST. in Contracts i just feel like Kyd was more focused and knew that he had to make dark pieces. the main theme fits with the rest of the game. the main theme in BM would be fine if he decided to stick with similar themes :confused:

Hitman: Contracts [33] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [29] +1
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [12]

I believe that one track from Contracts is actually a track from Blood Money backwards.

indeed it is

jzgjzti

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [26] +1
Hitman: Contracts [33]
Hitman: Blood Money [29]
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [12] -2

don’t mind me, just over here bootin’ up Silent Assassin’s score…

Hitman: Contracts [34] +1
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [10] -2

I know Absolution’s been eliminated, but I’d thought I’d bring this up. Quinn showed this to me, Absolution apparently has quite a few of these tracks (along with the passive themes, like the Contracts/Agency theme). Not too bad.

Hitman: Contracts [35] +1
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [8] -2

If I recall, Contracts was the first one to install a dynamic ambiant. When 47 gets spotted and a shooting starts, the music began to soar. There’s even a soundtrack called “47 Detected”.

Furthermore, the music was omnipresent ; it was a central element of the gameplay, dreamlike sometimes, in which 47 didn’t have much interactions compared to HITMAN (2016) where you can do a lot of stuff (music off) and get caught by the immersion thanks to the realism.

Hitman: Contracts [36] +1
Hitman: Blood Money [27] -2
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [8]

Hitman: Contracts [37] +1
Hitman: Blood Money [25] -2
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [8]

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [27] +1
Hitman: Contracts [37]
Hitman: Blood Money [25]
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [6] -2

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [27]
Hitman: Contracts [35] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [26] +1
Hitman GO/Hitman Sniper [6]

Hitman: Codename 47 [13] +1
Hitman: Contracts [33] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [26]

Contracts is good, but bit is always around the same idea. No real variation. And C47’s main theme is amazing, my 2nd best with H2 as my fav

Hitman: Codename 47 [13]
Hitman: Contracts [31] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [27] +1

Hitman: Codename 47 [13]
Hitman: Contracts [29] -2
Hitman: Blood Money [28] +1