The Booze Thread

Looks tasty. What’s that consist of?

Equal parts gin, Campari and sweet red vermouth.

2 Likes

And with whiskey instead of gin it’s a Boulevardier, and with Prosecco instead of gin it’s a Spagliato.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! It’s 10am for me but I’m already mentally planning what bottle of wine I’ll be cracking open later…

3 Likes

It’s Christmas, 10am is a perfectly cromulent time to get started on the booze!

4 Likes

There is Irish cream in my coffee. Five Farms, not Baileys

Also, thank you for using “cromulent”. My partner never gets it when I say that, hehe.

4 Likes

I’m spending New Year’s eve in Japan!

Happy New Year everyone.
Kanpai. :champagne::tada::tumbler_glass::fire:

14 Likes

Enjoying a Japanese whisky and watching Another Round.

10 Likes

I’ve been completely off the booze for 3.5 years now, apart from a traditional glass of Baileys with the family on Christmas day. Have a responsible and fun NYE yall

11 Likes

Happy New Year folks! I’ll be opening Recaredo Corpinnat Rosat, mmm.

Just for reference and curiosity, let me tell you the prices for those whiskies at my shop in New York. This will certainly flabbergast you.

Yamasaki 12– $227
Hakushu 12– $272
Yoichi— $116

So yeah, enjoy Japan!

Edit: and Norway and England! (?)
Edit dos: Denmark?

8 Likes

Lol, full disclosure, my version of a “night in Japan” might actually just be in a cold, drizzly North London :wink:

But yeah, the prices are crazy now hence why those bottles only come out of the cupboard maybe once or twice a year on special occasions!

4 Likes

Bit disappointing to learn that Japan was a the bottom of a bottle. Have you been there? I visited Japan in April 2023. Even had the pleasure of my own local Tokyo guide @Rimland.

4 Likes

Yeah apologies man, looking back at my post, it didn’t even cross my mind for anyone to think it was literal but I should have clarified it was symbolic for online purposes.

I saw your posts and pics from your visit, I haven’t been yet, but as a fellow lover of Japanese culture I fully intend to, definitely a bucket list adventure.

3 Likes

Last night’s lineup. Afternoon vintage champagne, martini intermission (not pictured: olive juice), and a lovely Spanish sparkling rosé. Santé, cheers, y salud!

6 Likes

After a long day at work I treat myself to a beer and some Hitman. I even let 47 have a sip (although I guess he would never drink).

PS: Had to buy Budweiser, usually buy my local beer but the store on my way home didn’t have any…

4 Likes

What’s the local beer you like?

I really love the simple lager of Schützengarten: Lager Hell - Schützengarten

Sometimes a solid lager is all you need. Especially on a hot day. I don’t think I have tried that one but simple lager is hard to mess up (San Miguel I am looking at you!!!).

2 Likes

We went to a speakeasy we like; they have their own cocktails on the menu. Always good stuff for tonight I had about 6 of these. I may try making it at home even.

BREAKING THE LAWS bourbon & rye, spiced guava, black tea,
lemon, bitters
it’s a whiskey sour with extremely good whiskey