The Chicken's "2020 Sucks" Steam Key Giveaway [Raffle period over]

Hey.
2020 Sucks. Quarantine Sucks Too. We’re all cooped up inside, so why not play some video games.

The Raffle/Giveaway period is over. Any remaining codes are on a first-come, first-claimed basis. Pick what you like, but don’t be a jerk about it.

Keep in mind I’ve posted this on another forum I frequent for a larger sample pool, so some people from one site might be faster than others to claim something. I’ll double-check the posting time if that happens. Best of luck!

I’ve organised the list into a 3-tier system.

1. The Best Games on Steam (Very to Overwhelmingly Positive – 5,000+ reviews),

2. The Games that are great but with a low adoption count (Mostly to Very Positive – between 500 and 5,000 reviews)

3. The Games that are good but short, or have some worrying issues (under 500 reviews, some notable negative reviews)

THE BIG-NAME BREAKOUT HITS

THE MID-TIER “MIGHT ENJOY”

THE SMALL-SCALE SHOVELWARE SORT OF?

Want to get games but afraid of increasing your Backlog? Follow this mantra: What games do I already own, want to play, but haven’t? Will I play this game as soon as I buy redeem it? How long have I wanted this game?

Then judge for yourself if it’s worth getting, or it’s just going to sit in your library till the end of time.

6 Likes

(Check the link behind “Frog Detective”, you inserted the wrong one)
Okay I throw my hat into this. I am only interested in one as I don’t want to build up my backlog:

Hacknet
(I have this in my wish list for long now and always wanted to play it but never really decided to pay for it. My lucky day?)

2 Likes

Thanks. Fixed it.
I feel like I should have some sort of minimum comment/existence quota so newbies don’t make an account just for this (though I’m sure it’s self-explanatory to not do that). I’m unsure what to set it as. 50? 100 comments?

Hacknet is a great, fun game. Hopefully it is your lucky day, but I’m drawing the names next week. Need to keep this open long enough for enough people to apply for codes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can advocate for Hand of Fate 2! (Or, at least the first game in the franchise.) Very fun deck-building RPG Action rogue-lite. I haven’t played the sequel, but I’m sure it improves on the original.

1 Like

I too, may throw my hat into the ring.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
This isn’t so much for me, but for my younger brother. And me, a bit :wink: . Driving games are pretty fun and I don’t have many anymore, only Forza. When I was younger I had pretty much only driving games on the PS3.
Think of the Children
Looks pretty interesting and fun. And I see no reason why not to pick one, I have my games fairly sorted out.

Thanks for this opportunity. Good luck to everyone else!

1 Like

Nice incentive of you. I’m rolling for

Satellite Reign, as I hope this is similar to Shadow Tactics in a more modern setting. I’ve been thinking about getting it on and off, but the comments about how clunky AI is and 4 character coordination real time without pause held me off. This may be the time to try it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Void Bastards
Gives System Shock 2 vibes and cell shading looks totally awesome

1 Like

it’s a cool game, if you play it, don’t put all exp into stealth, otherwise the endgame enemies will fuck you up

1 Like

Don’t think I forgot about this.

Put your names in before 8pm ET tomorrow for a chance to win stuff. (some are a guaranteed win since some games have zero applicants)

1 Like

Hollow Knight
I’ve heard some good things about it and wanted to check it out.
Void Bastards
Seems like an interesting game. The graphics are also cool.

1 Like

Really appreciate you doing this.
I’ll go with hollow knight

1 Like

Okay, as you probably know by now, submissions are closed. I’ll put the lists through a randomizer, announce the winners and give out the codes tomorrow morning.
(Sorry, it’s getting late here. I’ve been busy with some weekend school work.)

The codes I don’t give away will be first-come first-served. Though, please be nice and don’t take 'em all at once.

2 Likes

We have our winners! The following games go to the following people:
HIGH TIER
Hollow Knight: InfraMoon

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Sapienzafication47

Duck Game: Blind Sniper

Hacknet: Urben

Machinarium: Lupinb0y

MID TIER
Hand of Fate 2: Pipas

Mr. Shifty: DeliciousDeku

Void Bastards: Vrubayka

Paradigm: Lupinb0y

Satellite Reign: Pilz

Tower of Guns: Blind Sniper

LOW TIER
Paperbark: Cocoa2736

The Adventure Pals: DeliciousDeku

Death Squared: 4k60fpsHDR

The Gardens Between: Blind Sniper

The Stillness of the Wind: Blind Sniper

Think of the Children: Sapienzafication47

Paper Fire Rookie: Zombiekiller3121

I’ll be sending out your codes now through PMs. Thank you for your patience, and thank you to all who participated.

Any games not given away are a first-come first-served basis. Please comment below for your pick(s). I’ll also be removing the claimed games from the list soon too.

3 Likes