The Funny Pictures/ Video Thread

Seems like just a weird bug they came across, that kept their mouse from aligning correctly
(Still, the fact it took them so long to realise they could accept it with the keyboard is a bit funny)

2 Likes

7 Likes

Ooh… a P5 meme. Pretty uncommon here, but I feel that @Silvereyes might appreciate it. :innocent:

Speaking of which, have you both watched the anime adaptation version of Persona 5? If so, what are your thoughts? I didn’t play any of the previous games or P5 itself, nor watched any previous anime series, but I find it pretty intriguing to see the main characters forming a crew to tackle more and more targets’ palaces. The TV series ended at a very strange plot point, but I suppose that’s where I need to find the unreleased final episodes somewhere else.

4 Likes

P5R is in some of the Black Friday sales, still a bit expensive but I really do highly recommend it, especially if you enjoyed the anime series. P3P and P4G are getting ported to everything on January 19th, hopefully for lower prices, like that of P4G on Steam.

I’m afraid I haven’t and to be honest I’ve heard very few good things about it. Animation errors, the anime not really adding much to the game’s story, any changes made are for the worse etc. Spoiler for the first Palace/episode 3 of the anime: (Probably the plot change I know about is that in the first Palace, they change the order of when Ann gets her Persona. In the game, she gets it not much longer after Ryuji and it is up to all 4 of them to secure the infiltration route. Whereas in the anime, only Ryuji, Ren, and Morgana secure the Infiltration route, then Ann getting her Persona happens afterwards, from what I understand?) I hear the Day Breakers OVA, which was released right before vanilla P5 came out is meant to be pretty good, but aside from that, I’ve really just heard that the P5 Animation is just very “unessential”, although I suppose that only applies if you have access to the game, which only became widely accessible very recently. Still it sounds like you enjoyed it? I suppose it will be interesting playing the game afterwards and seeing how things are done differently.

There are a few anime adaptations of Persona games. They gave Persona 3 four movies to tell the story of that game. Really want to watch them actually, if purely because the animation quality seems to be a lot higher due to them being movies rather than TV episodes. Persona 4 The Animation seems to be seen as a bit of a high bar for an adaptation, although I think it helps that P4’s setting and plot probably leads itself better to television, than P5. There is also Persona 4 Golden The Animation, released three years after the first P4 Animation series, serving to tie-in with elements intoduced in the Persona 4 Golden re-release. It’s, kindof weird? From what I understand the Golden episodes jump all around the P4 timeline, making it seem like an expansion pack to the P4 Animation, I’ve never really heard of anything like it. And finally there is Trinity Soul. If Atlus doesn’t care about Persona 1 and 2, they really don’t care about Trinity Soul, an anime not based on a Persona title but instead has its own cast and ideas. Pretty forgotten about it, it came out before Persona 4, and considering the way the franchise would move with P4 and P5, Trinity Soul feels like a weird little thing that happened. A series I want to watch if purely out of curiosity.

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Well yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the anime series for a few reasons:

• Strong cast of VA (Japanese ver.) and cool soundtracks, both of which are presented in the main game too I suppose.
  • There are always worse examples of anime adaptation.
  • Japan is a country that strongly enforce its law and morality to its culture and citizens, so I was intrigued to see how they portray each offender and how the gang makes their attack towards them.

I think I’ve only got the P5S through PS+ subscription. From my understanding, it’s a DLC that takes place after the main story, so maybe I should get and play the vanilla P5 first when it’s on sell right now. The enhanced P5R, however, is not on discount for the region I live. Thanks for the recommendation! :+1:

1 Like

It depends on what systems you have available to you.

First, P5S, which I’m assuming you’re referring to Persona 5 Strikers? That game is both a sequel to Persona 5 plot-wise but gameplay wise was not made by Atlus but rather Koei Tecmo, and is basically one of their Dynasty Warrior-type games, but with Persona 5’s flair and a lot of P5 elements added into the mix. I like Strikers alot but it is ofcourse a different game to P5’s turn based combat. Despite it being a spin-off I would say it is a pretty good sequel and honestly just nice to see the Phantom Theives again. Honestly though, while I would always say start with P5R, if you have watched the whole Persona 5 Animation, you’ve seen the main plot of Persona 5, and Strikers takes place right after it, so really whilst I imagine there is probably some stuff from the game that you might miss that didn’t make it into the anime, I don’t think there is much harm in playing Strikers first, then going back and experiencing P5.

In terms of Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal itself, you basically have 3 options. First, is Persona 5 vanilla, released for the PS3 and PS4. Nothing wrong with this version, it is the original Persona 5. But Royal would add a ton of tweaks all over the place, lots of little additions through the main game, and finally, the third semester story, which adds one more palace, adds two new characters, and really expands on one member of the Phantom Thieves. The first version of P5R was released only for the PS4. This version is locked at 30 FPS and has a bunch of DLC you can buy. The re-release of P5R was released for PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. This version has the framerate at 60fps (except for the Switch), and includes all DLC (except one DLC pack of costumes was ommited because they are banned in countries like South Korea due to them featuring an Imperial Japanese uniform.)

To be honest the 60fps and the DLC are more like nice inclusions than being super neccesary. Again, P5R is a turn based game, frame rate isn’t really a big deal, and almost all the DLC packs are just costumes for the characters to wear, a bunch from past Persona and other Atlus games, and extra Personas that basically just break the game and shouldn’t be touched until you’ve cleared the game. I think the only DLC anyone cares about is the challenge mode that lets you fight the protagonists of Persona 3 and Persona 4.

The issue is that no version of P5 or P5R lets you cross over saves to other versions of the game, or gives you the option to start the game midway through. P5R’s third semester storyline is very good but is at the end of the game which will take dozens of hours to get to. So if you do P5 vanilla, you’ll miss out on that storyline and would have to replay P5R all the way through again to reach that story content, or I guess just watch the rest of it on Youtube or something.

I don’t know if any of that is helpful.

2 Likes

5 Likes

17 Likes

HARDCORE TO THE MINISTER, YEAH!!!

6 Likes

5 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes

20 Likes

Due to our history I find this unacceptable.

10 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

makes me think of the south park “he just got served” thing lol.

2 Likes

4 Likes