The Funny Pictures/ Video Thread

my internet algorithm made me stumble upon an IDW artist’s twitter account, and this recent comic cover he posted. I think it’s real @Silvereyes hehehee

https://twitter.com/JLawrence_Art/status/1657075990676242441/photo/1

7 Likes

Oh that’s brilliant, even better that it’s the A cover, not just one of the alternative cover.

This is the internet’s way of telling you to read the IDW Sonic comics @TheChicken , there’s a rooster character who has an owl boyfriend radio host they introduced a while ago. He’s only been in 2 issues so far but may appear in more.

4 Likes

Ohh? :eyes:
Well then…

3 Likes

photo_2023-05-12_16-14-40

6 Likes

5 Likes

Scrib Jerky? Ova here!

3 Likes

Heard of this one before but for strawberries. Since then, I haven’t tasted anything strawberry flavored. And before anyone says this is silly
d6dc8040-f0de-465f-b8e2-95ac96a6be02_text

4 Likes

It is also sometimes used as a substitute for vanilla
Look in your ingredients for ‘castoreum’

Good luck living with that

4 Likes

Good thing vanilla is also not my favorite flavor but still, castoreum you say…
1lwr
gotta keep my eyes peeled for that. :grin:

2 Likes

Go Vegan

4 Likes

Eh, so what. The Native Americans didn’t believe in wasting any part of an animal, so it seems the artificial flavoring companies are following their example.

1 Like

I doubt they used anything coming from an animal’s butt for flavoring :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But if they’d thought of it…

2 Likes

It should be noted that castoreum’s use as a food flavouring is not all that common, most major food companies use vanillin or other synthesised chemicals for vanilla flavouring. Castoreum is mostly used these days as a fragrance enhancer in perfumes and it wouldn’t be the most disgusting thing used to make perfume.

According to food scientists the average US consumption of all forms of castoreum in whole is 292 pounds or around 132 kilograms (or a millionth of a pound per American). The average consumption of genuine vanilla in the US is 20,000,000 pounds or 9071 metric tonnes. Using castoreum would be a nightmare for commercial food production since it is very hard to milk a beaver’s anus for an extended or even short-term period. (Never thought I would say that). Since perfumes are luxury products they have the luxury of harvesting castoreum and even then most perfume companies making cheap perfumes would most likely use an artificial alternative.

That being said you should always eat foods that are not produced and you should minimise your consumption of artificial colours and flavourings.

6 Likes

10 Likes

No monster should start the day without having a good breakfast.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Person A: Cereal before Milk

Person B: Milk before Cereal

Godzilla: Cereal AND Milk SKREEEOONK :fire: :dragon_face:

5 Likes

My dad rn

3 Likes