The Future of HITMAN 2

On November 19th, we’ll release our November Update and you can expect more improvements, tweaks and fixes to HITMAN 2.

After 13 months of full-time support and content for HITMAN 2 – at no additional cost (besides what we added through the Expansion Pass), we’re now at a place where we are looking increasingly to the future. In real terms, we’re moving more and more of the HITMAN 2 team to join the next Hitman game, which is well underway.

This means that we’re expecting the November Update to bring the final major patch and set of Release Notes for HITMAN 2, whilst December will round out the year with the remaining new content drops for the game, including Escalations and an Elusive Target – as well as the permanent return of some Seasonal Content.

Our 2020 plans for HITMAN 2 live content will focus on continuing to add Featured Contracts as well as introduce Community-curated Contracts into the game. On top of that, we are also planning a re-activation of HITMAN 2 Elusive Targets, giving players another chance to earn any attached rewards and experience the Elusive Target missions that you might have missed the first time around.

We’ll talk more about this and take your questions on Episode #9 of IOI Monthly when the IOI Community Team will be back in front of the cameras for another preview of upcoming content.

Be sure to follow us on Twitch or Mixer – and be notified the next time we go live!

27 Likes

We’ve got a lot legacy content again.
These look cool ngl.

6 Likes

So that’s Hitman 3 confirmed for 2020 then :smile:

4 Likes

I really hope this final major patch tweaks the fragility of items and returns it to how it was on release. Tired of dropping a soda can or my sweet Red Tie Kiwi and they breaking to pieces. :bear:

6 Likes

Community-curated contracts! Yes! Really loved that gimmick in Season 1!

1 Like

Long Live Hitman Two.

Seems like HITMAN 2 has no future.
Couple more Escalations in 2020 and that’s it.
I don’t count Featured Contracts just because a contract is a something that any player can create at any time.
So 2-3 Escalations left for H2 in 2020 and life circle of HITMAN 2 may count closed.
That’s frustrating. Especially with so few new Elusive Targets…
Only hope they will catch it up for HITMAN 3…

HITMAN 2016 was supported for 2 years and HITMAN 2 seems get support only for 1 year and couple of months.
Strange

16 Likes

I think for contents Hitman 2 is pretty much it, and is a good contents, the stuff IOI gave us is a lot ! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Depends how they release Hitman 3 though and i see it all as one big game really, so support will carry on till Hitman 3 plus they have to work on it or we will never get it haha, but surely if they’re not continuing Hitman 2 content, it can only mean good things

1 Like

The game is still broken.
It needs more than one major patch.
Plus it can be more broken after this last patch.
So I don’t know even what to think.
Plus they promised expanding Ghost Mode to all the maps. Seems like we won’t even get Mumbai…
I’m frustrated

10 Likes

I think a year of support for what is inherently a single player game is pretty damn good. The game was absolutely class when it came out and has only gotten better. Hitman 1 was episodic, which is probably why it was supported for longer.

Saying a single player game has “no future” because it has stopped receiving regular updates seems a little cynical to me. Its like saying a movie has no future once it has come out on blu Ray.

8 Likes

What with other maps for Ghost Mode though?

Seems no more

1 Like

Called it… I’m not even mad anymore lol this honestly really irritated me in the past but seeing how they are making reactivations a regular thing with “Elusive Targets” (which is a shame) I’m seeing no point in bringing it up any further in the future. It’s just a shame IO strayed so far away from their original vision on these targets. But hey… I can still choose to not play the ones I already did. I’m just calling another thing right now… ELUSIVE TARGET PACK (($20.00)) WILL be a thing. Watch what I tell you :joy:

But on a good note, this is very encouraging to hear confirmation from IO that H3 is underway!! Can’t wait to play it! In the meantime I will enjoy the Future Featured Contracts.

3 Likes

whilst December will round out the year with the remaining new content drops for the game, including Escalations and an Elusive Target

We can expect new things (items?) for December, in addition to Legacy escalation. I think, after November, we get everything from H2016 except:

• Some escalations - but IO precised that they won’t release ALL the legacy escalations.
  • Holiday Hoarders - but it seems on the way that we get it permanently (look below).
  • Sarajevo Six - IO stated that there is no plan to release Sarajevo Six missions in H2.
  • ICA coins - IO stated that there is no plan to make them available for new players in H2.

as well as the permanent return of some Seasonal Content

The some is weird, because we got only two temporay seasonal content: HH and HSF (maybe I’m wrong and I forget something).
So, based on what IO did in H2016, it’s more likely that they make HH permanent. But what about HSF? Difficult to say…

Our 2020 plans for HITMAN 2 live content will focus on continuing to add Featured Contracts as well as introduce Community-curated Contracts into the game. On top of that, we are also planning a re-activation of HITMAN 2 Elusive Targets

Sounds like that ET from December will be the final ET from H2… Hope that I’m wrong.

Finally, we got nothing from Mumbai Ghost mode (expressed in the annual roadmap).

Source: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-november-roadmap/

3 Likes

6 new Elusive Targets in 13 month is very underwhelming tbh and Ghostmode seems to go nowhere. But the Game was and still is fun and thats the most important thing for a video game.

10 Likes

That’s kind of sad to read ,but the whole team has to move forward into making H3!!!
Apparently the ‘‘Mumbai Ghost Mode’’ announced back in April highlights has been cancelled and the whole multiplayer matchmaking will stay forever in Beta version …
Let’s hope the last major patch that drops in a few days , will fix all remaining inconsistensies.
Permanent return of Seasonal Content will be Holiday Hoarders but maybe they will add that Snow Festival Hokkaido too!!! I will enjoy throwing snowballs again :stuck_out_tongue:
Reactivation of Elusive Targets means the Undying will return again with both eyes patched ?!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As I said on the November Roadmap post, I don’t mind them ending support for the game considering the amount of content already available HOWEVER… I do want something to be done about ETs

• Just end tying suit unlocks to ETs; make any ET rewards not yet acquired retroactively unlocked via Mastery or Escalations; & make ETs permanent
  • Reactivate both Legacy & H2 ETs; set it to an automated, never-ending reactivation cycle so that way no matter when someone gets the game, they can always have the chance to unlock the rewards
  • Or, at the very least, reactivate Legacy & H2 ETs, & then STOP with ETs. I’d rather they spent all the time, energy, & money they spend making time limited, single play ETs & funneled it all into making fewer, permanent Bonus Episode-style missions. I’d rather have played on only 2 or 3 time of day-altered versions of maps available for Contracts than the 6 ETs created for H2.

Considering those that didn’t get the Legacy Pack are SOL when it comes to unlocking any of the suit unlocks besides the H2 Location, Terminus, Absolution, & maybe the BM suit & only if they don’t fuck up a single one… This is starting to be a much bigger issue than ever before imo.

It was annoying when they originally locked classic suits behind the ETs in 2016. It’s now virtually impossible for any newcomers to unlock many suits & it’s annoying even for those that have the Legacy pack because they have to reunlock all of the suits they may have previously unlocked in 2016 all because while the levels carry over, the unlocks did not.

Why is that? Because of Square Enix servers? Why isn’t that information tied to our IOI accounts? That way, regardless of platform, it can go “Oh you had these things before, here you go” despite potentially switching platforms or any other issues like switching publishers.

10 Likes

i wonder if Hitman 3 will release on PS5 already :thinking:

3 Likes

Why is allowing people to replay content a bad thing? I wish they were permanent; not $20 permanent – more like free permanent.

But regardless – I thought reactivations only allowed you to play the ones you’ve never played before anyway? So any you’ve done won’t be possible to replay. Isn’t that how it works? The only reason Legacy ETs were a thing is so we could earn the H2016 location suit unlocks for use in H2 (instead of just unlocking those suits by default or having then unlocked via Escalations/Mastery which they should have done) but besides that, reactivations, afaik, don’t let you replay any ETs you’ve already played.

3 Likes