The General Awards Ceremony Thread

Update April 2024 : Renamed the topic since it became the de facto place for all awards show.

• Game Awards
  • DICE
  • BAFTA

As last year, here is the appropriate thread for tonight’s event for when reveals and awards are distributed.

The show will start at 7:30 ET, 4:30 PT. 00:30 GMT. In six hours

Youtube :

The Show has ended, here are the awards :

The Usual Suspects

• Game of the Year : Elden Ring
  • Best Game Direction : Elden Ring
  • Best Narrative : God of War Ragnarok
  • Best Art Direction : Elden Ring
  • Best Score and Music : Bear McCreary, God of War Ragnarok
  • Best Audio Design : God of War Ragnarok
  • Best Performance : Christopher Judge as Kratos, God of War Ragnarok

The “For the Devs Teams”

• Games for Impact : As Dusks Falls
  • Best Ongoing Game : Final Fantasy XIV
  • Best Independant Game : Stray
  • Best Mobile Game : Marvel Snap
  • Best Community Support : Final Fantasy XIV
  • Best VR/AR Game : Moss Book II
  • Innovation in Accessibility : God of War Ragnarok

The Best of Genres

• Best Action Game : Bayonneta 3
  • Best Action/Adventure Game : God of War Ragnarok
  • Best Role Playing Game : Elden Ring
  • Best Fighting Game : Multiversus
  • Best Family Game : Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Best Sport/Racing Game : Gran Turisimo 7
  • Best Sim/Strategy Game : Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Best Multiplayer Game : Splatoon 3
  • Best Debut Indie Game : Stray

The Miscellaneous

• Most Anticipated Game : The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
  • Best Adaptation : Arcane
  • Player’s Voice : Genshin Impact
8 Likes

Unless there is anything about IOI’s 007 game, there is little that I am anticipating.

6 Likes

I have a love-hate relationship with how this show focuses way more on the ads and game reveals than it does on the actual Awards and people behind the games.

That said, I can’t say I’m not interested in whether we’ll see

• The Wolf Among Us 2
  • Oxenfree II
  • Alan Wake II

Boy, I have a lot of 2’s on my upcoming games list

2 Likes

honestly, i’m the opposite. i just want to see the reveals. i’m not all that interested in the awards myself, though it is undoubtedly nice to see a developer you like do well (go sloclap!)

1 Like

Usually I’m not super interested in the awards themselves, but this year I definitely am, there are a couple of games that are up for game of the year that I felt like were there with actual good reason, rather than just being a parade of the latest games in stale franchises. Stray, for instance, was a fantastic indie game that, while it wasn’t my favorite game of the year, it was a great experience. Elden Ring, too. It had sort of a weird surge of players because it actually released in a playable state and you didn’t have to wait 3 months for them to actually finish it. I’m interested to see what wins.

Ed Boon said there will be no announcement from NRS, so I’m not watching :cry:

1 Like

I only saw TGA last year because a twitch user I follow happened to be streaming it. Watched it live and they did NOT nominate HITMAN 3 for anything beyond “best VR game” or something like that, when the VR was a PS4 exclusive at the time and it was not even good. Not even a GOTY nomination for H3… game got absolutely snubbed. 0/10 won’t be watching tga ever again.

Such is probably the consequence of releasing your game very early in the year.

Even now, there’s been tons of talk about the latest Need For Speed, the new Pokemon Games, the Callisto Protocol – granted, not a lot being talked about all those games is good, but if they all were, they’d still be greatly overshadowed by whatever comes in 2023, just because of this ineligible-TGA-release window so late in the year.

1 Like

For those that are watching it just for the Steam Deck giveaway :grin:

2 Likes

Giveaway starts after the preshow btw

Also it’s gonna be hard to see who wins with how fast that chat is scrolling

update: Awards during the pre-show again? wtf

Sifu deserved better
(oops, it’s still in the Action and Indie categories. Good. Should still be featured in the main event)

Should out to the person next to “average jonas” with that stunned performance

the detailed pixel art and art style of Replaced looks really cool

to end Act 1, they’re doing Best Family Game
How dare they do Family Game in the pre-show.
(I get that the main show will probably have mature content, but still, this is still a pretty major category (for Nintendo lol)

also WOO KIRBY WON YES GIMME MORE PLS

3 Likes

Official show has started, big names have been mentioned, Geoff immediately promotes the new trailers on the slate lmao and…

Al Dunkaccino Pacino is here what

6 Likes

Fuck… I totally forgot :joy:

1 Like

I get that they’re trying to legitimize video game acting by using a Hollywood name actor to present it but… but please why couldn’t they choose someone who actually plays games and knows about this stuff.

Hooray for Christopher Judge as Kratos wooo big boy

Hooray for Agent 47, waiting in the wings to steal this dope suit. DAMNNN

4 Likes

I’d rather have someone that’s at least funny, like Al, instead of being cringy.

Also for a a brief moment I thought he was going to announce a Scarface (game) remake or sequel

2 Likes

No one throws Kratos off the stage. No one!

Dude’s laying out his heart. Good for the producers for not playing him off for a good while.
Could’ve maybe been better rehearsed but cool to see such a long recognition in this tsunami of ads

2 Likes

OMG A HADES SEQUEL?! THE MUSIC, THE ELECTRIC GUITAR WOOOO

I couldn’t have picked a better time to finish the first game proper

3 Likes

looks like the tga are an absolute laugh again this year, some announcements are good but the awards part is still hilariously biased

oh and the entire event itself is so cringely presented, i love it. thank you geoff for encapsulating all that was good about e3

4 Likes

A Ghostbusters VR game and I gotta commend them for having a giant monster, but for once it’s not Stay Puft. Cool.

2 Likes

Nothing can beat the cringe fest that was the Ubisoft presentations.

4 Likes

This may be cringe, but damn I’m always blown away by the orchestra. This God of War song is pretty damn epic. Bear MacCreary has a good voice!

4 Likes