The Last Resort (First Impressions/spoilers)

Here you can discuss the Last Resort and spoilers do not need to be marked.

First impression is reminder, just in case:

September 24th

Xbox One (Global) 13:00 UTC
PS4 (Europe) 13:00 UTC
PS4 (North America) 15:00 UTC
PC (Global) 17:00 UTC

September 25th

PS4 (Asia) 03:00 UTC
PS4 (Japan) 03:00 UTC

horrible time for pc players

2 Likes

We’ll see if this ends up happening…

In around 45 minutes the Resort will be released

Well there’s always an Asia PS4 player, so… :expressionless:

3 Likes

my first impression :wink:

18 Likes

Should be arriving any minute now on PS4 in the EU!

This map reminds me of Hokkaido. The shape, the VIP nature. 4 huts, 4 VIP suites arranged similarly, with a walk towards the main entry-exit dividing them centrally.
Love it!

i already took the day off tomorrow. No way am i working tomorrow.

Last cutscene. I did not quite understand what happened. As expected, Gray turned out to be two-faced? Did he work together with Constant? Or just somehow used him to intercept the resources of the Partners? Did Olivia know about this? Did she help Constant escape?

I have no idea what’s going on in that final cutscene, but considering the rest of the story made no sense either, I’m not letting it trouble me.

Excellent final map though, stoked for H3!

10 Likes

Loving this map. Been walking around it for hours without killing anyone so far.

Love the swimsuit. Makes you wonder where he keeps his gun. Would’ve been cool if that outfit restricted your inventory.

Minor hint: the trapdoors under the huts can be shot from outside, providing you an easy opening.

5 Likes

We had this in Hokkaido.
I think I’ve heard IOI admitted that this was a mistake

2 Likes

I’m not talking about a restricted load out or the starting resort outfit. I’m referring to the swimsuit you can find in the room. I was thinking along the lines of the Traditions of the Trade mechanic where when changing in a swimsuit your inventory would stay with the suit you changed out of.

1 Like

It would’ve been hard to implement technically I think.
Probably even impossible on current game engine

1 Like

Now to find the second piece of the map

So far, it appears the storm is triggered after killing any 2 of the missions targets.

5 Likes

First impression: Why the hell is no music here?? (OST)
Second impression: Why the hell everyone speak in english?

I though that after Brilliant Bank location which have one of best OST, new location will have definitly have its own. And after Santa Fortuna, Mumbai - Maledives will have also native speakers. FFS IOI!
Locaition looks great, but these two things make me angry :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: Special Assigments are pernament ET, no surprise here.

1 Like

Just found the 2nd piece of the map in the SEC break room, its opposite where the scuba diver outfit can be obtained.

It’s hanging on the notice board on the wall.

1 Like