The McCallister Ransack

Released November 28th 2019 in Whittleton Creek

Level 1
  • Filigree Egg: Take the filigree egg from the Wilson property.
  • Letter Opener: Take a letter opener from the West property.
Level 2
  • Neighborhood Watch: Entering any house or garden is trespassing for all disguises.
Level 3

• Take the Filigree Egg from the Wilson property.
  • Take the Letter Opener from the West property.
  • Take the Golden Idol from the Cassidy property.
  • Entering any house or garden is trespassing for all disguises.
  • When you steal an item, steal another within 90 seconds until all items are stolen.
  • Do not enter or exit any properties through exterior doorways or garages.

Thanks to @Anti-Gravitas

6 Likes

I’m sure you were going to get around this. :wink:

Level 1
Level 2
  • Neighborhood Watch: Entering any house or garden is trespassing for all disguises.
Level 3
  • Golden Idol: Take the golden idol from the Cassidy property.
  • Robbery Streak: When you steal an item, steal another within 90 seconds until all items are stolen.
  • No Doors Allowed: Do not enter or exit any properties through exterior doorways or garages.
5 Likes

Or just steal yours :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t played any of today’s escalations yet, because it’s 1am lel, but I love that they’re not just doing plain old assassination objectives. I’m sure some people absolutely hate it, but I like that they’re doing something different

Guess we’ll see how it plays out in practice though

10 Likes

This is a good.

Edit: one

4 Likes

All these have been above average imo :grin:

And now IO is stopping releasing escalations… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Rather this

2 Likes

Well they’ve still got contracts coming out so :man_shrugging:

Is this a fact or your personal prognosis?

1 Like

I mean I just re-read what IOs officially said and I guess it’s just my assumption then. But what they’ve said is

“Our 2020 plans for HITMAN 2 live content will focus on continuing to add Featured Contracts as well as introduce Community-curated Contracts into the game”

So not necessarily stopping escalations but less focus at least? My previous comment was erroneous :joy:

1 Like

Level 3 2:33

I’ve got a feeling I will fail this just out of stupid habits, running through a door

4 Likes

I would say a fact, because Travis said nothing about new content in 2020 in last stream.
They been asked about Legacy Escalations and Challenge Packs - Travis literally said ‘no’.
On the desk for 2020 Featured (Community Curated) Contracts exclusively. That’s all

1 Like

I can’t complete this because I can’t pick up the Golden Idol in Cassidy’s safe. The prompt for picking it up it just doesn’t appears.

2 Likes

Try from different angle.

Already did. Tried even shooting at it and moving it with explosives. This is on XB1.

Fixed: I just left the golden idol for last and I was able to pick it up. I don’t see anything in the description about that or anything. Weird as hell.

2 Likes

Ironically the last level made the Wilson property the hardest one to infiltrate. Tried different strategies to no avail and got slightly frustrated until I remembered something important: panicked civilians ignore you when you’re trespassing. So one “controlled” rubber duck explosion later it turned from frustrating to a walk in the park. :grinning:

Overall a good escalation. I like it that IO is trying to do new and creative stuff with their escalations.

2 Likes

Can xbox players confirm that it’s not possible to go for the gold idol first?

We have 2 players saying it’s not possible.

save_0

Not sure how people can’t pick it up, I managed to complete it just fine. I’m on the Xbox One S if that matters.

I’m on Xbox and the pick up prompt refuses to appear. Is there some hidden sequencing or a correct way of opening the safe?

EDIT: As far as I can tell, this only affects some Xbox users and the fix appears to be random. After dinner, I tried a few more times alternating between going after the egg first or egg last. Eventually, I was able to pick up the egg (during an “egg first” attempt), and there wasn’t anything I did differently to explain why it worked that time.