The Montague Audacity - Escalation in Santa Fortuna

Level 1

• Eliminate Uberto Navarrete Caseres
  • Eliminate Heber Griego Sepulveda
Level 2
  • Eliminate Uberto Navarrate Caseres
  • Eliminate Heber Griego Sepúlveda
  • Hack the laptop in the sub-caves (20 seconds)
Level 3
  • Eliminate Uberto Navarrate Caseres
  • Eliminate Heber Griego Sepúlveda
  • Hack the laptop in the sub-caves (20 seconds)
  • Additonal cameras have been added (if recorded, remove the evidence in 2 minutes)

8 Likes

And here’s level 3 with only the Kalmer, a coin and the EMP Charge needed.
#NoCheapItems

4 Likes
3 Likes

Nice. I went with the EPhone on the submarine guy too at first. But then I realised I could lure him to the stairs by bringing him closer with the coin and using the screwdriver as a front melee throw.

2 Likes

The Any/Any Targets were a bit lackluster but I’m happy that the laptop hacking is back. Hope we also see a returns of the laser and the sticky gun.

1 Like
4 Likes

Say, did they bring back the random head turning? I could’ve sworn the guard in the blue shirt next to the laptop turns his head at random intervals. Not to mention that sometimes he only slightly turns his head and other times he looks right over his shoulder and sees me hacking the laptop.

2 Likes

I thought this one was pretty good tbh, all in a close proximity but made you think a little more than the last few. After playing some of the legacy escalation I’m still not 100% sure whether I prefer 3 levels or 5!

Replaying those legacy escalations have absolutely confirmed in my mind how much better 3 levels have been. To be honest the third level of this one was a waste of a level. If you’re using the quickest exit / strategy on level 2, then you’re almost certainly disabling the surveillance equipment anyway. So there is essentially no difference between level 2 and 3.

This completely ruined this escalation for me. Unless you take some other action to remove that NPC from his position, then it’s like throwing dice trying to hack the laptop. Hitman is meant to be a game of skill, not chance. Either make it so you can never hack it with him there or you can always do it, but this kind of randomness has no place in this game. I can do level 2 and 3 with 100% success rate in about 1.55 if I move him, but in about 1.40 if I throw the dice with about a 50% chance of him turning his head to spot me.

6 Likes

Headturning has always been there, IO had just fixed it so absurd amounts of awareness in NPCs was greatly reduced. It’s still gonna bug out tho, since the movements and viewcones are still random and programmed to catch you if they even slightly see you they’re just more realistic now. There’s also the whole thing of not being tasked to do something this precise in H2 before while in H1 it was all the time. I only had the guy spot me one out of ten times but that is annoying.

2 Likes

As for the escalation I liked that they’re finally doing something akin to an H1 escalation with laptop hacking and using parts of the level you don’t normally explore all that much. I also like making part of the challenge getting rid of or avoiding NPCs that turn their heads (tho it is buggy). However, I felt the level progression was crap. Level 3 should’ve added more to make it stand out from 2 and 3

1 Like

Somewhat agree. 3 is great, as long as all 3 are significant steps that really seperate them from each other. This one could have used a level 4 (or simply just a better level 3), because as you mentioned, lvl3 didn’t change anything.

4 Likes

Headturning is fine for me, as it adds to the realism, but it shouldn’t be random, as that takes away from the planning and execution. I always imagine it to be like those vision cones in Commandos or Desperados, going left to right. I like the idea of observing which way an NPC is looking and where he will not look for the next 5 seconds. The idea of static NPCs with fixed gazes doesn’t appeal to me at all.

3 Likes

It was doable. Even I came up with two easy ways to get rid of the guard (Sieker, weapon on the floor).The one in Marrakesh was a far worse.

But you’re right, the randomness is annoying. Especially since he sometimes looks over his left shoulder first, which allows you to stop the hacking in time, and sometimes he looks over his right shoulder first, giving you no chance to avoid getting caught.

So which exit do you took? I took the boat exit in the town, figuring it would be the fastest one. So for me Level 2 and 3 were different. In Level 2 there was only one camera in my path, which I simply shoot. In Level 3, on the other hand, sabotaging the security system was the smarter choice.

2 Likes

The Montague Audacity (Lv3) – Suit Only, No Camera Interaction

As the restrictions imply, we’re going to avoid interacting with cameras in any way. This includes being recorded by one, shooting or otherwise disabling one, or disabling a recording device anywhere on the map. So far as the cameras are aware, we do not exist. This turned out to be quite a bit easier than I would’ve expected; the blind spot for the cameras just happens to lead right to the targets, and there aren’t really any cameras to worry about with the laptop either.

The phone lure was set up in such a way that, no matter how he appears to react to it, the guard next to the target will not hear it and thus won’t go after it. The gunshot distraction keeps the other guard, who can hear it, from overriding the target’s inclination to go check it out. I tried to mess around with it a bit to just lure the target, but the way audio lures are in 2018 it’s impossible to lure anybody with a shorter-range audio lure and the phone’s range is gigantic so it can be hard not to catch the second guard in it.

This can probably be done without knockouts if you use some shenanigans like dropped weapons and risk the RNG with the head turning guard at the console, but I didn’t feel like plodding through that.

1 Like

I took the bus out of town…

The Montague Audacity - Level 1 (1.20) + 3 (1.35)

0:00 Level 1 (1.20)
Level 2 skipped - too similar to level 3.
2:08 Level 3 (1.35)

6 Likes