The Partners - Interesting Intel

Oh so we are all cursing his sudden and inevitable betrayal? Because that is exactly what is wrong with it, I always felt there was little evidence he was going to betray us. it was because I knew how IO would use Grey that I knew he would betray us, die or both.

1 Like

Downscale it? I highly doubt a centuries old secret organisation that uses an intricate web of wealth businessmen and elite politicians is a downscale from The Franchise.

No more USA missions! Please according to the UN the world has 190 plus nation states pick some of those.

Really? because I like the idea of 47 and co just failing to take down Providence at all or they reform anyway and they are either locked in a forever war or slowly concede to Providence as assets to be used in “maintenance”. I think that is slightly more original or at least more realistic than the ragtag heroes taking down the Illuminati.

No no, you misunderstand me. I mean going from the Franchise and Alpha Zerox to Blake Dexter, whose sphere of influence was…a remote town…?

I agree it would be more realistic to assimilate with or alter Providence instead of destroy them, but this is mass media, most of the audience aren’t going to be happy without a satisfying ending. Though I wouldn’t mind a more thought-provoking one! Perhaps as a society we can’t live without Providence, because it’s an integral part of our society. The backbone of our way of life.

But America is the only country that matters. It is the main character in the world’s story, and everywhere else are just extras :slight_smile:

Oh sorry I think I did misunderstand you. But I would like to point out Blake is a wealthy man in an industry that is deeply entrenched with America’s politics and culture. He has the pull at least the same as a Franchise cell with added luxury of being more overt in how he does things. Maybe not the whole Franchise shebang though.

Who cares? Plenty of stories that have unsatisfying endings like Brazil, Red Dead Redemption or 1984 all are classics in their mediums with unique thought provoking endings.

This is a niche franchise and most people who play the games only really care about the gameplay. So long as it is coherent and doesn’t fuck with 47’s established character many wouldn’t care about the direction of the story.

They might matter more but I am sick of going to America it is the most visited nation in the series by my count. With Russia being a distant second with Colombia tying with the Federation. (Counting Russia in C:47 and Contracts since I think all the missions both take place in the same areas since they are remakes)

Blake Dexter had a failing arms manufacturer that lost its US contracts and had to market its proximity mines to the home defense market! The arms dealer waiting to meet with him at the factory implies he’s a has-been who has fallen from grace, and Layla says they’re in dire need of cash before they go broke. Dexter might have had that kind of influence before, but now not worthy of 47’s attention.

I wonder if the next game shouldn’t have a plot at all? Just 47 globetrotting and taking on lots of missions. Well, 6 :smile: I think if you plotted 47’s missions on a map, there would be whole regions untouched (we visited Africa for the first time in HITMAN 2016!) but the US would be lit up like a Christmas tree!

Really? I didn’t know that mostly because I have a patented system of disinterest in non-game materials and mnemonic repression of the in-game story that inhibits my knowledge of Absolution.

No. It will be a checklist, a formality if you will.

A Malaria Eke Insult You. :upside_down_face:

Like the Earth from space there is America and the places America ignores or ruins.

Are those just random words thrown in no particular order?

Okay this is turning into mindless insults now, so I bid you goodbye :slight_smile:

No it is my only request I want IO to take on board but I ran it through an anagram website. Because there is so many ways I can say it before I sound like a skipping record.

How dare you call my insults mindless! Do you know how insulting that is to my insults! Oh yeah I didn’t mean to insult you.

I was reading this whole thread again, because it’s one of the things it interests me the most facing the upcoming Hitman 3 and this answer made me think that it’s obvious that 47 would not kill Edwards and Grey if it’s not personal or if it’s not an order. Therefore that makes me think that even if there’s a betrayal, there must be something else to ignite 47. That leaves me with:

1 - they kill Diana and that’s personal for 47 as he’s starting to be more human and understanding what he caused to Diana and how close to her he was.

2 - instead of that, Diana is the traitor along with Grey (she looks “comfortable” with him and i think that 47 has high chances of being manipulated, since he’s the most skilled hitman but he has affective problems that could led him to think it was worthwile to pursue that “searching about the past” thing) and then if 47 is alone it makes more sense to feel that he needs to get rid off of all that people (maybe olivia is his new best friend, since i think she’s also being set up)

3 - none of that happens and we never kill Grey since he dies off camera or something else happens (it wouldn’t be the first time IO discards a very high-tension plot to uncover something even bigger that’s happening behind that first plot) that makes Grey not important.

4 - 47 wants to buy IO to force them to create a remake of Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Codename 47, etc. in the new Hitman engine and he needs all the partners money so he’ll not stop until he gets it.

6 Likes

I spat up my drink when I read this. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

3 Likes

Grey probably intends to kill 47 to stop his only threat to power

Grey is shown to know “villain” tropes all too well and did not make mistakes like monologuing, leaving dangerous people to die without 100% confirming death or other movie stuff. So Grey going after 47 would be idiotic but that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Most of the time, a smart villain in videogames goes down only after doing something stereotypically dumb.

“I should’ve killed you when I had the…chance…!” expires

4 Likes

I strongly disagree. Especially Hitman 2 had so many Intresting Targets like almost never before. From Drug Lord Rico Delgado who has a Museum about himself to literally every Target in Mumbai since they’re all Amazing. Of course the Game has Week Targets like Haven Founders and in particular Steven Bradley, who hasn’t even unique Voicelines when held a Gun at, but still.

2 Likes

I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that

I mean he is just a paper thin brogrammer stereotype. In fact all of the Haven targets are a little thin personality wise.

Steven’s the comic relief. I’d say Vetrova and Williams’s have the most interesting personalities with how her manipulations are factoring into his deteriorating sanity

Well I don’t find him very comical I just think he is a shallow parody. For a group of people whose main conflict is predicated on clashing personalities and gambits piling up they very rarely interact with each other.

I think Vetrova is the best target in the game beacause of her part in the sideplot

3 Likes

The questions H3 should answer :

• Who exactly are the partners : friends, aristocrats with mutual interests ?

• Why did they found Providence (is their wealth not enough) ? How many time did it take ?

• Why is badeguard such in love with the blackballer and is MrOchoa such obsessed with remastering oldies ?

2 Likes