The Riviera Restoration Escalation 3.10.2019

Going live soon I hope, I’m hungry for more to do in Hitman 2 :grinning:.

https://www.hitman2maps.com/

9 Likes

If the timing is correct as usual then we’re 95 minutes away :slight_smile:

2 Likes

dang i almost forgot that H2 gets weekly stuff. im still stuck in Haven :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Level 1:

• Eliminate Ernesto Nedina (A waiter who takes a cigarette break at the back of Kronstadt Paddock) via any method as Medic
  • Complication: Unspotted Medic (If you are spotted doing anything illegal or suspicious while disguised as a medic, you will fail the mission.)
Level 2
  • An additional target: John Petrock (A security guard patrolling at the back of the paddocks). Any method as Medic
Level 3
  • Yet another additional target: Fishy Joe (A dude with white tank top who will try to sell VIP ticket to 47). Any method as Medic
  • Complication: Enhanced Enforcers (Additional civilians, workers, and guards can see through the Medic disguise.)

This is a pretty nice little escalation to me. The final level clearly intends to make you use the hidden in crowd mechanic of the game.

13 Likes

Entertaining, straight to the point, uses one of the mechanics introduced in H2. Beary nice for something quite simple.

1 Like

Level 1

Scorecard

Method
  • Started as medic
  • Shot waiter in face
  • Ambulance exit

Level 2

Scorecard

IMG_20191003_160019

Method
  • Started as medic
  • Shot waiter in face
  • Used Electrocution Phone on guard
  • Changed into guard disguise
  • Exited via front gate

Level 3

Scorecard

Method
  • Started as medic with lethal syringe pickup
  • Used Electrocution Phone on civilian
  • Used lethal syringe on waiter
  • Distracted non-target guard with bullet impact
  • Used lethal syringe on guard
  • Changed into guard disguise
  • Exited via front gate

Overall I really enjoyed this escalation. Level 3 is what really made it, you had to be very careful with where you were and who was around. I’ve never really tested the medic disguise so it was interesting to see how NPCs in areas reacted to me.

Also I’d rather that they made it
you cannot change out of the medic disguise
because after you kill the last target (usually the guard) you can change into his disguise which makes exfiltrating the level too easy.

So while I agree this is true you can avoid crowds completely using paths behind paddocks and disguise changes. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You think so? I did not even go to that side

OT: Another glorified contract imo. Escalations should have special complications. And extra enforcers ain’t it, especially since i did not even encounter them.

Speedrun new escalation The Riviera Restoration (3lvl)

4 Likes

My take on this contract

1 Like

It was… okay. Better than the last one from Whittelton Creek but that doesn’t says much. Especially since we already have an Escalation in Miami where you must kill people disguised as Medic. And that one at least had the gimmick of forcing you to use an amputation knife.

I prefer the escalation’s that make you use a specific method or weapon, especially if it’s something that you can’t take from you inventory and have to acquire said item first, I liked the amputation knife one :+1:t2:

sloooooow

6 Likes
4 Likes

Maybe my standards and expectations are just so low now when it comes to escalations, but this wasn’t a bad one; definitely not as bad as I was expecting from the video (Didn’t help that in the video they used the amputation knife, exact same as the other escalation)

Today I learned that the Medic isn’t allowed behind the paddocks!

Level 1 - Pointless

Level 2 - At least made you go in a trespassing area, but other than that it’s just a custom contract with “Never Get Spotted” complication

Level 3 - The extra enforcers seemed interesting but ultimately are very easy to get around (I wasn’t once spotted by them in all my runs), especially if once you kill the guard you just change into his clothes to escape.

Good that it had freedom for you to figure out any strat you want.

I still don’t think it’s a great escalation, but at least it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

Yeah well, I went that side indeed. Since it was either going through crowds, or the back of paddocks, which is a trespassing zone for medic. Maybe not so clearly, but this one still requires players to choose their paths towards the guard imo.

I guess escalations differ a lot depending on whether they are special. This one belongs to the normal category. On the other hand, the Santa Fortuna one which unlocks El Matador or the upcoming Halloween one are the escalations with special complications.

I am just happy to not see Sticky Pistol again, though. It used to bring a lot of pain to me. But if it ever returns, I am sure I can handle better than before.

You can kill him from a distance, basically from where you kill the waiter.

Yeah but i don’t want to really see “normal” in escalations. I want to see complications that are truly special, and we won’t encounter in regular contracts mode. And just added enforcers doesn’t cut it imo

2 Likes

The two first stages of this escalation are so easy they are pointless.
IO should also add a challenging aspect in stage 1 or definitely 2 of an escalation.
Three step escalations are only an improvement over the five step if it means skipping the first two easy steps.

3 Likes

Why not use a gun that penetrates bodies? Or would getting the 1st and 3rd target with one shot cause for collateral damage due to their alignment?

And yeah. I was surprised to see the tarp-banging but no non-targets killed. Absolute Wizardry. :+1:

eta: Besides (Re: body piercing). That means either taking the Striker/El Matador (firing it risks getting bodies found), or one of the piercing sniper-rifles to be smuggled near the 1st target (then it has to be assembled) :fire: :clock1: .

1 Like

A pretty straight forward Escalation for me, except level 3 which threw me off a bit and made me run back and forth, before I figured a way to get to the 2nd and 3rd target :grinning:.

Use only Lethal Poison Syringe and neck snap throughtout this Escalation.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure the “intended” method for this Escalation is to make use of the bullet-permeable cloth/plastic walls. You only need a pistol to SA this in 0:40 or so, albeit with some mild RNG.

1 Like